Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Research Law Professors Before Choosing Law Schools

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Youtube: Third match party (copyright) which one should i click?

The law of the sea.

Postby arber47 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 am

I was making a drawing video and i added music in the background. So here is my link that i drew and i added my music in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNZCUxGJ46o
I clicked third match party. And I was little bit confused. Can you tell me which one should i click?
I didnt mean to steal music.

I believe this copyright claim is not valid because:
I own the CD / DVD or bought the song online.

I'm not selling the video or making any money from it.

I gave credit in the video.

The video is my original content and I own all of the rights to it.

I have a license or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.

My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.

The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.
arber47

Postby hillocke » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:56 am

I was making a drawing video and i added music in the background. So here is my link that i drew and i added my music in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNZCUxGJ46o
I clicked third match party. And I was little bit confused. Can you tell me which one should i click?
I didnt mean to steal music.

I believe this copyright claim is not valid because:
I own the CD / DVD or bought the song online.

I'm not selling the video or making any money from it.

I gave credit in the video.

The video is my original content and I own all of the rights to it.

I have a license or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.

My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.

The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.
you just click "accept" and you move on with making more videos. When people watch your videos, an ad shows up on your video saying the music artist and where to buy the music, thats all
hillocke

Postby delrico » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:58 am

you shouldn't have even filed a counter-claim against the copyright claim

You state in your own description that you do not own the song... HELLO! You don't own the song. why are you using it in your video if you don't own it?

so If can I rob a bank and keep the money by telling the police "I don't own the money. No Theft is intended"? I Don't think so

If you don't want copyright issues on you tube, don't use copyrighted material, point blank

You can't just disclaim ownership say "no copyright infringement is inteded" and credit the person who it belongs to. It's your video, your responsibilty.

"no copyright infringement intened" is STILL copyright infringement because you're using copyrighted material without a license from the copyright owner

Disclaimers are just words and they do not excuse the infringement of copyrights
delrico

Return to Maritime Law