Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Xcu Exlusion

Workers Compensation Law Discussion

Xcu Exlusion

Postby Avram » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:49 am

We are an architectural firm in PA.  We have been awarded a project with State of NJ and require an endorsement eliminating the XCU exclusion.  We can't seem to get our GL agent to provide this requirement.  Can you assist to how we can go about completing this requirement?
Avram

Xcu Exlusion

Postby Masson » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:17 pm

We are an architectural firm in PA.  We have been awarded a project with State of NJ and require an endorsement eliminating the XCU exclusion.  We can't seem to get our GL agent to provide this requirement.  Can you assist to how we can go about completing this requirement?
Masson

Xcu Exlusion

Postby Jediah » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:11 pm

Regina Jean-Claude;

The pre-simplified ISO GL form(prior to 1986) had a built in exclusion for XCU(explosion, collapse and underground). The newer simplified version of the ISO GL form(CG 0001 - which most carriers are using now) does not have such an exclusion.  There is a separate endorsement used to exclude XCU(the form number is CG 2142, I think). So in other words, if your GL policy doesn't have that endorsement you should be fine. If it does have that endorsement then your agent simply needs to request that that endorsement be removed. If your agent is unsuccessful then you'll have to consider moving your GL insurance to another carrier that won't include that endorsement on your policy because remember, in the current form XCU is NOT excluded, only if the endorsement is added. I hope that answers your question and if you need any other information just send me another email. Good luck!

Kristen
Jediah

Return to Workers Compensation