Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Work Permit For Non Eu Spouse

Family Law Discussion Forum

Postby Watford » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:57 am

Please can you help me. I have been trying to research the laws regarding work permits in Germany, specifically Berlin. My husband who has a German Passport but has been living in South Africa is currently in Berlin on a scholarship from the DAAD. I am a South African and have applied for my residence visa so as to join him as soon as I receive it. We are only staying for a year before we return to South Africa. Will I then be able to apply for a work permit once in Berlin? I am a graphic designer by trade. I have read so many conflicting views based on this. Please can you validate the working rights for Non EU Citizens married to Germans who do not reside in Germany permantly. Any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Leigh Globisch
Watford

Postby Ridley » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:02 am

Dear Leigh: I'm not certain if you will be allowed to work because I don't know what type of visa you will be given: if you are granted residency based on your marriage, you should be allowed to work in general. If you are given a more specific type of visa based on a limited stay tied to academics(DAAD) then you may not. Sorry I cannot help you further. I'd perhaps try talking to someone at the consulate to determine what type of visa you will be granted and what the stipulations come with that type of visa. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but this is somewhat outside of my area of expertise. Carolin
Ridley

Postby Birde » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:08 am

Please can you help me. I have been trying to research the laws regarding work permits in Germany, specifically Berlin. My husband who has a German Passport but has been living in South Africa is currently in Berlin on a scholarship from the DAAD. I am a South African and have applied for my residence visa so as to join him as soon as I receive it. We are only staying for a year before we return to South Africa. Will I then be able to apply for a work permit once in Berlin? I am a graphic designer by trade. I have read so many conflicting views based on this. Please can you validate the working rights for Non EU Citizens married to Germans who do not reside in Germany permantly. Any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Leigh Globisch
Birde

Return to Family Law