Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Within The Uk Is Self-Defense Legal? If That's The Case, What's Allowed As A Way Of Defense? See Details.

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

Within The Uk Is Self-Defense Legal? If That's The Case, What's Allowed As A Way Of Defense? See Details.

Postby oscar38 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:05 am

What do crime victims inside the U.K. do when attacked? Given that weapons are banned, could it be assumed that absolutely everyone will end up a black-belt in karate? Or is self-defense also reputable? Are sufferers anticipated to just cooperate with being raped, robbed, beaten, and killed? Are the police legally essential to safeguard everybody from assault? Must they fail what(for example) will be the charge to law enforcement for failing continually to secure a welfare mother from rape and robbery?In The Usa the societal norms are for people to not commit violent crimes against other individuals, but criminals often dismiss societal norms. Additionally, in America we don't have a police officer assigned to safeguard every individual all the time. So I am asking yourself, that in the U.K. when criminals ignore law enforcement and social norms are not instantly present, how do sufferers of legal assault shield themselves? Is self-defense acceptable? What is the consequence for the police need to they don't protect ordinary individuals?
oscar38

Inside The Great Britain Is Self-Defense Appropriate? In That Case, What's Authorized As A Means Of Safety? See Details.

Postby slaine » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:07 am

Or, alternately, for any individual not interested in sarcasm:All organizations, like ours, location limits on our usage of hands. These that do not consist of areas like Somalia, an properly-armed and very impolite society.You can draw the line in a lot of various locations, and the sophistication of neighborhood causes it to be tough to evaluate the experiments performed in various nations. There is data to each assistance and oppose the thought that wonderful BRITAIN will be safer with laxer weapon regulations. For all I know wonderful BRITAIN will be safest if every person had a bazooka.But it is merely silly and insulting to declare that the British do not care or anticipate subjects to ignore offense. They've their personal techniques to the troubles, some of which function, some of which do not. Oversimplifying the scenario to philosophy defines practically nothing.
slaine

In The United Kingdom Is Self Defense Lawful? If So, What Is Allowed As A Means Of Defense? See Details.

Postby Jethro » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:18 pm

Jethro

In The United Kingdom Is Self Defense Lawful? If So, What Is Allowed As A Means Of Defense? See Details.

Postby Jayden » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:21 am

Jayden

Postby Barton » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:05 am

I totally agree! In the United States, rocket launchers are forbidden. I am in peril every day of criminals with rocket launchers, and I'm not allowed to defend myself with a rocket launcher of my own. I'm expected to comply helplessly when a rocket launcher is stuck in my face.Remember: a rocket-launcher-armed society is a polite society.
Barton

Postby culley96 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:25 am

Almost not. I have read of folks using self defense and being prosecuted for that succeeding against the criminal. Thus, what is "allowed" would be up to a collection of people: police officer, prosecutor, judge, etc. Thus, it'd be unanswerable until one actually defended oneself and waited to see what happened. Scary, huh? Not for no reason is the U.K. being called "The Nanny State." danielpauldavis 50 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
culley96

Postby bernd » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:36 am

PamPerdue said: 3 Or, alternatively, for those not interested in sarcasm:All societies, including ours, place limits on our access to arms. The ones that don't include places like Somalia, an well-armed and very impolite society.You can draw the line in a lot of different places, and the complexity of society makes it difficult to compare the experiments done in different countries. There's data to both support and contradict the notion that the UK would be safer with laxer gun laws. For all I know the UK would be safest if everybody had a bazooka.But it's simply absurd and insulting to suggest that the British don't care or expect victims to ignore crime. They have their own solutions to the problems, some of which work, some of which don't. Oversimplifying the problem to ideology accomplishes nothing. 50 months ago
bernd

Postby Ranier » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:33 am

Renrul26 replied to post #1: 2 Pam, could you please site a link showing where in America there has been a criminal use of rocket launchers?Seriously, I asked this question on another DB and never got a straight answer. I don't know what the big deal is about not answering. I have heard that self defense is illegal, but that doesn't seem reasonable to me. So what are the exact laws and how are they carried out? 50 months ago
Ranier

Postby DavidBeckham » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:35 pm

I have read of folks using self defense and being prosecuted for that succeeding against the criminal. Thus, what is "allowed" would be up to a collection of people: police officer, prosecutor, judge, etc. Thus, it'd be unanswerable until one actually defended oneself and waited to see what happened. Scary, huh? Not for no reason is the U.K. being called "The Nanny State."
DavidBeckham

Postby Tobyn » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:19 pm

PamPerdue said: 1 I totally agree! In the United States, rocket launchers are forbidden. I am in peril every day of criminals with rocket launchers, and I'm not allowed to defend myself with a rocket launcher of my own. I'm expected to comply helplessly when a rocket launcher is stuck in my face.Remember: a rocket-launcher-armed society is a polite society. 50 months ago
Tobyn

Next

Return to Criminal Law