Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Why isn't george zimmerman going to jail?

Family Law Discussion Forum

Postby eddis » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:46 am

they say it's this law that says if you feel offended (or something like that) you have the right to defend yourself but how do you feel offended from a 17 yr old with skittles and tea who is screaming help for somebody to save him from this cruel man and on top of that he used racial slur so it is a race thing too I mean Florida are you serious come on I wanted to go to Orlando but I dont know if I can even cross the state border to Florida I am very angry george zimmerman is not going jail this is just sad I'm cry every time I think about it

R.I.P. Trayvon Martin
:,( You and your family will be in my prayers.
eddis

Postby chason62 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:52 am

This is insane, isn't it? To me it says, 'Kill anybody you want as long as they're black'
chason62

Postby condan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:58 am

Because the only victim was a young black male and his family
condan

Postby tahmelapachme33 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:03 am

This is America sadly as it is.I posted eariler. i wonder what the reaction would be if Trevor Martin had been white and if the shooter were black.I am sure the shooter would be behind bars by now.I just feel bad for his family. i would like to see justice done, but like i stated before this is America.
tahmelapachme33

Postby wakeley58 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:06 am

It is exstreamly sad what has happen to Treyvon. It's wrong and unlawful that Zimmerman hasn't been arrested. It's sad to see the lack of justice for African Americans now a days. However, I doubt that he won't be arrested there are to many angry people and reborn memories of similar cases for him not to go to jail. The man did kill the boy in an act of stereyotypical beliefs. The law does not protect him because instead of taking him self out of "danger" he provoked the situation and made himself the threatener and Treyvon the victim. He ran after they boy and shot him. There was NO self defense and Zimmerman WILL pay!
wakeley58

Postby charlot22 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:12 am

If the Second Amendment states that you have the right to bear arms, surely - the right to fire arms is implicit in that right. Otherwise it would be like putting a clause in the constitution which affirmed people's right to own a car - but not to drive it down the street.

It is implicit within the law and cannot be challenged. If the constitution is to be broken apart at the whim of an administration, then legitimate government will cease to exist. A contract made with any party, including and especially the Nation, is wholly void if any part is void, and such an interference would remove any onus from a citizen to observe any law or regulation depending for its validity on the Constitution of the United States of America.
charlot22

Postby juanito » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:15 am

If the Second Amendment states that you have the right to bear arms, surely - the right to fire arms is implicit in that right. Otherwise it would be like putting a clause in the constitution which affirmed people's right to own a car - but not to drive it down the street.

It is implicit within the law and cannot be challenged. If the constitution is to be broken apart at the whim of an administration, then legitimate government will cease to exist. A contract made with any party, including and especially the Nation, is wholly void if any part is void, and such an interference would remove any onus from a citizen to observe any law or regulation depending for its validity on the Constitution of the United States of America.
It is very sad it is even sadder reading some of the hateful and cruel things people are saying on Yahoo Answers alone!
juanito

Postby kienan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:19 am

If and when George Zimmerman is found to be at fault or in violation of the Stand Your Ground law he will be arrested. The cops know where he's at and they can snag him up any time they determine his arrest is warranted.

Until then everybody needs to quit getting their knickers in a twist and let the law take its course.
kienan

Return to Family Law