Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Why do people break the law?

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Postby ayize » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:36 pm

I know that there is no theory explains why people do it. I am not asking to explain most or all criminal behavior or the explanation of criminal behavior just to identify what is your opionion the best explanation. I'm just curious to what people think. I am doing a survey so please answer.
ayize

Postby kirklin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:39 pm

The most common reason that people break the law is to increase there capital, which means to attain more financial assets through theft and other means.

Other reasons are out of emotions like fear, hate, anger, sadness etc like if a man catches his wife cheating on him or if a father runs into the man who raped his daughter.

Lastly, some people break the law just for the thrill of it without seeking capital or out of emotions.
kirklin

Postby wahchintonka48 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Some people break the law out of necessity, however most of the people who commit the worse crimes I deal with on a regular basis break the law because they want something and don't really care who they hurt in the process.
wahchintonka48

Postby arne33 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Well people have needs, if needs are not satisfied, the get stronger and stronger, until something is done to satisfy it. Why does a person rob a store, dude needs money. I believe everything can be traced back to a specific drive
arne33

Postby unss94 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Depends on what law you're talking about. Most "criminals " are simply pot users that get harrassed by cops just so they can get there easy bust on
unss94

Postby achimelech51 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Depends on what law you're talking about. Most "criminals " are simply pot users that get harrassed by cops just so they can get there easy bust on
Because weed is illegal despite being awesome.
achimelech51

Return to Defamation Law