Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

White Horses W/blue Eyes

Discussions relating to Personal Injury Law

White Horses W/blue Eyes

Postby Carmi » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Can you please tell me, what is a white horse with blue eyes called?    I know an albino has red eyes...someone told me there is a specific name for the white, blue-eyed horse.

Thanks
Carmi

White Horses W/blue Eyes

Postby arley » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:55 pm

Can you please tell me, what is a white horse with blue eyes called?    I know an albino has red eyes...someone told me there is a specific name for the white, blue-eyed horse.

Thanks
arley

White Horses W/blue Eyes

Postby Benoni » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:13 am

A truly white horse is born white and remains white. White horses have a solid, snowy white coat, pink skin, and brown or occasionally blue eyes. Albino horses are considered to be extremely rare and some even question the fact of the true albino horse existence. Crèmes, like a white horse, have pink skin and usually blue eyes.  Crèmes have two coat variations: Cremello, like a white horse he/she has pink skin, with blue eyes, but a cream colored coat with a white mane and tail and Perlino which has pink skin, blue eyes, cream body with a red tint to the points. Most "white horses" are actually light grey.

True "white" horses, especially those that carry the White or "W" gene, are rare. The "W" gene is neither a dilution gene nor a graying gene. It is a dominant gene, and thus statistically, a heterozygous white horse(Ww) bred to a horse of any other color will produce white offspring 50% of the time. Most horses that are commonly referred to as "white" are actually grey horses whose hair coats are completely white. Grey horses are often mistakenly called "white." However, the most noticeable difference between a gray horse whose hair coat is completely white and a white horse is skin color: gray horses have black skin and dark eyes, white horses have pink skin, and most have blue eyes.(Some gray horses may have pink skin under white markings, which, if they had a dark color coat, are visible while the horse still shows its base color.

When a horse has blue eyes(sometimes they have one dark and one blue eye) it is called a 'watch eye' or being 'watch eyed'. Thanks for the opportunity to answer your question.

Leah
Benoni

Return to Personal Injury Law