Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Research Law Professors Before Choosing Law Schools

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

What's the legal term for being held against your will?

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Postby teyrnon72 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:52 am

Not kidnapping or false imprisonment. There's another term for it and I cant think of it.

Ok...basically, here's what happened. My daughter's friend slept over last night. We went swimming, watched a movie, crashed out, and today we just ran some errands and went to an amusement park. So after she went home, her mother called me freaking out and the girl was crying hysterically in the background and she claimed that last night, she and my daughter were dragged into a car with by some guys and they couldn't get out because of child safety locks, then they were forced to do cocaine and that she was raped, and her mother got the police involved. Insane, right?

So as far as her supposedly being trapped in a car, what would that be called?
teyrnon72

Postby darvell » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:53 am

unlawful restraint maybe? that chick has issues.
darvell

Postby barnett » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:00 am

If that isn't kidnapping, or abduction what is? Being taken somewhere against your will and held there... being imprisoned and assaulted (you missed the bit about how they supposedly got away and came back home and quietly put themselves to bed and woke up without any injuries). OK it is fairly obvious this girl is delusional and her mother quite mad but right now I am assuming you are telling a story rather than taking this seriously.
barnett

Postby drystan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:04 am

I think you better tell you daughter to get another friend. That girl has got some issues!!!! I think it is called unlawful restraint as far as being in the car and could not get out.

All joking aside, you had better get this straight with the police by letting them know from your daughter that none of those things happened. She will be charged with filing a false police report.
drystan

Postby cumhea » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:13 am

The legal term is called unlawful confinement.This girl has a wild imagination.If police are called and its found that this girl is lying she will be in trouble for filing a false report to the police.
cumhea

Postby croslea » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:15 am

The crime you described IS called "kidnapping".

But since based on what you said it never happened, it is also called a "hallucination", most likely brought on by illicit drug use
croslea

Postby jerrick » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:22 am

I think it is either being carjacked or being held hostage in a trapped motor vehicle.
jerrick

Postby jolie95 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:31 am

held against there will.
jolie95

Postby lorimar » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:48 am

Wrongful imprisonment.
lorimar

Return to Defamation Law