Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Research Law Professors Before Choosing Law Schools

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

What master degree could I get with a BA in Criminal Justice?

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

Postby trucker » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:42 am

I am in my first year of criminal justice bachelor degree program. Going into the course, I only wanted to get my bachelors, and then become a police or corrections officer. However, after competing my first semester, I've decided I want to go my masters in something. However, Im not sure what masters one can get with a BA in criminal justice. Almost all of my classmates that plan on getting a M.A are going into law, which I do not want to do. I was thinking social work, but do I need to have a BA in social work in order to get an MA? Another thing would be Animal Science.... As I am progressing, I think I might be losing interest in being a police officer as my interests seem to be changing to social worker or parole officer......

What Master degrees can you go into if you have a bachelors in Criminal Justice?
trucker

Postby plys » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:55 am

In the U.S., you can get into a MSW program with an unrelated undergraduate degree. It is typically a two year Masters program. If you decide to change your undergraduate major and get your Bachelors degree in Social Work, you can get your MSW in one year if accepted into an accelerated MSW program.

The key in what to get your Masters degree in........is what you want to actually do for a career.
plys

Return to Criminal Law