Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

What Happens When The At-fault Person Fails To Respond To The Insurance Carrier (auto) After Victim Files A Claim?

Been the victim of Legal Malpractice? Discuss it here.

What Happens When The At-fault Person Fails To Respond To The Insurance Carrier (auto) After Victim Files A Claim?

Postby Brennen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:21 pm

Someone backed into my car on the side when she was backing out from her parking space. So obviously it's her fault. I filed a claim with her insurance carrier. Insurance needs to verify incident with her, but she hasn't responded so far(1 week). My question is, what happens if she ignores the insurance company and just never returns their calls?
Brennen

Postby Diego » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:03 am

shaelyn said: 2 Depending on your insurance, you can file a claim with them and they will then sue to collect from her. 76 months ago
Diego

Postby Wymer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:01 am

Then they should still pay the claim, and would probably drop her as a customer. She has a given time period in which to reply, however--based upon her particular company's policies.
Wymer

Postby Dyfed » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:51 am

Depending on your insurance, you can file a claim with them and they will then sue to collect from her.
Dyfed

Postby Aymer » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:59 pm

My opinion is, you should probably file a claim with your own company if it is not too late. Whenever there is enough damage that the car will go into a shop to fix it, I call my insurance, and the police.  The police call is only to register it in their log in case you have to have proof that it happened. Calling your insurance company is to get their support in going after the other insurance company. There are books - maybe even at the library - about how to get the other company to pay your claim. Good luck, it can be difficult, and make you feel like giving up. The other driver will undoubtably claim she did not run into you.  Proving otherwise may end up being more costly than repairs. Sources: Personal experiences   Durfe's Recommendations "Secrets" of settling auto insurance claims--on your own Auto Injury Insurance Claims: Countrywide Patterns in Treatment, Cost, and Compensation Durfe 76 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Aymer

Postby Konstanz » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:02 am

Your insurance carrier will negotiate with her insurance carrier and her unresponsivness will act in your favor.  I have had this happen... even the person telling their insurance carrier that the accident never happened! 
Konstanz

Postby Chayne » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:02 pm

Whenever there is enough damage that the car will go into a shop to fix it, I call my insurance, and the police.  The police call is only to register it in their log in case you have to have proof that it happened. Calling your insurance company is to get their support in going after the other insurance company. There are books - maybe even at the library - about how to get the other company to pay your claim. Good luck, it can be difficult, and make you feel like giving up. The other driver will undoubtably claim she did not run into you.  Proving otherwise may end up being more costly than repairs.
Chayne

Postby Stilleman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:18 pm

Will work in your favor Your insurance carrier will negotiate with her insurance carrier and her unresponsivness will act in your favor.  I have had this happen... even the person telling their insurance carrier that the accident never happened!  JayD 76 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
Stilleman

Postby Ravid » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:42 pm

Predator said: 1 Then they should still pay the claim, and would probably drop her as a customer. She has a given time period in which to reply, however--based upon her particular company's policies. 76 months ago
Ravid

Postby gilleabart » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:14 am

Well, It sucks, but... When this happens, you are forced to file through your insurance if you want your car fixed. What they do in almost every state(double-check with your insurance company) they reduce your deductible to $100.00 and you take it to their shop and you pay them 100.00 and they fix your car through your own insurance.   This just happened to me. I live in WA. state. I had to file through my insurance because my insurance company after about 2 weeks called me and told me they were closing the case on her and I would have to pay the reduced deductible to get my car fixed.   It sucks, but it is better than paying the full auto-body bill or your normal deductible. :)   Sorry your car got hit. :(Rebel_Child 76 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
gilleabart

Next

Return to Legal Malpractice