Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

What Happens When The At-fault Person Fails To Respond To The Insurance Carrier (auto) After Victim Files A Claim?

Been the victim of Legal Malpractice? Discuss it here.

What Happens When The At-fault Person Fails To Respond To The Insurance Carrier (auto) After Victim Files A Claim?

Postby gilleabart » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:14 am

Well, It sucks, but... When this happens, you are forced to file through your insurance if you want your car fixed. What they do in almost every state(double-check with your insurance company) they reduce your deductible to $100.00 and you take it to their shop and you pay them 100.00 and they fix your car through your own insurance.   This just happened to me. I live in WA. state. I had to file through my insurance because my insurance company after about 2 weeks called me and told me they were closing the case on her and I would have to pay the reduced deductible to get my car fixed.   It sucks, but it is better than paying the full auto-body bill or your normal deductible. :)   Sorry your car got hit. :(Rebel_Child 76 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
gilleabart

Postby Macario » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:20 pm

When this happens, you are forced to file through your insurance if you want your car fixed. What they do in almost every state(double-check with your insurance company) they reduce your deductible to $100.00 and you take it to their shop and you pay them 100.00 and they fix your car through your own insurance.   This just happened to me. I live in WA. state. I had to file through my insurance because my insurance company after about 2 weeks called me and told me they were closing the case on her and I would have to pay the reduced deductible to get my car fixed.   It sucks, but it is better than paying the full auto-body bill or your normal deductible. :)   Sorry your car got hit. :(
Macario

Previous

Return to Legal Malpractice