Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

We Often Hear The Customer Service Robot Tell Us "this Call May Be Recorded For Training Or Quality Control." So...

Been the victim of Legal Malpractice? Discuss it here.

We Often Hear The Customer Service Robot Tell Us "this Call May Be Recorded For Training Or Quality Control." So...

Postby Arkwright » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:04 pm

When the party you're calling has a recorded message that "....this call may be recorded..." you must object or your silence becomes "implied consent". The fact that you are recording too is not implied consent. Your silence is implied consent. I think, then, if you "consent with your silence" then both parties may record.
Arkwright

Postby Elhanan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:41 am

I'd say anything you say over your own phone, you're entitled to record. The last time I heard the statement that the call may be recorded, it was when I called HP. I thought "I hope you DO record this!" Especially after me asking this Indian operator TWICE to transfer me to someone I could understand. I wish they'd review that one! I was mad when I called in the first place, but I was livid by the time I hung up.
Elhanan

Previous

Return to Legal Malpractice