Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Voilation Of My Probation

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

Postby Addney » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:46 am

i was placed on probation on april 13, 2006 for poss of cocain , i took the first time offender act, and was sentenced to 3 years probation, i was just arrested in cobb county ga. the same county again this time fir mistimenter shop lifting, i served 17 days at the adult detention center and pled guilty and was released for time served, no probation set free, but i voilated my probation and now i have to turn myself in because there is a warrent for my arrest for the voilation, this is my first voilation, my probation officer said i would get a court date right when i turn myself in and i will go in front of A jail judge, it will take 2 weeks, and she will recomend 6 months, meaning i will have to serve 3 monts in the detention center, for fist time voilation? isnt it suppose to be 30 days for voilation? will they consider that i was released on time served? for the shop lifting? what will happen to me?
Addney

Postby Gerred » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Krista:

first off, it doesnt really matter why you violated your probation, the issue is that you violated it by being arrested and convicted for a subsequent crime.  The judge has the discretion to sentence you on a violation for up to the entire term of your probation. I strongly urge you to get a private attorney immediately.
Gerred

Postby Esmund » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:46 pm

i was placed on probation on april 13, 2006 for poss of cocain , i took the first time offender act, and was sentenced to 3 years probation, i was just arrested in cobb county ga. the same county again this time fir mistimenter shop lifting, i served 17 days at the adult detention center and pled guilty and was released for time served, no probation set free, but i voilated my probation and now i have to turn myself in because there is a warrent for my arrest for the voilation, this is my first voilation, my probation officer said i would get a court date right when i turn myself in and i will go in front of A jail judge, it will take 2 weeks, and she will recomend 6 months, meaning i will have to serve 3 monts in the detention center, for fist time voilation? isnt it suppose to be 30 days for voilation? will they consider that i was released on time served? for the shop lifting? what will happen to me?
Esmund

Return to Criminal Law