Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Violation Of Privacy

Discuss anything relating to Consumer Law

Violation Of Privacy

Postby Nosh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:59 pm

I have never heard of this company, never called or solicited them for any services. The former homeowner, whose home i am buying sold the paperwork to them without telling us.We have copies of paperwork for the home, that was provided to us by former owners before they sold note. My personal info and that of my husband was not listed anywhere. Yet, when I got my free credit report, found out this lender obtained my credit report and are permanently listed on our credit reports as being thier customers & that we have a loan with them.They show up on our report stating that we are "satisfactory"customers. How can they get away with this? They never got our permission or asked us for our personal info, they already had it and obtained it illegally. An atty said this was illegal, the social security office & credit agencies said they needed to obtain our information from us before they can do this history check on us. They even looked at our homeowners policy with asking. What can we do about this? They have no leg to stand on because there is no contract. Help! Any info would be greatly appreciated. Where can I get background info on this lender?
Nosh

Violation Of Privacy

Postby Renzo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Hello Mary,

No company has the right to place an inquiry on your credit report without your authorization.  

There are two approaches you can take, 1. I would suggest you contact the lender and discover who is the manager, or whomever is in the position to make a decision and inform them that your privacy rights have been violated and demand a letter stating their inquiring should be removed from your credit report.

2. In addition to doing the above action, write a letter to all three credit bureaus stating you did not authorize such inquiry and have it remove immediately.

Who is the lender?
Renzo

Violation Of Privacy

Postby Daley » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:46 am

I have never heard of this company, never called or solicited them for any services. The former homeowner, whose home i am buying sold the paperwork to them without telling us.We have copies of paperwork for the home, that was provided to us by former owners before they sold note. My personal info and that of my husband was not listed anywhere. Yet, when I got my free credit report, found out this lender obtained my credit report and are permanently listed on our credit reports as being thier customers & that we have a loan with them.They show up on our report stating that we are "satisfactory"customers. How can they get away with this? They never got our permission or asked us for our personal info, they already had it and obtained it illegally. An atty said this was illegal, the social security office & credit agencies said they needed to obtain our information from us before they can do this history check on us. They even looked at our homeowners policy with asking. What can we do about this? They have no leg to stand on because there is no contract. Help! Any info would be greatly appreciated. Where can I get background info on this lender?
Daley

Return to Consumer Law