Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Verbally Abusive Neighbor

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

Postby Duval » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:39 pm

My neighbor is a 62 year old female-alcoholic. SHe has on more than one occasion attacked me verbally outside--on the sidewalk in front of our houses(we live in a condominium development).  She has used profoundly foul language, called me Bi_, referred to my pet as an F-ing dog.  I have filed a police report on her once already and should have done that again on Sept. 15, 2011.  She launched another episode of verbally abusive language at me--outside--I do have three witnesses to the most recent encounter.  I have reason to believe she had been drinking but now, three days later she continues to spread lies throughout the neighborhood about me and also refers to me to others as "The BITCH."  I have not and did not reply to her using  any foul language--that is not my style--actually I did not even say a word.  She is evil--I have tried to be Christian towards her but now I am ready to take legal action.  What course of action do you recommend?  She has three other neighbors on her side(nothing like going back to clicky high school as an adult); I want her to stay away from me and to not be permitted to harass me or my dog.
Duval

Postby Durwin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:42 am

Maria-

Make sure you keep a record with the local police. Public drunkness and abusive language are citable offense. You might also try video/audo recording one of her tirades.

We suggest you pursue a "restraining order" from the court to compel her to stay away from you and your property.

The MPM Group, Inc.
Durwin

Postby Clarke » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:16 am

My neighbor is a 62 year old female-alcoholic. SHe has on more than one occasion attacked me verbally outside--on the sidewalk in front of our houses(we live in a condominium development).  She has used profoundly foul language, called me Bi_, referred to my pet as an F-ing dog.  I have filed a police report on her once already and should have done that again on Sept. 15, 2011.  She launched another episode of verbally abusive language at me--outside--I do have three witnesses to the most recent encounter.  I have reason to believe she had been drinking but now, three days later she continues to spread lies throughout the neighborhood about me and also refers to me to others as "The BITCH."  I have not and did not reply to her using  any foul language--that is not my style--actually I did not even say a word.  She is evil--I have tried to be Christian towards her but now I am ready to take legal action.  What course of action do you recommend?  She has three other neighbors on her side(nothing like going back to clicky high school as an adult); I want her to stay away from me and to not be permitted to harass me or my dog.
Clarke

Return to Criminal Law