Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Unfair Treatment By Employer

Discuss Labor Laws

Postby Brodrig » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:38 pm

hi my 20 year old son works at a quiznos subs sanwich shop in azusa ca. as a part time employee he has attention deficit disorder  and he is supposed to be a part time employee the employer who is the manager was working him 8 hrs a day 6-7 days a week and was insisting on paying him as if he were only working part time and paying him cash for the rest of the time..he also has people on the payroll who are not employees there like his wife who gets a check every pay period but does not work there.. and he also insists on the employees using half of the amounts of food on the prepared product so that the customers are actually getting less then the are paying for , he keeps the tips that are given for the workers  he also takes my son off the schedule for weeks at a time when he gets angry at him for anything he also gave a very negative  recomendation to a perspective employer regarding my son when he put this job down as a reference to call for another job he will not actually terminate my son because he doesnt want to pay the unemployment benefits for my son because he has been there long enough to qualify and he also makes the employees make use of "spoiled food" that has evebn had maggots in it to prepare food for the customers there are many other despicable practices this man has done and I would llike to know what can my son do about this.??
Brodrig

Postby Tarrin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:11 am

hi my 20 year old son works at a quiznos subs sanwich shop in azusa ca. as a part time employee he has attention deficit disorder  and he is supposed to be a part time employee the employer who is the manager was working him 8 hrs a day 6-7 days a week and was insisting on paying him as if he were only working part time and paying him cash for the rest of the time..he also has people on the payroll who are not employees there like his wife who gets a check every pay period but does not work there.. and he also insists on the employees using half of the amounts of food on the prepared product so that the customers are actually getting less then the are paying for , he keeps the tips that are given for the workers  he also takes my son off the schedule for weeks at a time when he gets angry at him for anything he also gave a very negative  recomendation to a perspective employer regarding my son when he put this job down as a reference to call for another job he will not actually terminate my son because he doesnt want to pay the unemployment benefits for my son because he has been there long enough to qualify and he also makes the employees make use of "spoiled food" that has evebn had maggots in it to prepare food for the customers there are many other despicable practices this man has done and I would llike to know what can my son do about this.??
Tarrin

Postby Destin » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:53 am

Your son should be paid as a full time employee if he is working full time and not partly in cash. That is wrong. He also could put in a claim for discrimination against the disabled as he has ADD and the manager is treating him unfairly by getting angry and giving negative recommendations. He is not allowed to keep the tips for the employees. For those offenses you would call the California Department of Industrial Relations.http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/dlse.html

On the right hand side of this page is a menu. You can file a wage claim or a discrimination claim. You might want to just call them and talk to them and see what kind of claim should be filed.

The health department should be called to report the spoiled food that is being prepared for the customers. Here is the Health Department Web site where you can report a restaurant problem via email.

https://admin.publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/complaints/phcomp.cfm

The Quizno's corporate office should be contacted about the employees being paid on staff and the short food and spoiled food service to the customers and also the treatment of your son and other employees.http://www.quiznos.com/contact.asp

The corporate office for Quizno's is in Denver Colorado. I am sure they do not know what is going on in this store.

There is a toll free # to call if you need to contact the company they do have an 800 number. Its 1-800-deli-subs. It is required to posted at every store.Telephone: +1(800) 335-4782

You can also call the direct main number and go directly to the receptionist. Here is the number: 303-837-9096

I think for headquarters I would write a letter describing everything just as you did here which was a great job and send it to the Corporate office in Colorado.

Shirley  
Destin

Return to Labor Laws