Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Uncooked Beef Franks

Discuss anything relating to Consumer Law

Uncooked Beef Franks

Postby Nikiti » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:24 pm

Is it safe to eat uncooked beef franks?

ANSWER: Beef franks are precooked when you buy them. They are safe to eat raw but the manufacturer intends for you to cook them. I would not eat them raw. ---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

So in other words, they are safe to eat, but you personally don't like them that way. Is that correct?
Nikiti

Uncooked Beef Franks

Postby Marlyssa » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:02 pm

Is it safe to eat uncooked beef franks?

ANSWER: Beef franks are precooked when you buy them. They are safe to eat raw but the manufacturer intends for you to cook them. I would not eat them raw. ---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

So in other words, they are safe to eat, but you personally don't like them that way. Is that correct?
Marlyssa

Uncooked Beef Franks

Postby ezri » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:26 am

They are safe to eat but I don't consume food in a way the manufacture did not intend. In the case of hot dogs there is a pathogen contamination potential at the processors after the cook step. Processors go to great lengths to minimize this risk. Why not just cook the hot dogs to be sure and if you like them cold refrigerate them after you cook them. I spoke to a hot dog processor about this. He said, "our intention is for the consumer to cook the hot dogs before they eat them."
ezri

Return to Consumer Law