Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Research Law Professors Before Choosing Law Schools

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Trespassing what are my rights against trespassers?

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Postby scirwode » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:46 am

I rent a house through a letting agent it has 2 car parking spaces which are part of the boundaries of the property confirmed by the landlord.

One of my neighbours see's fit to park there as and when he pleases and doesnt move it when asked.

What are my options?

I would like to take him through a small claims court and have court injunction put against the cars owner but can I do this as I'm the tenant, or would this have to be done by my landlord?

Any other advice would be appreciated, I've already heard the the old 'drag his car into the road' and 'smear dog pooh under his car door handles' remember I have to live here so don't bother putting those types of suggestions up.... (unless there really funny!)

Thanks

Joe
scirwode

Postby boyce » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:48 am

speak to your landlord and see what he says/suggests
boyce

Postby choviohoya » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:55 am

...speak to your Landlord
choviohoya

Postby slaine » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:01 am

...speak to your Landlord
park you car right behind his sort of block it in
slaine

Postby troyes » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:15 am

Can you fit a padlocked post or chain to block the parking spaces when you are not using them - check with your landlord: it might be something they would be willing to do. You could complain to them that you don't have the use of what you are paying rent for, and if they can't find a way to protect your right to the parking you should ask for the rent to be reduced to compensate for that.
troyes

Postby chason58 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:22 am

Get in writing from landlord the parking spot is for your exclusive use then have the neighbors car towed. He won't want to pay towing and impound fees many times. Also the police may handle if asked politely.

Good Luck!
chason58

Postby naseem » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:28 am

if the spot is yours, have him towed. then ask the landlord to post a tow notice for future issues.
naseem

Return to Defamation Law