Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Transportation Of Deceased Relative

Discuss anything relating to Consumer Law

Postby Stedman » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:57 am

What are the laws and regulations on transporting deceased relatives?  My Dad wants to know if he can transport his wife when the time comes from California to Oregon and what methods are allowed.  Can he transport her by personal vehicle and if so what does he need to know and what forms or permits does he need to obtain prepared?

Thank you.
Stedman

Postby Hand » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:25 am

E-mail me directly and I'll send you the CA chapter from my book that's now out of print. He will need to file the death certificate--tricky--to get the permit for disposition. But, yes, he can transport the body himself in a personal vehicle. Oregon will honor CA permits. If it is a for-profit cemetery where she will be buried, they may require a vault or graveliner. If they don't sell them, he may have to go through a funeral director to get one. Not required by law, but many cemeteries do. My e-mail is [email protected]
Hand

Postby Walby » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:12 am

What are the laws and regulations on transporting deceased relatives?  My Dad wants to know if he can transport his wife when the time comes from California to Oregon and what methods are allowed.  Can he transport her by personal vehicle and if so what does he need to know and what forms or permits does he need to obtain prepared?

Thank you.
Walby

Return to Consumer Law