Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Traffic Violation

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Traffic Violation

Postby DevIyn » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi I have a question. I have 2 traffic violation : one is careless driving and the other one is ran stop sign. I am a F1 student currently studing in University of Arkansas and I am going back to take an interview for immigration visa as a derivative benifitiary.Will the officer deny my visa based on these 2 traffic violation record? what shall I do?

I'll appreciate if you can answer my question . Thank you so much

Nick
DevIyn

Traffic Violation

Postby Gosheven » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:30 am

Hi I have a question. I have 2 traffic violation : one is careless driving and the other one is ran stop sign. I am a F1 student currently studing in University of Arkansas and I am going back to take an interview for immigration visa as a derivative benifitiary.Will the officer deny my visa based on these 2 traffic violation record? what shall I do?

I'll appreciate if you can answer my question . Thank you so much

Nick
Gosheven

Traffic Violation

Postby Tancred » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:31 am

Hi Nick,

Normally, traffic violations are considered petty offenses.  However, depending on what part of the State driving statute your violated, immigration can view it as more egregious, and possibly prevent your adjustment of status.

Each state creates different immigration consequences of convictions like careless driving, etc.  You should check with a local practitioner to see whether the offenses you list above will cause any problems at your adjustment interview.

Good luck.

Eileen Chun-Fruto

www.fongandchun.com

www.immigrationvisaattorneyblog.com
Tancred

Return to Traffic Law