Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Traffic citation + nontraffic citation in same night I have no idea what to do?

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Postby darik » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:07 pm

I live in PA, I got caught with a weed pipe after i picked up weed from a dealer. The cop pulled me over and wrote me a complete BS traffic ticket for reckless driving (I did a U-turn in the dead end of a street)and another ticket for the marijuana paraphernalia. He did not find the weed that I told him was in the car. The crime code that it says on the non traffic citation is 5503 a4 and it has a charge for 23.50 on it, under JCP/ATJ/CJEA. It doesn't say the total amount due on the non traffic citation. I can't make a court date because I go to college and don't want my parents to find out. I have already got a speeding ticket once, but got the points taken off. Would there be any other consequences if I pleaded guilty and sent in the citation with the money? Is my insurance going to go up?
darik

Postby muireach » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:17 pm

inslowcost.01lx.net - compare how the insurance rates would change for your case. You can easily check it online.
muireach

Postby lintun » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:25 pm

There should be a phone number you could call to speak with someone at the police department or just look up the number in the phone book. Ask someone if you can send in or personally pay the money as there is no indication on the ticket as to how much you owe. You will need to give them the id of the ticket so they can look at it and determine what you owe. The main point is to pay the ticket and get back to studying as you don't need the distraction of the ticket to take you from your studies. The cop did you a favor as he could have been harsher on you. 'Next time you may not be so lucky and your parents will then find out. This time I don't think your parents will find out. This may be your last chance to not get in trouble and the next time you will pay more of a fine and you will get in trouble with your parents. It's your choice and you will suffer the consequences of your actions.
lintun

Return to Traffic Law