Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Trademark, Copyright Advise Sought

Patents & Trademarks Discussion Forum

Postby Larz » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:46 am

Hello,

I am planning a series of printed artwork. Lets say its about Chevrolet cars... The artwork will be original, and custom illustrated. : Do I need to use the "©" after 'Chevrolet' or 'Camaro' ?

Can I use one of there corporate slogan or trademark such as: 'Heartbeat Of America' or the Chevrolet bowtie symbol? Would it make it alright if I put the "®" after it? and a statement at the bottom to the effect that its their registered trademark?

Thanks in advance!
Larz

Postby Codey » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:56 pm

Hello,

I am planning a series of printed artwork. Lets say its about Chevrolet cars... The artwork will be original, and custom illustrated. : Do I need to use the "©" after 'Chevrolet' or 'Camaro' ?

Can I use one of there corporate slogan or trademark such as: 'Heartbeat Of America' or the Chevrolet bowtie symbol? Would it make it alright if I put the "®" after it? and a statement at the bottom to the effect that its their registered trademark?

Thanks in advance!
Codey

Postby Maximiliano » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Hi there!

If you are wanting to use another party's trademark on your own private goods, you'll more than likely have to obtain licensing rights to do so. This can only happen, of course, if the company allows it. I recommend contacting a trademark attorney and/or the licensing departments of the companies of interest.

Although you'd use the ® symbol, you're still essentially making a profit off of and/or using another's registered marks. Hope that helps! Best of luck to you!

Warmest regards,

Shannon Moore

TradeMark Expresshttp://www.tmexpress.comhttp://tmexpress.blogspot.com
Maximiliano

Return to Patents & Trademarks