Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Towing An Enclosed Trailer Behind My Rv

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Postby Pernell » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi Richard,

I have a 2002 F350, dually, 4x4 pick-up. With it I am planning to tow my RV(34'). But I need to tow my enclosed trailer(5'x8') behind my RV. Can I legally do that without incurring in traffic law violation? I reside in CA but plan to travel all over the states due to my work.

Please reply to my email [email protected] the more thoroughly possible.

Regards,

Miguel
Pernell

Postby Webber » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:57 am

while this is really out of my area of expertise, I have a link which deals with towing laws http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

One thing to keep in mind is that the pickup has a specified towing capacity and your RV might be at the rate or close to it. Adding the small trailer might push it over the limits and cause more problems with your trucks, handling, performance, braking, and not to forget SAFETY...

2 trailers do tend to wiggle a bit and the resulting whip effect might cause loss of control while driving.  
Webber

Postby Luiginw » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:28 am

Hi Richard,

I have a 2002 F350, dually, 4x4 pick-up. With it I am planning to tow my RV(34'). But I need to tow my enclosed trailer(5'x8') behind my RV. Can I legally do that without incurring in traffic law violation? I reside in CA but plan to travel all over the states due to my work.

Please reply to my email [email protected] the more thoroughly possible.

Regards,

Miguel
Luiginw

Return to Traffic Law