Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Tips for Achieving an Amicable Divorce

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Think i ran a red light, will i get a ticket?

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Postby jan46 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:03 am

so basically i am quite a new driver, only having passed my test a few months ago, i know its no excuse, but i was driving through croydon which is not near where i live so was concentrating on directions and which lane i was a meant to be in and things like that. i think i ran a red light through a crossroads. i have looked on google maps and there is a little sign saying traffic light cameras on two sets of the lights on the cross roads. i went straight up the road and the signs are on the other road, crossing the one i was on. i cant see any signs saying traffic light cameras on the road i was on. if anyone understands what i just wrote you are very clever :P
this was last saturday that it happened and i have been stressing so much about it, i think i will have got a ticket, how long will it take to come through the post?
jan46

Postby oz » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:04 am

If there were any cop cars around, you could have gotten one. Be careful! And if there were street cameras, they are capable of snapping a photo of your liscense plate and tracking you down. I doubt you'll get in trouble but pay a bit more attention next time :)
oz

Postby broehain61 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:09 am

it takes about a week maby two tops but if you still havent redevied one you should be fine
broehain61

Postby albanwr26 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:14 am

you will be takin away by the fbi and forced to listen to justin beiber sing.... FOREVER, FOREVER, FOREVER.
albanwr26

Postby nann » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:17 am

IF THERE AINT NO FLASH THERE AINT NO GOD DAMN FINE!!!
nann

Postby baigh75 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:23 am

IF THERE AINT NO FLASH THERE AINT NO GOD DAMN FINE!!!
Not all cameras flash - the Tuvelo systems use IR light and can capture an image day or night without flash.
If a traffic light camera did capture you then you should hear about it very quickly. The police/council has to issue a Notice of Intended Prosecution within 14 days of the offence, to establish who was driving the vehicle at the time. If they miss that deadline then you can't be prosecuted, so if you've not heard anything within a fortnight you're in the clear.
baigh75

Postby brenn15 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:28 am

Maybe
brenn15

Return to Traffic Law