Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Texas Laws

Discuss Labor Laws

Texas Laws

Postby Marcello » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:28 pm

I am a Nurse Practitioner in Texas. My contract says I am to give 60 days notice when resigning. Anyway I can Get out of it? Other providers have left with only 30 days notice!

They are not consistent with the contract. What are my options?
Marcello

Texas Laws

Postby Bemot » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:42 pm

Chris:  I would really need to know exactly what your contract says, and what it provides as a penalty for leaving on less than 60 days' notice.  Texas and Federal employment laws do not directly address this issue.  There isn't much an employer can do to you once you have left, unless you have agreed to pay some kind of a penalty for breach of the 60 day notice term.

Unless you want to send me a private email with the contract terms, or do a private follow up post reciting the terms, your best bet is to take the contract to an experienced employment lawyer and have him or her review it and advise you.  If you don't know a lawyer you can get a referral online from the web site of your local county or city Bar Association.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance, but I hope this is at least somewhat helpful.
Bemot

Texas Laws

Postby Ceard » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:31 am

I am a Nurse Practitioner in Texas. My contract says I am to give 60 days notice when resigning. Anyway I can Get out of it? Other providers have left with only 30 days notice!

They are not consistent with the contract. What are my options?
Ceard

Return to Labor Laws