Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Suspended Scaffold - 2-point Swing Stage Safety

Workers Compensation Law Discussion

Postby Croslea » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:28 am

Dear Mr. Tipton!  I am looking for a safety standard for window replacement work done  utilizing the swing stage, more specifically, weather conditions permissible for such activities.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.
Croslea

Postby Arie » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Anna,     Great question!  The regulation in OSHA that governs swing stage scaffold is 29 CFR 1926.451  More specifically, if you look at 29 CFR 1926.451(f)(8) Employees shall be prohibited from working on scaffolds covered with snow, ice, or other slippery material except as necessary for removal of such materials.  Moreover, 1926.451(f)(12) Work on or from scaffolds is prohibited during storms or high winds unless a competent person has determined that it is safe for employees to be on the scaffold and those employees are protected by a personal fall arrest system or wind screens. Wind screens shall not be used unless the scaffold is secured against the anticipated wind forces imposed.  The key to scaffold safety is having a knowledgeable competent person who has experience and expertise in the use of the scaffold type being used and the requirements for that scaffold.  I have attached the link to the OSHA construction standard that applies to your question.  If you would just copy and past the web address, that standard should come up on your browser.  If you have further questions or need any additional information, please let me know.  Thank you.http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=STANDARDS&p_id=107...
Arie

Postby Colin » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:01 pm

Dear Mr. Tipton!  I am looking for a safety standard for window replacement work done  utilizing the swing stage, more specifically, weather conditions permissible for such activities.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.
Colin

Return to Workers Compensation