Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Surname Requirement In Pan Card

Discuss anything to do with property law - buying, selling property

Postby Beltran » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:25 am

Hi,   This is regarding the mandatory requirement of surname in the pancard. My wife's name "Rajani" as also appear in her school/matriculation certificate. My  name is "Anil kumar" as appear in my certificates and passport etc. Father name in certificate also appear as "Bachchi Ram". My father is no more but his name appears with many other documents etc. with either "B.R. Sharma" or bachi ram.

Now the question is i want a PAN card for my wife. Her voter id card is there with name Rajani. While filling the online application it is not accepting the name without last/surname. So i provided the Sharma as a last name and send the matricualation and voter id card as proof required. Now they reject on basis that exact name is requied on certificates. How can it be possible? Is is mandatory to have surname? while all proofs/certificates have only first name.

How to tackle this issue?

Although i have created her  bank account in HDFC with first name only that is Rajani by providing her voter id card and my passport where my wife name is Rajani only that is without any surname.
Beltran

Postby theodore55 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:58 pm

Dear Anil

There are many instances where in people in India has just an initial as the surname, but some others do have any surname. In most applications if there is no surname, just put NA. If that is not applicable, I would suggest to you to  change your wife's name by adding the Surname and publishing the same in the official gazette. That will help you from any future hazzles.
theodore55

Postby Deror » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi,   This is regarding the mandatory requirement of surname in the pancard. My wife's name "Rajani" as also appear in her school/matriculation certificate. My  name is "Anil kumar" as appear in my certificates and passport etc. Father name in certificate also appear as "Bachchi Ram". My father is no more but his name appears with many other documents etc. with either "B.R. Sharma" or bachi ram.

Now the question is i want a PAN card for my wife. Her voter id card is there with name Rajani. While filling the online application it is not accepting the name without last/surname. So i provided the Sharma as a last name and send the matricualation and voter id card as proof required. Now they reject on basis that exact name is requied on certificates. How can it be possible? Is is mandatory to have surname? while all proofs/certificates have only first name.

How to tackle this issue?

Although i have created her  bank account in HDFC with first name only that is Rajani by providing her voter id card and my passport where my wife name is Rajani only that is without any surname.
Deror

Return to Property Law