Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Steroid Injection Gone Wrong

Been the victim of Legal Malpractice? Discuss it here.

Postby Cace » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:23 am

Hi Dr. Friedman,

I had minor to mild pain in my back initially, so after visiting couple of doctors, I decided to get epidural injection in my back.  There were three injections scheduled, the first one went fine, after the second one, I started feeling extreme pain in my back after two days.  I went to the ER, and there from MRI, we found out that there is hematoma(blood clot) in my spine and it was compressing my spine.  Just to mention here that the doctor that gave me steroid injection was very unresponsive on the day when I got admitted into ER, and also the next day he diagonosed my problem as herniated disc(I had a minor herniated disc), after involving the second expert doctor, he ordered MRI, and we found out that I had hematoma.  Finally, I had first surgery, and it turned out that it was abcsess(staph infection) in my back.  Then I another surgery as it spreaded in my thoracic.  Finally, a third surgery as it spreaded in my lower back too.  The infection also got in my blood.  It was life threatning situation after the first surgery as my whole neck had swollen up and I was having difficulty breathing and they had to transfer me to ICU.  I wanted to find out about strength in my case for medical malpractice claim against the first doctor who gave me steroid injection.
Cace

Postby trace » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:54 pm

Josh,

It may be a very strong case if the physician did not place the needle correctly or if the needle or facility was not properly sanitized.

See if they took a culture and can have an infectious disease physician tell you the origination of the staph.  

Also, make sure you see a certified medical malpractice attorney in your area who will have access to physician experts.

I hope you have a full recovery.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.
trace

Postby Itai » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:25 am

Hi Dr. Friedman,

I had minor to mild pain in my back initially, so after visiting couple of doctors, I decided to get epidural injection in my back.  There were three injections scheduled, the first one went fine, after the second one, I started feeling extreme pain in my back after two days.  I went to the ER, and there from MRI, we found out that there is hematoma(blood clot) in my spine and it was compressing my spine.  Just to mention here that the doctor that gave me steroid injection was very unresponsive on the day when I got admitted into ER, and also the next day he diagonosed my problem as herniated disc(I had a minor herniated disc), after involving the second expert doctor, he ordered MRI, and we found out that I had hematoma.  Finally, I had first surgery, and it turned out that it was abcsess(staph infection) in my back.  Then I another surgery as it spreaded in my thoracic.  Finally, a third surgery as it spreaded in my lower back too.  The infection also got in my blood.  It was life threatning situation after the first surgery as my whole neck had swollen up and I was having difficulty breathing and they had to transfer me to ICU.  I wanted to find out about strength in my case for medical malpractice claim against the first doctor who gave me steroid injection.
Itai

Return to Legal Malpractice