Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Stay In Canada After Expiration Of Work Permit

Talk about immigration laws here

Postby Theodore » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi Roxanne,

I am presently working in Canada and am holding post graduate work permit.I had applied for PR in Canada for CEC class. I am done with my medicals.My question is:

1) My work permit expires at the end of May 2012 and I want to stay in Canada as the last step in CEC is submitting my passport.Can I stay in Canada as a visitor ??? Can you plz tell me where is the information available???

2) Do I have to send my passport and do I apply in Buffalo or Canada ??

I did go through the website but found difficult to get answers for the above questions.

Thank you for ur consideration and time.

Shaz

ANSWER: Hi Shaz,

You would apply for a change of conditions to your work permit BEFORE IT EXPIRES from worker to visitor. This application is done through the Inland office in Vegreville, Alberta.  Here is the link.  http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

Passport submission is not required for this application, just a photocopy of your passport.  I hope that helps.

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

www.joincanada.com

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

After I get a visitor visa to stay in Canada .....If my CEC file is approved and I pay the right of landing fees and they stamp my passport at Buffalo...can I go to India and re-enter as then I will be a PR ??coz if I am on Visitor visa I cant leave Canada as I wont be able to re-enter!!

Thank you
Theodore

Postby Drugi » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi,

Once you have a PR visa, your visitor visa is no longer valid.  The PR visa will allow you to re-enter Canada if you have not already completed the landing procedures OR your PR card will allow you to re-enter Canada.  Once you are a PR, you no longer need any visa to enter Canada.

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

www.joincanada.com
Drugi

Return to Immigration Law