Not logged in? Join one of the bigest Law Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Research Law Professors Before Choosing Law Schools

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Speeding ticket on background check?

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Postby troyes » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:02 pm

i recently applied for a job, they said they are waiting on my back ground check. Well i got hired but when they requested a copy of my background check, it sent me one to. It has a speeding ticket on there, that was paid. So do speeding tickets really show up on background checks or do i need to call them and figure out whats going on. Ithought crimes only showed up. Will this speeding ticket always show up on my back ground check?
troyes

Postby edmondo93 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:05 pm

i recently applied for a job, they said they are waiting on my back ground check. Well i got hired but when they requested a copy of my background check, it sent me one to. It has a speeding ticket on there, that was paid. So do speeding tickets really show up on background checks or do i need to call them and figure out whats going on. Ithought crimes only showed up. Will this speeding ticket always show up on my back ground check?
Background checks are performed in categories. Usually, the common ones include drug screens (any / all previous drug tests performed by a lab), employment history (pay stubs and calling your previous employers), criminal records (usually both local and international most wanted lists as well as previous criminal convictions) and also DMV records (includes speeding tickets, DUI/DWI, reckless driving etc - only moving violations). Depends on the extensiveness of the background check.
edmondo93

Return to Traffic Law