Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Sole-proprietor Texas Tax Inquiries

Discuss anything relating to Consumer Law

Postby Kaylah » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:44 pm

s About Taxes)/sole-proprietor texas tax inquiries Advertisement Expert: John Stancil, CPA - 1/3/2008 Aloha,

I moved to Texas 2 months ago from Hawaii. I teach pilates and have no idea what i need in texas(forms or tax id number? options?). I have varied locations where i teach my services as a private contractor- are they all a place of business? if i need to apply for a TIN should it be affective for 2008 or november of 2007?
Kaylah

Postby eguzki » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:37 pm

s About Taxes)/sole-proprietor texas tax inquiries Advertisement Expert: John Stancil, CPA - 1/3/2008 Aloha,

I moved to Texas 2 months ago from Hawaii. I teach pilates and have no idea what i need in texas(forms or tax id number? options?). I have varied locations where i teach my services as a private contractor- are they all a place of business? if i need to apply for a TIN should it be affective for 2008 or november of 2007?
eguzki

Postby bernie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Adrienne,

Thanks for your question.

Texas does not have a state income tax, so your only concern is with the federal return, in terms of income taxes.  Local laws may require a business license or such.  You have one business that operates in numerous locations, all would be reported on the same Schedule C.

Unless you have employees you do not need a separate taxpayer ID number.   If you get one it is effective as of the date issued.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA
bernie

Return to Consumer Law