Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Social Anxiety Disorder

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Social Anxiety Disorder

Postby Bradene » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:01 am

i took the test you recommended and scored 110. i am 43, i havent been able to function in society for more than 10 years. i am scared of everything and afraid to get a job. i just recently lost my father who was going to help me get professional help. i lived in Pa. my sister moved me to NH a couple weeks ago and now im worse than before. im in a new state the only person i know is my sister. i want to apply for SSI but i dont know where to go or who to get help from. im at my wits end here, i cant sleep or eat right and my sister just thinks im lazy and dont want to do anything for myself. please.. any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated.
Bradene

Social Anxiety Disorder

Postby Kunz » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:41 am

Hi Jodie,

I can surely relate to your situation.  It was the same for me when I came back to my home state 20 yrs. ago after I'd just been diagnosed with "anxiety-related disorder"(before Social Anxiety Disorder [SAD] even had a name).  I didn't know anything about applying for S.S.I., and my sister thought the same of me, that I was unmotivated and lazy.

It is imperative that you apply for S.S.I. immediately.  You can actually begin much of the process online at http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/11000.html#part4

Most states have free legal aid for low-income people who qualify, and you might be able to find someone in NH to guide you through the process of applying for S.S.I. if you need it from  http://www.nhls.org/Home/PublicWeb/GetAssistance/DisabilityRights  And you would definately want to contact them if you are denied S.S.I. the first time.

I applied for S.S.I., and was denied the first time(as often does happen).  Don't make the same mistake I did by not appealing your case if it is denied the first time.  You would lose any retroactive benefits(which are paid from the date you apply).

It may help for your sister to read about SAD so that she might better understand what you are going through, and that you are not lazy.  It's likely that you are very overwhelmed and pretty depressed, and you will need her support.

One article I wrote can be found here: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1362741/my_gossamer_dress_an_essay_on_t...

Again, please try to muster the strength to apply for S.S.I., and try to educate your sister about your condition.

Let me know how things go, ok?

Good luck,

Tania  
Kunz

Social Anxiety Disorder

Postby Barak » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:07 am

i took the test you recommended and scored 110. i am 43, i havent been able to function in society for more than 10 years. i am scared of everything and afraid to get a job. i just recently lost my father who was going to help me get professional help. i lived in Pa. my sister moved me to NH a couple weeks ago and now im worse than before. im in a new state the only person i know is my sister. i want to apply for SSI but i dont know where to go or who to get help from. im at my wits end here, i cant sleep or eat right and my sister just thinks im lazy and dont want to do anything for myself. please.. any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated.
Barak

Return to Defamation Law