Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Slip And Fall Walgreens

Discussions relating to Personal Injury Law

Slip And Fall Walgreens

Postby Deutsch » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi,

A couple of days ago it had lightly snowed earlier in the day and in the evening it was raining.  As I was going into a Walgreens after leaving the mat in the front of the store I slipped and fell hard.  I fell on my back and the wind was knocked out of me.  The place where I fell was right by a employee who saw the whole thing.  After a few, I got up and told them that I thought I was going to be alright, that I was just a little sore.  That night I couldn't sleep and and was having severe pain in my tailbone and back.  I went to the emergency room the next day, and they said that they thought I had a bruised or fractured tailbone but didn't take any exrays since I do not have any insurance, the record also says I have a contusion and a closed injury in my head.  I was prescribed medication and told to take it easy for 2 weeks.  I contacted Walgreens and they asked for a statement and I explained to them what happened.  I also asked them why the person behind the register didn't see the water on the floor.  They put up a wet sign after I fell.  My question is what do you think that walgreens will do in this situation.  They want my medical records.  Should I hire an attorney?  I really want this to pay for the emergency room visit, if nothing else.
Deutsch

Slip And Fall Walgreens

Postby Dondre » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi,

A couple of days ago it had lightly snowed earlier in the day and in the evening it was raining.  As I was going into a Walgreens after leaving the mat in the front of the store I slipped and fell hard.  I fell on my back and the wind was knocked out of me.  The place where I fell was right by a employee who saw the whole thing.  After a few, I got up and told them that I thought I was going to be alright, that I was just a little sore.  That night I couldn't sleep and and was having severe pain in my tailbone and back.  I went to the emergency room the next day, and they said that they thought I had a bruised or fractured tailbone but didn't take any exrays since I do not have any insurance, the record also says I have a contusion and a closed injury in my head.  I was prescribed medication and told to take it easy for 2 weeks.  I contacted Walgreens and they asked for a statement and I explained to them what happened.  I also asked them why the person behind the register didn't see the water on the floor.  They put up a wet sign after I fell.  My question is what do you think that walgreens will do in this situation.  They want my medical records.  Should I hire an attorney?  I really want this to pay for the emergency room visit, if nothing else.
Dondre

Slip And Fall Walgreens

Postby Caffar » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:27 pm

A couple of days ago it had lightly snowed earlier in the day and in the evening it was raining.  As I was going into a Walgreens after leaving the mat in the front of the store I slipped and fell hard.  I fell on my back and the wind was knocked out of me.  The place where I fell was right by a employee who saw the whole thing.  After a few, I got up and told them that I thought I was going to be alright, that I was just a little sore.  That night I couldn't sleep and and was having severe pain in my tailbone and back.  I went to the emergency room the next day, and they said that they thought I had a bruised or fractured tailbone but didn't take any exrays since I do not have any insurance, the record also says I have a contusion and a closed injury in my head.  I was prescribed medication and told to take it easy for 2 weeks.  I contacted Walgreens and they asked for a statement and I explained to them what happened.  I also asked them why the person behind the register didn't see the water on the floor.  They put up a wet sign after I fell.  My question is what do you think that walgreens will do in this situation. Walgreens will try to brush you off. They will not do anything realistic to try to settle your claim in my opinion.

Whether you should hire a lawyer is a tough call and depends a lot on how you recover. If you have severe aftereffects....and you may with a closed head injury and a possible fx coccyx...you should try to find an experienced personal injury lawyer in your city.

Slip and falls are tough cases and there is always a liability fight....

Be aware that every state has short timelimits(as short as 1 year) in which to file suit.

Good Luck,

Edward A. Smith

Sacramento, CA

www.autoaccident.com They want my medical records.  Should I hire an attorney?  I really want this to pay for the emergency room visit, if nothing else.

You might be able to talk them into paying that bill..if they can get out of potential problems by paying a small ammt they may do so...

Good Luck...

Ed  
Caffar

Return to Personal Injury Law