Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Slip And Fall At La Fitness

Discussions relating to Personal Injury Law

Postby Broderick » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:21 am

Hello,

My father frequented LA Fitness Gym almost daily for the last 11 or so years.  Last November, when exiting the pool, he slipped on the wet concrete resulting in a fractured femur bone. He had to have surgery, was in rehab for over 4 weeks, and now 2-3 months later still can not return to work.  There was no sign or anti-slip mat when he exited the pool.  He has contacted other personal injury lawyers, but since all members of LA Fitness Clubs sign a accident liability waiver, no one would take his case.  When my father went to there to ask to see a copy of the waiver he signed, they could not produce it.  Since it's been so long, they no longer have record of it.   Does he have a case?

Thanks in advance for your expert advice,

Leticia  
Broderick

Postby Benito » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:24 am

Hello,

My father frequented LA Fitness Gym almost daily for the last 11 or so years.  Last November, when exiting the pool, he slipped on the wet concrete resulting in a fractured femur bone. He had to have surgery, was in rehab for over 4 weeks, and now 2-3 months later still can not return to work.  There was no sign or anti-slip mat when he exited the pool.  He has contacted other personal injury lawyers, but since all members of LA Fitness Clubs sign a accident liability waiver, no one would take his case.  When my father went to there to ask to see a copy of the waiver he signed, they could not produce it.  Since it's been so long, they no longer have record of it.   Does he have a case?

Thanks in advance for your expert advice,

Leticia  
Benito

Postby Annan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:17 pm

Sounds like a tough case. It seems there will always be wet concrete around a pool. It depends whether the material surrounding the pool was unreasonably dangerous or not.

Only an expert can properly answer that question.

If you'd like a referral in Los Angeles, I'd be happt to refer you to someone.

The statute of limitations for personal injury cases in California is 2 years from date of injury.

Ed Smith

800-404-5400
Annan

Return to Personal Injury Law