Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Shadograph Exact Weight Scale

Patents & Trademarks Discussion Forum

Postby Dorren » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:02 am

I have an Exact Weight Scale. It states that it is a Shadograph. It states its from The Exact Weight Scale Company, Columbus Ohio. I can't seem to find ANY information on this company or this type of scale. Can you help or point me in the right direction? Thank You, Carrie.
Dorren

Postby dureau » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi Carrie,

The Smith Scale Co., manufacturer of the Exact Weight Scales, was "organized in 1916, for the purpose of making scales under the patents of Walter Standish Smith." Smith later changed its name to Exact Weight Scale Co., was in Columbus, OH and was in business at least until 1973 as evidenced by patents assigned to the company.  Your Shadograph scale was manufactured under several patents: Patent number 2068390 issued to James F. Sullivan of Columbus, OH on January 19, 1937; Patent number 2074983 issued to Thomas Flanagan of Columbus, OH on March 23, 1937; Patent number 2218562 issued to James F. Sullivan of Columbus, OH on October 22, 1940; and patent number 2350622 issued to Maurice Katz of Brooklyn, NY on June 6, 1944. Patents 2068390, 2074983, and 2350622 were all assigned to Exact Weight Scale Co. of Columbus, OH. The patents can be downloaded and printed by entering each number here: http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm

Your scale, according to the patents, had a light source for projecting an image of the index or dial of the scale. It was made for weighing munitions and probably saw use during World War 2.

Hope this helps,   Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan
dureau

Postby Yang » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:04 pm

I have an Exact Weight Scale. It states that it is a Shadograph. It states its from The Exact Weight Scale Company, Columbus Ohio. I can't seem to find ANY information on this company or this type of scale. Can you help or point me in the right direction? Thank You, Carrie.
Yang

Return to Patents & Trademarks