Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Sex With A Minor

Been involved in a traffic accident? Discuss traffic laws here

Sex With A Minor

Postby Buadhach » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:00 am

My sister is 18. Her ex boyfriend is 16. They started dating when he was 15 and she was 17. Can she get in trouble for having sex with him? She is now pregnant and my mother and I are learning the laws and trying to figure out what his and her rights are with this child. I am very concerned about this. Any information would be very helpful. I am also looking for websites that will tell me what his rights are with this child.
Buadhach

Sex With A Minor

Postby Burlie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi Kristi,

Well your sister technically has committed a crime. In Florida its called sexual battery.

794.011  Sexual battery.--(1)  As used in this chapter: ........

(1)(h)- "Sexual battery" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another or the anal or vaginal penetration of another by any other object; however, sexual battery does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.(b)  Engages in any act with that person while the person is 12 years of age or older but less than 18 years of age which constitutes sexual battery under paragraph(1)(h) commits a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. And its a felony. SO be careful, she could be charged with a crime, but so could he.

Also in Florida is a law: 63.054  Actions required by an unmarried biological father to establish parental rights; Florida Putative Father Registry.-- That he must follow. I would contact the local office of whatever they call in your state the Office of Children and Families and Children. They have rules and regulations concerning unmarried fathers and their rights.

Generally, if the father was present at the registration of the birth and his name is on the child's birth certificate, his position has been equal to that of a mother. If not he has no parental rights. Check your local state laws. Or do a follow up and tell me the state your in.

Hope this all helps.
Burlie

Sex With A Minor

Postby taryn31 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:27 pm

My sister is 18. Her ex boyfriend is 16. They started dating when he was 15 and she was 17. Can she get in trouble for having sex with him? She is now pregnant and my mother and I are learning the laws and trying to figure out what his and her rights are with this child. I am very concerned about this. Any information would be very helpful. I am also looking for websites that will tell me what his rights are with this child.
taryn31

Return to Traffic Law