Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   


Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Sales Tax

Business Law discussions

Sales Tax

Postby Baothghalach » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:34 am

I reside in Missouri and considering starting a web-based business.  Our issue is where may I locate info on Income Tax problems?  Like if my site is providing marketing for 5 bucks per week, do I've to impose sales tax with this in addition to town taxes and revenue?  Where may I locate this data or wouldn't it be better to contact a lawyer?
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:32 am

Sales Tax

Postby dusan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:47 pm

Check the state website for access to the tax dept info and the IRS website for the fed.
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:08 pm

Sales Tax

Postby Gabriele » Fri May 16, 2014 10:06 pm

First, the Supreme Court has held that until Congress changes the law, states cannot force out-of-state vendors to collect sales tax in their state unless the seller has a physical presence in that state. You have a physical presence in a state if you own any property (real or personal) in that state, you have employees in the state, you have an office or other business location in the state, and, in many states, if you have an agent in the state. If you have no physical presence in any other state, then MO sales tax law is all you'll need to worry about, and that's only for sales to customers in MO. Usually services like advertising are not subject to sales tax, although a few states do impose sales taxes on that. I'm not familiar with MO sales tax law, but a good place for you to start is the Missouri Department of Revenue business tax page that has information about various taxes the state imposes on businesses in the state, including sales tax.
For federal income tax, if you operate as a sole proprietor (which includes operating through a LLC when you are the only owner of the LLC), IRS publication 334 has a wealth of useful information for you.
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:32 am

Sales Tax

Postby Efrem » Thu May 29, 2014 5:24 pm

I've a small company in California. I acquired my income tax and company certificate data from my own tax consultant. You may begin by requesting the person who figures your very own income tax returns.If there's no necessity this type of person, then begin with your region site for enterprise certificate data and also the State-Of Missiouri site for income tax info.
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:06 am

Return to Business Law


  • Related topics
    Last post