Welcome to Law-Forums.org!   

Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Retained Placenta

Been the victim of Medical Malpractice or fighting a malpractice suit? Discuss it here.

Retained Placenta

Postby Finnobarr » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi, I delivered twins on 10/4/06 with my ob whom I still adore. I only had 1 placenta which is very rare in my case. I had a very clean bill of health prior to the retained placenta/ uterine infection. When twins were 4 days old, my body went back into labor, extreme pain, went from doctor to hospital all day for tests and back home, only to get worse, running fever, severe pain etc. They admitted me into hospital and was there for 5 days under the care of another doctor within the practice(not fond of her for obvious reasons) she refused to tell me what was wrong with me, what I was being treated for, so on so forth. I was on iv antibiotics for 5 days straight, morphine and percocet, and still in pain.  Trying to make a long story short, I finally got better, well so I had hoped. After leaving hospital, I never seemed to start feeling better after pregnancy. Nevertheless, after more doctors appointments, and tests, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have done extensive research since then, and from all I have come across, this to me is a direct result of the uterine infection.(fibromyalgia lies dormant, for example everyone has cancer cells, and then it becomes a disease, same thing with fibro, something "awakens it". I have spoke with other people with this disease, and they have all fallen victim to this disease from a result of something else, emergency hystorectomy, eptopic pregnancy,) Forgive me if I am rambling, I'm trying to sum up 18 months worth of review in this tid bit of space. I am currently on a pain patch, ultram, dexadrine, and lortab's for breakthrough pain. I sometimes feel as though if things were handled properly, I wouldn't feel this way, it's not only me, I can't stand the fact that I have 4 great kids that don't understand "mommy hurts", and can't play right now. Can I have your advice??
Finnobarr

Retained Placenta

Postby Cairo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Hi, I delivered twins on 10/4/06 with my ob whom I still adore. I only had 1 placenta which is very rare in my case. I had a very clean bill of health prior to the retained placenta/ uterine infection. When twins were 4 days old, my body went back into labor, extreme pain, went from doctor to hospital all day for tests and back home, only to get worse, running fever, severe pain etc. They admitted me into hospital and was there for 5 days under the care of another doctor within the practice(not fond of her for obvious reasons) she refused to tell me what was wrong with me, what I was being treated for, so on so forth. I was on iv antibiotics for 5 days straight, morphine and percocet, and still in pain.  Trying to make a long story short, I finally got better, well so I had hoped. After leaving hospital, I never seemed to start feeling better after pregnancy. Nevertheless, after more doctors appointments, and tests, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have done extensive research since then, and from all I have come across, this to me is a direct result of the uterine infection.(fibromyalgia lies dormant, for example everyone has cancer cells, and then it becomes a disease, same thing with fibro, something "awakens it". I have spoke with other people with this disease, and they have all fallen victim to this disease from a result of something else, emergency hystorectomy, eptopic pregnancy,) Forgive me if I am rambling, I'm trying to sum up 18 months worth of review in this tid bit of space. I am currently on a pain patch, ultram, dexadrine, and lortab's for breakthrough pain. I sometimes feel as though if things were handled properly, I wouldn't feel this way, it's not only me, I can't stand the fact that I have 4 great kids that don't understand "mommy hurts", and can't play right now. Can I have your advice??
Cairo

Retained Placenta

Postby naw21 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:54 pm

You apparently had a retained placenta although you do not say how you knew that. If the doctor you don't like would not talk to you, that suggests concealment as does your account of the events. That diagnosis of fibromyalgia sounds like a cover-up. Talk to a lawyer and see if he will get your records so you can find out what did happen. Retained placenta means some one goofed, and you have a right to know why and how. See a malpractice lawyer and stop trying to decide what happened by yourself. Without the record and and an expert review you will not know. Stop guessing and see a lawyer.
naw21

Return to Medical Malpractice