Discounted Legal Texts

Refund Policy

Discuss anything relating to Consumer Law

Refund Policy

Postby Miska » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:44 am

1.  It was a credit card purchase

2.  Around 8 Sept

3.  on 18 Sept

4.  around 14 Sept, and notified on the same day.  But I was in process of negotiating with the dearship for a Harley and told the parts dept to hold the bags for me.

Thanks you very much for your help.

------------------------- Followup To - I have a question regarding refund policy.  Through a local motorcycle dealership, I had ordered a pair of saddlebags for my Kawasaki.  While the order was being shiped, I ended up trading in my Kawasaki for a Harley at the very same dealer.  Eventually, the saddlebags came in and I was just told by the parts dept that I had to pick them up because "you've already bought it."  

Considering the fact that I've never had possession of this item at any time, does the store's no-refund policy on parts apply??
Miska

Refund Policy

Postby Ashly » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:49 pm

Two options that should resolve this matter:

1.  Inform the dealer that you have no use for the bags now that you have a different model cycle and to please refund the money via your credit card, minus a SMALL restocking fee(which is customary).

2.  If you don't get satisfaction with that request, immediately challenge the charge with your credit card company.  Some companies have a 30 day requirement to challenge a purchase, so get right on this!

If you didn't sign a contract or paper of any kind with the dealer regarding the bags, I don't they can hold you to much.  If you signed a paper upon order and there was all kind of language about no refunds, etc., than the matter does change.

Hope this helps.
Ashly

Refund Policy

Postby Erchanbold » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:03 pm

- Dear Kevin,

So that I might better assist you, please answer these questions:

1.  What method did you use for payment?

2.  What date(approximately) did you place the order for the bags?

3.  What date did you trade your K in for an H?

4.  What date did the bags arrive at the dealership(or when were you notified they were there)?

Thanks.
Erchanbold

Refund Policy

Postby Gotthard » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:05 am

1.  It was a credit card purchase

2.  Around 8 Sept

3.  on 18 Sept

4.  around 14 Sept, and notified on the same day.  But I was in process of negotiating with the dearship for a Harley and told the parts dept to hold the bags for me.

Thanks you very much for your help.

------------------------- Followup To - I have a question regarding refund policy.  Through a local motorcycle dealership, I had ordered a pair of saddlebags for my Kawasaki.  While the order was being shiped, I ended up trading in my Kawasaki for a Harley at the very same dealer.  Eventually, the saddlebags came in and I was just told by the parts dept that I had to pick them up because "you've already bought it."  

Considering the fact that I've never had possession of this item at any time, does the store's no-refund policy on parts apply??
Gotthard

Return to Consumer Law