Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Recv'd Summons...can I Pay To Avoid Judgement

Discuss the legalities of Bankruptcy Law

Postby Garion » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:45 am

I am in AZ.  I received a summons today for a 10+ year old credit card debt.  Unfortunately I didn't realize that they couldn't still collect, and started making payments on it in 10/05.  I paid 1000 on 10/05, 150 on 2/15 and 150 on 3/15.  The balance of the debt is ~$2300.

I tried to call a couple of times in May & June to get a settlement but the guy was incredibly rude and would only give me 95% due within a week, which I didn't think I could come up with.  

Anyway, I would desperately like to avoid a  judgement and wondered if it is still possible to pay the collections attorney.  If that is not possible, can I pay at the court in order to avoid garnishment?  

Thank you for your help.
Garion

Postby Thurstan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:35 pm

Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me about your 10 year old debt.

The crazy part about this is if you HAD REFUSED to pay ANYTHING AT ALL in 2005, this account would be what is called OUT OF STATUTE.

That is why I tell everyone that THERE IS VERY LITTLE VALUE IN PAYING A DEBT TO A COLLECTION AGENCY.

JUST LET THE DEBT AGE AND IT WILL GO OUT OF STATUTE, AND THAT IS IT.

Now, since you did what you fely was a good thing and paid the payments, the clock has reset.  Essentially, turning the clock back on the DATE OF LAST ACTIVITY to 2005.

So, no what can you do. Well, if you have been served, I would DEMAND that the attorney provide you with COMPLETE VERIFICATION TO SUBSTANTIATE the debt. I am not talking about a letter from the ORIGINAL CREDITOR stating that the balance is valid, but I want you to demand a copy of the original application with YOUR signature on it, a copy of each and every statement for the months the account was open and each and every invoice that you signed at each restaurant etc.

That is how you deal with this issue.

Do not miss a court date, and remain firm in your position that you MUST see the VERIFICATION.

If you get in a jam, go to my website at www.collectionindustrylive.com and sign up for my VIP Program and I will call the attorney and collection agency for you!

Let me know!

Thanks So Much, and please provide feedback!

Have a great day Julie!

Robert Paisola

Chief Executive Officer

Western Capital Financial Services and

The Success Training Network

www.mycollector.com

www.RobertPaisola.com

ABOUT YOUR AUTHOR:

Robert Paisola is driven by a passion for people--motivating them to reach for the highest standards of success. As founder and president of many International Corporations including Western Capital and The Success Training Network, Robert trains sales and marketing professionals who want to strive to get to the top...and stay there.

His innovative, no-nonsense approach is based on applying what he has observed in his fifteen-plus years in sales, motivational speaking and debt collection training, thus revealing the common business habits of the top 20% of sales performers in all organizations.

Robert's approach works...that's why New York-based Success Magazine has rated Robert Paisola as one of the top-five most effective sales-training professional in the market today.

Routinely Distinguished by The National Speakers Forum, Robert is also a regular contributor to Business Week Magazine, CNN, CNNFN, XM Satellite Radio, The Wall Street Journal, Telemundo International, National Public Radio and many other organizations.

If you are looking for personalized service, Robert now has a reduced fee schedule for AllExperts.com members at:http://www.mycollector.com/news_vipservices.html

Do you want to see Live Video Results?  Click Here!http://kdka.com/video/[email protected]

For more information on Robert Paisola's unique training programs, contact Robert at Western Capital at [email protected] or at 1-877-517-9555 or visithttp://www.allexperts.com/displayExpert.asp?Expert=38419 or visit www.RobertPaisola.com
Thurstan

Postby Anshel » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:48 pm

I am in AZ.  I received a summons today for a 10+ year old credit card debt.  Unfortunately I didn't realize that they couldn't still collect, and started making payments on it in 10/05.  I paid 1000 on 10/05, 150 on 2/15 and 150 on 3/15.  The balance of the debt is ~$2300.

I tried to call a couple of times in May & June to get a settlement but the guy was incredibly rude and would only give me 95% due within a week, which I didn't think I could come up with.  

Anyway, I would desperately like to avoid a  judgement and wondered if it is still possible to pay the collections attorney.  If that is not possible, can I pay at the court in order to avoid garnishment?  

Thank you for your help.
Anshel

Return to Bankruptcy Law