Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Questions

Talk about immigration laws here

Questions

Postby Mikhail » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:36 pm

s SubjectDate AskedExpertExpired Colombian passport3/13/2012MRZ  Q: My question is about renewing my expired Colombian passport. I read that you need to present your ...   A: It depends, you cannot file for a new passport with a contrasena if you are over the age of 25. In ... Citizenship3/5/2012Cesar  Q: I was born in Colombia, However, became a US Citizen in 1976. I was never issued a Cedula in ...   A: You are still Colombian. What you have now is a double citizenship, which is great. It is just that ... Marriage and immigration3/3/2012MRZ  Q: my question is this. What is the standards of Colombian law for a man of U. S. citizenship that ...   A: As the U.S., Colombia also has a spouse visa, once you are married you can file for such a visa with ... panama-columbia3/2/2012Juan Carlos Valencia  Q: I'm wondering about the current conditions of travel from panama into columbia. I'm planning a trip ...   A: David, this is the most frequent question about traveling to Colombia on this site. Please check ... Cholado2/23/2012MRZ  Q: What are the fruits, syrups & creams used to make a traditional "cholado"?   A: The Cholado or Cholao can be prepared with a lot of fruits, I have seen it with banana, pineapple, ... wedding clothes2/19/2012MRZ  Q: My son is marrying a Columbian lady in Columbia(Cali) in November this year. As mother of the groom ...   A: I am sorry for the delay in my answer. Cali's temperature is between 70 and 80 degrees, it is a bit ... Cedula for American born of Colombian descent2/14/2012MRZ  Q: My wife and I are hoping to adopt a child from Colombia. I've been told a Cedula might help us. I ...   A: Yes, if you claim your Colombian citizenship, which you are entitled to because of your parents are ... Cost of VISA from Colombia to Cancun2/9/2012Cesar  Q: My friend who lives in Cali, Colombia wants to vacation in Cancun Mexico. He would like to know how ...   A: There is no charge for a visa for Colombians who go to Mexico for tourism or if they go in transit ... Job In Bogota1/30/2012Juan Carlos Valencia  Q: My name is Sid from India, I am a certified Cisco security expert and is willing to go to Bogota and ...   A: Hey Sid! I´ve been receiving similar questions from people in India in the past few months. This is ... Renouncing Citizenship1/26/2012MRZ  Q: Marta, I am planning a trip to Colombia this summer. I was born in Colombia in 1983. I have only ...   A: Indeed you can renounce your Colombian citizenship any time. But in order to do this, it will sound ... abt colombia1/21/2012Juan Carlos Valencia  Q: I will be visiting Colombia(Bogota and melee) by mid feb .will it be chilly there? i mean do i ...   A: Hey Dipak, Colombia is located in the tropics. So big areas of the country do not change ... birth certificate from Venezuela1/16/2012Cesar  Q: can you assist in locating a birth certificate from venzuela.the birth occurred in 1930 in a small ...   A: I am in Colombia, not in Venezuela, but lived in Caracas many years ago. I have never been in ... dual citizenship1/13/2012MRZ  Q: Hey my mother was born in colombia and is a citizen. I was born here in the STates, I read in ...   A: A bit confused, you need your birth certificate for what? If you were born in the States you need ... Travel12/19/2011MRZ  Q: We are visiting family in California, and would like to take aboat down to Colombia, preferably the ...   A: I am sorry for the delay in my response, we have been super busy lately. Your best bet is to sail ... Entering Colombia11/23/2011MRZ  Q: We are visiting Colombia for a family vacation. My husband was born in Colombia but has been in ...   A: when did he become a Canadian citizen? If he obtained his Canadian citizenship before 1991, ... Bogota - Panama ciudad11/16/2011Juan Carlos Valencia  Q: Hola ! I'm wondering if there is a bus company that goes from Bogota to Panama ciudad. Flights ...   A: this is a very frequent question here, so please browse past answers to get details and tips. ... help on anything11/8/2011MRZ  Q: i just got my Colombian cedula and i was wondering, what now? can i get a license to drive? can i go ...   A: Please write us directly at [email protected], I am not sure if I understand your ... tourist vist10/9/2011MRZ  Q: My wife and I(seniors) are interested in visiting Columbia and have many questions since there does ...   A: Sorry about the delay in my response, I have been traveling. Cartagena is pretty safe for a tourist, ... passport not recieved9/14/2011MRZ  Q: My wife flew to DC to the consular office to renew her Colombian passport. They sent her to the Post ...   A: I am sure that they actually issued the passport and sent it to her in the envelope provided, I ... Dual Citizenship9/12/2011MRZ  Q: I would like to know the process that I must go about to get aquire dual citizenship with colombia, ...   A: Yes you can obtain your citizenship, you have to have a recently obtained original copy of your ... Colombian passport, legally work8/22/2011MRZ  Q: I am a dual citizen of the US and Colombia, have both passports and both are good until 2014. If I ...   A: Yes, if you have a valid Colombian passport you are a Colombian citizen and you can stay in the ... art in Bogota8/13/2011MRZ  Q: My name is Ksenia, and I'm beginning to travel South America. Bogota has caught my attention, and ...   A: Bogota is safe as long as you are a smart traveler and tourist. If you apply common sense and street ... School uniforms8/10/2011MRZ  Q: We are thinking of moving to Colombia probably Medalline with school age children. We would be ...   A: There is only one school in all of Colombia that does not require uniforms, the Refous, and it is ... Expired Colombian Passport8/9/2011MRZ  Q: My colombian passport expired several years ago. I am going to travel to Colombia and I do not ...   A: I would not travel if I were you, thing is that you can travel with an expired passport if you are ... openning bank account7/18/2011MRZ  Q: My wife recently renewed her cedula and she wises to open a bank account and the bank indicated that ...   A: H Daniel, Is your wife employed? If so, she can request one from her employer. You will need to get ... Sailing Colombian Caribbean7/12/2011MRZ  Q: I will be sailing the Colombian coast on the Caribbean in a very small boat which cannot go more ...   A: Check this page: http://www.caribbeancompass.com/colfin.htm It is a bit old, from 2001, but still ... Viajar con Pasaporte Colombiano dentro de los EU7/4/2011MRZ  Q: Hola, quisiera saber si es posible viajar dentro de los Estados Unidos con un pasaporte valido. Mi ...   A: Hola Maria, Por ley si se puede viajar dentro de los Estados Unidos con un pasaporte de otro pais ... driving distance7/2/2011Juan Carlos Valencia  Q: driving distance between Bogota and bucaramanga   A: Hey James, the distance in milles/kilometers is not all that meaningful because the road changes ... Divorcio/matrimonio6/24/2011MRZ  Q: Me casé en Colombia, y mediante un proceso contensioso me divorcié en Maryland. Tengo deseos de ...   A: Hola, Efectivamente el divorcio es solo valido en los Estados Unidos por ahora, eso quiere decir que ... Medications6/22/2011MRZ  Q: I am a Canadian going to Colombia in the fall. Would I be allowed to bring in non-prescription ...   A: You should not have any problem with it since it is over the counter medication. As long as it is ... CAMBIO DE NOMBRE6/21/2011MRZ  Q: SOY CIUDADANA COLOMBIANA. CUANDO ADQUIRI MI CIUDADANIA AMERICANA, HACE POCOS MESES, ME QUITE MI ...   A: Hola Maria, Para este caso, que el apellido de casada aparezca en la cedula y en el pasaporte, se ... Santa Marta, Colombia-- General Information6/14/2011MRZ  Q: I am being offered a work opportunity in Santa Marta, Colombia, but I know nothing about this City. ...   A: I am sorry for the delay in my response, I had been out of town. Please email me at ... Dual nationality confusion!6/13/2011MRZ  Q: I am a british citizen born in the uk and around 2000 my parents applied for my Colombian passport ...   A: We can gladly help. Yes by law any Colombian born national MUST travel in to and out of Colombian ... should I get a work permit, or get married sooner6/12/2011MRZ  Q: My Colombian partner and I(a US citizen) plan to get married so I can stay here in Colombia ...   A: This is a tricky one. It could be either or. Could you please email me directly at ... What do i need to travel back to colombia6/7/2011MRZ  Q: I was born in Colombia, but i am now a US citizen. after 45 years i plan to travel the middle of ...   A: First thing you will need is a recently obtained copy of your birth certificate, it cannot be older ... QUESTION5/23/2011MRZ  Q: MY SON WAS BORN IN COLOMBIA AND I WANT TO BRING HIM TO THE USA HOW CAN I DO THAT   A: First you have to prove that you are the biological father, did you register him as your son? Who is ... temporary vehicle permit5/22/2011MRZ  Q: I'm going to ship a car from Houston to Cartagena for a trip through South America. Where do I get ...   A: This must be done before arrival. Yes, you have to purchase a mandatory insurance, but you cannot ... Temporary import duties on vehicles into Colombia4/23/2011MRZ  Q: We are looking to travel through South America in Mexican registered vehicle from Panama into ...   A: Temporary Entry/Samples--Colombia does not honor ATA carnets. Non-fungible merchandise that can be ... Regaining Citizenship4/7/2011MRZ  Q: I am 17 years old at the moment and I was born in Bogota, Colombia. I am currently a US Resident and ...   A: Yes you can renounce your Colombian citizenship for Military reasons and then regain it at a later ... Inmigracion4/7/2011MRZ  Q: Me case en Colombia y me divorcie en New york, no tendria ningun problema de casarme nuevamente en ...   A: Hola Victor, Ya que el divorcio fue dado por una corte extranjera, se debe pedir a una corte ... Page:   Prev  |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  | 5 

|  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

All
Mikhail

Questions

Postby Alhric » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:26 pm

s SubjectDate AskedExpertExpired Colombian passport3/13/2012MRZ  Q: My question is about renewing my expired Colombian passport. I read that you need to present your ...   A: It depends, you cannot file for a new passport with a contrasena if you are over the age of 25. In ... Citizenship3/5/2012Cesar  Q: I was born in Colombia, However, became a US Citizen in 1976. I was never issued a Cedula in ...   A: You are still Colombian. What you have now is a double citizenship, which is great. It is just that ... Marriage and immigration3/3/2012MRZ  Q: my question is this. What is the standards of Colombian law for a man of U. S. citizenship that ...   A: As the U.S., Colombia also has a spouse visa, once you are married you can file for such a visa with ... panama-columbia3/2/2012Juan Carlos Valencia  Q: I'm wondering about the current conditions of travel from panama into columbia. I'm planning a trip ...   A: David, this is the most frequent question about traveling to Colombia on this site. Please check ... Cholado2/23/2012MRZ  Q: What are the fruits, syrups & creams used to make a traditional "cholado"?   A: The Cholado or Cholao can be prepared with a lot of fruits, I have seen it with banana, pineapple, ... wedding clothes2/19/2012MRZ  Q: My son is marrying a Columbian lady in Columbia(Cali) in November this year. As mother of the groom ...   A: I am sorry for the delay in my answer. Cali's temperature is between 70 and 80 degrees, it is a bit ... Cedula for American born of Colombian descent2/14/2012MRZ  Q: My wife and I are hoping to adopt a child from Colombia. I've been told a Cedula might help us. I ...   A: Yes, if you claim your Colombian citizenship, which you are entitled to because of your parents are ... Cost of VISA from Colombia to Cancun2/9/2012Cesar  Q: My friend who lives in Cali, Colombia wants to vacation in Cancun Mexico. He would like to know how ...   A: There is no charge for a visa for Colombians who go to Mexico for tourism or if they go in transit ... Job In Bogota1/30/2012Juan Carlos Valencia  Q: My name is Sid from India, I am a certified Cisco security expert and is willing to go to Bogota and ...   A: Hey Sid! I´ve been receiving similar questions from people in India in the past few months. This is ... Renouncing Citizenship1/26/2012MRZ  Q: Marta, I am planning a trip to Colombia this summer. I was born in Colombia in 1983. I have only ...   A: Indeed you can renounce your Colombian citizenship any time. But in order to do this, it will sound ... abt colombia1/21/2012Juan Carlos Valencia  Q: I will be visiting Colombia(Bogota and melee) by mid feb .will it be chilly there? i mean do i ...   A: Hey Dipak, Colombia is located in the tropics. So big areas of the country do not change ... birth certificate from Venezuela1/16/2012Cesar  Q: can you assist in locating a birth certificate from venzuela.the birth occurred in 1930 in a small ...   A: I am in Colombia, not in Venezuela, but lived in Caracas many years ago. I have never been in ... dual citizenship1/13/2012MRZ  Q: Hey my mother was born in colombia and is a citizen. I was born here in the STates, I read in ...   A: A bit confused, you need your birth certificate for what? If you were born in the States you need ... Travel12/19/2011MRZ  Q: We are visiting family in California, and would like to take aboat down to Colombia, preferably the ...   A: I am sorry for the delay in my response, we have been super busy lately. Your best bet is to sail ... Entering Colombia11/23/2011MRZ  Q: We are visiting Colombia for a family vacation. My husband was born in Colombia but has been in ...   A: when did he become a Canadian citizen? If he obtained his Canadian citizenship before 1991, ... Bogota - Panama ciudad11/16/2011Juan Carlos Valencia  Q: Hola ! I'm wondering if there is a bus company that goes from Bogota to Panama ciudad. Flights ...   A: this is a very frequent question here, so please browse past answers to get details and tips. ... help on anything11/8/2011MRZ  Q: i just got my Colombian cedula and i was wondering, what now? can i get a license to drive? can i go ...   A: Please write us directly at [email protected], I am not sure if I understand your ... tourist vist10/9/2011MRZ  Q: My wife and I(seniors) are interested in visiting Columbia and have many questions since there does ...   A: Sorry about the delay in my response, I have been traveling. Cartagena is pretty safe for a tourist, ... passport not recieved9/14/2011MRZ  Q: My wife flew to DC to the consular office to renew her Colombian passport. They sent her to the Post ...   A: I am sure that they actually issued the passport and sent it to her in the envelope provided, I ... Dual Citizenship9/12/2011MRZ  Q: I would like to know the process that I must go about to get aquire dual citizenship with colombia, ...   A: Yes you can obtain your citizenship, you have to have a recently obtained original copy of your ... Colombian passport, legally work8/22/2011MRZ  Q: I am a dual citizen of the US and Colombia, have both passports and both are good until 2014. If I ...   A: Yes, if you have a valid Colombian passport you are a Colombian citizen and you can stay in the ... art in Bogota8/13/2011MRZ  Q: My name is Ksenia, and I'm beginning to travel South America. Bogota has caught my attention, and ...   A: Bogota is safe as long as you are a smart traveler and tourist. If you apply common sense and street ... School uniforms8/10/2011MRZ  Q: We are thinking of moving to Colombia probably Medalline with school age children. We would be ...   A: There is only one school in all of Colombia that does not require uniforms, the Refous, and it is ... Expired Colombian Passport8/9/2011MRZ  Q: My colombian passport expired several years ago. I am going to travel to Colombia and I do not ...   A: I would not travel if I were you, thing is that you can travel with an expired passport if you are ... openning bank account7/18/2011MRZ  Q: My wife recently renewed her cedula and she wises to open a bank account and the bank indicated that ...   A: H Daniel, Is your wife employed? If so, she can request one from her employer. You will need to get ... Sailing Colombian Caribbean7/12/2011MRZ  Q: I will be sailing the Colombian coast on the Caribbean in a very small boat which cannot go more ...   A: Check this page: http://www.caribbeancompass.com/colfin.htm It is a bit old, from 2001, but still ... Viajar con Pasaporte Colombiano dentro de los EU7/4/2011MRZ  Q: Hola, quisiera saber si es posible viajar dentro de los Estados Unidos con un pasaporte valido. Mi ...   A: Hola Maria, Por ley si se puede viajar dentro de los Estados Unidos con un pasaporte de otro pais ... driving distance7/2/2011Juan Carlos Valencia  Q: driving distance between Bogota and bucaramanga   A: Hey James, the distance in milles/kilometers is not all that meaningful because the road changes ... Divorcio/matrimonio6/24/2011MRZ  Q: Me casé en Colombia, y mediante un proceso contensioso me divorcié en Maryland. Tengo deseos de ...   A: Hola, Efectivamente el divorcio es solo valido en los Estados Unidos por ahora, eso quiere decir que ... Medications6/22/2011MRZ  Q: I am a Canadian going to Colombia in the fall. Would I be allowed to bring in non-prescription ...   A: You should not have any problem with it since it is over the counter medication. As long as it is ... CAMBIO DE NOMBRE6/21/2011MRZ  Q: SOY CIUDADANA COLOMBIANA. CUANDO ADQUIRI MI CIUDADANIA AMERICANA, HACE POCOS MESES, ME QUITE MI ...   A: Hola Maria, Para este caso, que el apellido de casada aparezca en la cedula y en el pasaporte, se ... Santa Marta, Colombia-- General Information6/14/2011MRZ  Q: I am being offered a work opportunity in Santa Marta, Colombia, but I know nothing about this City. ...   A: I am sorry for the delay in my response, I had been out of town. Please email me at ... Dual nationality confusion!6/13/2011MRZ  Q: I am a british citizen born in the uk and around 2000 my parents applied for my Colombian passport ...   A: We can gladly help. Yes by law any Colombian born national MUST travel in to and out of Colombian ... should I get a work permit, or get married sooner6/12/2011MRZ  Q: My Colombian partner and I(a US citizen) plan to get married so I can stay here in Colombia ...   A: This is a tricky one. It could be either or. Could you please email me directly at ... What do i need to travel back to colombia6/7/2011MRZ  Q: I was born in Colombia, but i am now a US citizen. after 45 years i plan to travel the middle of ...   A: First thing you will need is a recently obtained copy of your birth certificate, it cannot be older ... QUESTION5/23/2011MRZ  Q: MY SON WAS BORN IN COLOMBIA AND I WANT TO BRING HIM TO THE USA HOW CAN I DO THAT   A: First you have to prove that you are the biological father, did you register him as your son? Who is ... temporary vehicle permit5/22/2011MRZ  Q: I'm going to ship a car from Houston to Cartagena for a trip through South America. Where do I get ...   A: This must be done before arrival. Yes, you have to purchase a mandatory insurance, but you cannot ... Temporary import duties on vehicles into Colombia4/23/2011MRZ  Q: We are looking to travel through South America in Mexican registered vehicle from Panama into ...   A: Temporary Entry/Samples--Colombia does not honor ATA carnets. Non-fungible merchandise that can be ... Regaining Citizenship4/7/2011MRZ  Q: I am 17 years old at the moment and I was born in Bogota, Colombia. I am currently a US Resident and ...   A: Yes you can renounce your Colombian citizenship for Military reasons and then regain it at a later ... Inmigracion4/7/2011MRZ  Q: Me case en Colombia y me divorcie en New york, no tendria ningun problema de casarme nuevamente en ...   A: Hola Victor, Ya que el divorcio fue dado por una corte extranjera, se debe pedir a una corte ... Page:   Prev  |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  | 5 

|  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

All
Alhric

Return to Immigration Law