Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Questions

Talk about immigration laws here

Questions

Postby Winfrid » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:29 am

s SubjectDate AskedExpertchild suport11/19/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: My husband has been married to a German woman and they have two children together. Their divorce was ...   A: Your husband is obligated to pay child support according to the Duesseldorfer Tabelle because the ... German Divorce11/18/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: Turkish boyfriend is currently married to a German citizen and is living in Germany on a Schengen ...   A: Please be aware that the residence permit of your Turkish boyfriend might have ended already at the ... dual citizenship11/16/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: My wife(german with green card) wants to become a US citizen and retain her german citizenship as I ...   A: I am not an Immigration lawyer. Let her Employer or a friend with a company write a letter that they ... American military couple(husband) divorce11/14/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: Is it true that a German court cannot divide American retirement benefits? And if the judge decides ...   A: the German court can divide American retirement benefits(as long as it is not Army retirement). ... German inheritance to be received in the UK11/13/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: Herr Haarhaus guten tag. My wife and I have been married and living and working in the UK for the ...   A: I assume in the following that your wife is domiciled in the UK. Principally, even in this case ... Divorce w/ Denmark Marriage11/12/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am an American married to a German citizen and we got married in Denmark and both currently live ...   A: I can only advise on German law, not on American or Denish law: Before filing for a divorce the ... Child Support11/11/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: My daughter had a child with a man in the U.S. Army who then was stationed in Germany. His ...   A: Your daughter needs to obtain a child support decision in the US. Afterwards my partner from Munich ... how do you communicate a courts order to the person in question according to the 2007 eu law11/11/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am interested in sending from Greece to Germany, to a German citizen a Greek courts deicing ...   A: Well, as the furnishment of a document which has to do with a legal proceeding is an official act it ... Child support in Germany11/9/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I'm a German citizen living in London. I have a child with a former partner(not married), living ...   A: The higher costs of living can be factored in the calculation but your lawyer would need to claim ... Wills11/8/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: A few years before he died, my uncle, who was resident in Germany, asked my mother for the details ...   A: It is hard to find out if there was a will. If there was a will your aunt is obligated to give it to ... Power of Attonery Germany11/7/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I need to get power of attorney for my mum in Germany. How do i do it? She is ageing and needs ...   A: I would like to counter your question with my own: As you live on the other side of the world - are ... child maintenance11/6/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I was married to a German Lady and we had 2 children. They are now 7 and 8 years old. I pay child ...   A: According to German law it doesn't matter how much your ex-wife earns for the calculation of your ... GERMAN WILLS(INHERITANCE)11/3/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I'M A US CITIZEN AND MY UNCLE IS A GERMAN CITIZEN. I WAS TOLD YEARS AGO THAT I WAS IN MY UNCLES ...   A: Kraus: if you are named in your uncle's will, then you will certainly be notified upon his death. If ... US citizen has child with German citizen11/2/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I'm a US citizen and have had a child with a German citizen, we are not married. Does being the ...   A: I assume that the child was born and lives in Germany. In the event that you accepted your paternity ... alimony and child support11/1/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: i was married and divorced in germany. i now live in asia. the court divorce decision specified that ...   A: I'm sorry you were not satisfied with my answer, but the fact is that, since the child is located in ... Termination of alimony10/30/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I was divorced in Germany and has been receiving child support fir our two kids and alimony. My kids ...   A: As he remains the father of the children he is still liable for child support. The new spouse does ... Custody / Maintenance10/30/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: my brother is an Australian Citizen and his ex-girlfriend is a German citizen. They split on bad ...   A: yes, if the mother puts your brother's name on the birth certificate in Germany(and even if he is ... German Emancipation10/29/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: My husband's daughter turned 18 June 1,09. She has been working at a hotel full time. She has not ...   A: Lori: if your husband supported her during her traineeship for the hotel job then he may not be ... us/ german divorce10/28/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am hoping that you can give me a general idea of how to divorce a German citizen, I am a us ...   A: You need a divorce jdgement renderred by a court. As there is a German citizen is invloved a ... I want to seperate from my wife10/28/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am Tanzanian,living in Nürnberg. I married to a Germany woman 12.04.2004. Til now we have no ...   A: In case of the separation of spouses(not divorce) the residence permit of the foreign spouse ... custody10/28/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: My son has two children with a German girl, they are not married, They lived as a family in England ...   A: Unless he accepted his paternity by notarial deed or at the child welfare office your son is not ... Prenuptial agreement10/27/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: Could you recommend me please about several notary public(a qulified impartial lawyer) lawyers, not ...   A: They cost all the same. For fnding a notary public in Munich, you can use the online search of the ... International Prenuptial Agreements; Independent residence; Divorce10/27/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am Israeli citizen; I’m currently living in Germany. My boyfriend is German and we intend to get ...   A: You will be able to prolong the visa indefinetly. You can work but need not to. Independent ... From what countries is it easy for German women to get child support enforced10/27/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: From what countries is it easy for German women to get child support enforced if the father will not ...   A: Here is a list of the 65 countries that signed the UN Convention on the recovery abroad of ... prenuptial agreements under German law.10/26/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am a American and have been dating my German boyfriend for two years. In July of 2008 I quit my ...   A: Prenuptial agreements are quite common in Germany. It is a reasonable measure of asset protection if ... Kindergeld10/25/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I am both a U.S. citizen and a German citizen. I lived in Germany for three years from the age of 15 ...   A: Nicole: thanks for the question. Am I correct to assume that your mother still resides in Germany ... What will happen if a duel US/Belgium national has a child in Germany and the mother wants child support10/23/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: What will happen if a duel US/Belgium national has a child in Germany and the mother wants child ...   A: The applicable law for child support is German law because the child lives here. You can contact a ... custody10/23/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I am an umarried father from UK who regularily visits his child in Germany every 6/7 weeks. We lived ...   A: Mark: First, let me say I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. The short answer to ... American divorce decree in Germany10/22/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I was divorced with my German ex-wife back in February 2008. We both resided in Arizona USA during ...   A: In order to get the divorce decree acknowledged, one of you has to file a petition for ... U.S. Divorce Decree recognized in Germany?10/22/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I was divorced with my German ex-wife back in February 2008. We both resided in Arizona USA during ...   A: You need to register the divorce in Germany in order to make the divorce valid. You can also enforce ... child custody/support10/21/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I have joint custody of my son with my ex(Active duty member)I am a civilian(us citizen) married to ...   A: You can file for permanent sole custody in Germany as long as you are living in Germany. The ... maintenance10/20/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I am a UK citizen. I was married in 1999 to a Frenchman. We separated in 2003 and I went on to have ...   A: You will need to file for paternity and child support at the German court. My partner from Munich ... separation/divorce10/18/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: . we were married for less than 2 years, we separated after 23 months of marraige, we have a 20 ...   A: The child support claim does not depend on how long the marriage exists. Finishing a marriage to go ... probate10/18/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: Does a german "unbeschraenkter Erbschein " issued in germany override probate decisions in the event ...   A: The conflict of ontradicting decisions renderred in different jurisdictions is resolved by the fact ... child maintenance in Germany10/18/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I was serving in the british army in germany and married a german woman we have 1 child together. ...   A: To give you a correct answer I would need to know your net income. You can contact me at ... paternity and child support10/17/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: My husband is in the military and was stationed in Germany. He left Germany in 2005 and was ...   A: The test would have to carried out by an expert named by the court. Your lawyer would have to ... Child Maintenance10/17/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: The Dusseldorfer Table has age brackets(0-5, 6-11, etc). My husband currently pays according to the ...   A: The child´s substantive claim is calculated according to bthe Düsseldorfer Tabelle. The judgment ... visa issue10/15/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: my husband graduated from a german university and currently working in an IT company since 2 months ...   A: The answer to your question depends on the kind of residence permit which your husband obtained. If ... German divorce and inheritance10/14/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I have a general question about how marital assets are divided in a German divorce(2 German ...   A: In the event that German matrimonial law should apply to your case the gains which have been ... Child born in Germany10/13/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am currently stationed in Germany and I have given birth to my daughter just last week. The ...   A: You or the biological partner may file an action for a declaratory judgement regarding the ... Page:   Prev  |   19  |  20  |  21  |  22  |  23  | 24 

|  25  |  26  |  27  |  28   |  Next

All
Winfrid

Questions

Postby Spear » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:12 am

s SubjectDate AskedExpertchild suport11/19/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: My husband has been married to a German woman and they have two children together. Their divorce was ...   A: Your husband is obligated to pay child support according to the Duesseldorfer Tabelle because the ... German Divorce11/18/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: Turkish boyfriend is currently married to a German citizen and is living in Germany on a Schengen ...   A: Please be aware that the residence permit of your Turkish boyfriend might have ended already at the ... dual citizenship11/16/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: My wife(german with green card) wants to become a US citizen and retain her german citizenship as I ...   A: I am not an Immigration lawyer. Let her Employer or a friend with a company write a letter that they ... American military couple(husband) divorce11/14/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: Is it true that a German court cannot divide American retirement benefits? And if the judge decides ...   A: the German court can divide American retirement benefits(as long as it is not Army retirement). ... German inheritance to be received in the UK11/13/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: Herr Haarhaus guten tag. My wife and I have been married and living and working in the UK for the ...   A: I assume in the following that your wife is domiciled in the UK. Principally, even in this case ... Divorce w/ Denmark Marriage11/12/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am an American married to a German citizen and we got married in Denmark and both currently live ...   A: I can only advise on German law, not on American or Denish law: Before filing for a divorce the ... Child Support11/11/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: My daughter had a child with a man in the U.S. Army who then was stationed in Germany. His ...   A: Your daughter needs to obtain a child support decision in the US. Afterwards my partner from Munich ... how do you communicate a courts order to the person in question according to the 2007 eu law11/11/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am interested in sending from Greece to Germany, to a German citizen a Greek courts deicing ...   A: Well, as the furnishment of a document which has to do with a legal proceeding is an official act it ... Child support in Germany11/9/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I'm a German citizen living in London. I have a child with a former partner(not married), living ...   A: The higher costs of living can be factored in the calculation but your lawyer would need to claim ... Wills11/8/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: A few years before he died, my uncle, who was resident in Germany, asked my mother for the details ...   A: It is hard to find out if there was a will. If there was a will your aunt is obligated to give it to ... Power of Attonery Germany11/7/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I need to get power of attorney for my mum in Germany. How do i do it? She is ageing and needs ...   A: I would like to counter your question with my own: As you live on the other side of the world - are ... child maintenance11/6/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I was married to a German Lady and we had 2 children. They are now 7 and 8 years old. I pay child ...   A: According to German law it doesn't matter how much your ex-wife earns for the calculation of your ... GERMAN WILLS(INHERITANCE)11/3/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I'M A US CITIZEN AND MY UNCLE IS A GERMAN CITIZEN. I WAS TOLD YEARS AGO THAT I WAS IN MY UNCLES ...   A: Kraus: if you are named in your uncle's will, then you will certainly be notified upon his death. If ... US citizen has child with German citizen11/2/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I'm a US citizen and have had a child with a German citizen, we are not married. Does being the ...   A: I assume that the child was born and lives in Germany. In the event that you accepted your paternity ... alimony and child support11/1/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: i was married and divorced in germany. i now live in asia. the court divorce decision specified that ...   A: I'm sorry you were not satisfied with my answer, but the fact is that, since the child is located in ... Termination of alimony10/30/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I was divorced in Germany and has been receiving child support fir our two kids and alimony. My kids ...   A: As he remains the father of the children he is still liable for child support. The new spouse does ... Custody / Maintenance10/30/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: my brother is an Australian Citizen and his ex-girlfriend is a German citizen. They split on bad ...   A: yes, if the mother puts your brother's name on the birth certificate in Germany(and even if he is ... German Emancipation10/29/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: My husband's daughter turned 18 June 1,09. She has been working at a hotel full time. She has not ...   A: Lori: if your husband supported her during her traineeship for the hotel job then he may not be ... us/ german divorce10/28/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am hoping that you can give me a general idea of how to divorce a German citizen, I am a us ...   A: You need a divorce jdgement renderred by a court. As there is a German citizen is invloved a ... I want to seperate from my wife10/28/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am Tanzanian,living in Nürnberg. I married to a Germany woman 12.04.2004. Til now we have no ...   A: In case of the separation of spouses(not divorce) the residence permit of the foreign spouse ... custody10/28/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: My son has two children with a German girl, they are not married, They lived as a family in England ...   A: Unless he accepted his paternity by notarial deed or at the child welfare office your son is not ... Prenuptial agreement10/27/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: Could you recommend me please about several notary public(a qulified impartial lawyer) lawyers, not ...   A: They cost all the same. For fnding a notary public in Munich, you can use the online search of the ... International Prenuptial Agreements; Independent residence; Divorce10/27/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am Israeli citizen; I’m currently living in Germany. My boyfriend is German and we intend to get ...   A: You will be able to prolong the visa indefinetly. You can work but need not to. Independent ... From what countries is it easy for German women to get child support enforced10/27/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: From what countries is it easy for German women to get child support enforced if the father will not ...   A: Here is a list of the 65 countries that signed the UN Convention on the recovery abroad of ... prenuptial agreements under German law.10/26/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am a American and have been dating my German boyfriend for two years. In July of 2008 I quit my ...   A: Prenuptial agreements are quite common in Germany. It is a reasonable measure of asset protection if ... Kindergeld10/25/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I am both a U.S. citizen and a German citizen. I lived in Germany for three years from the age of 15 ...   A: Nicole: thanks for the question. Am I correct to assume that your mother still resides in Germany ... What will happen if a duel US/Belgium national has a child in Germany and the mother wants child support10/23/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: What will happen if a duel US/Belgium national has a child in Germany and the mother wants child ...   A: The applicable law for child support is German law because the child lives here. You can contact a ... custody10/23/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I am an umarried father from UK who regularily visits his child in Germany every 6/7 weeks. We lived ...   A: Mark: First, let me say I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. The short answer to ... American divorce decree in Germany10/22/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I was divorced with my German ex-wife back in February 2008. We both resided in Arizona USA during ...   A: In order to get the divorce decree acknowledged, one of you has to file a petition for ... U.S. Divorce Decree recognized in Germany?10/22/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I was divorced with my German ex-wife back in February 2008. We both resided in Arizona USA during ...   A: You need to register the divorce in Germany in order to make the divorce valid. You can also enforce ... child custody/support10/21/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I have joint custody of my son with my ex(Active duty member)I am a civilian(us citizen) married to ...   A: You can file for permanent sole custody in Germany as long as you are living in Germany. The ... maintenance10/20/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I am a UK citizen. I was married in 1999 to a Frenchman. We separated in 2003 and I went on to have ...   A: You will need to file for paternity and child support at the German court. My partner from Munich ... separation/divorce10/18/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: . we were married for less than 2 years, we separated after 23 months of marraige, we have a 20 ...   A: The child support claim does not depend on how long the marriage exists. Finishing a marriage to go ... probate10/18/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: Does a german "unbeschraenkter Erbschein " issued in germany override probate decisions in the event ...   A: The conflict of ontradicting decisions renderred in different jurisdictions is resolved by the fact ... child maintenance in Germany10/18/2009Carolin Schulz-Burgess  Q: I was serving in the british army in germany and married a german woman we have 1 child together. ...   A: To give you a correct answer I would need to know your net income. You can contact me at ... paternity and child support10/17/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: My husband is in the military and was stationed in Germany. He left Germany in 2005 and was ...   A: The test would have to carried out by an expert named by the court. Your lawyer would have to ... Child Maintenance10/17/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: The Dusseldorfer Table has age brackets(0-5, 6-11, etc). My husband currently pays according to the ...   A: The child´s substantive claim is calculated according to bthe Düsseldorfer Tabelle. The judgment ... visa issue10/15/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: my husband graduated from a german university and currently working in an IT company since 2 months ...   A: The answer to your question depends on the kind of residence permit which your husband obtained. If ... German divorce and inheritance10/14/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I have a general question about how marital assets are divided in a German divorce(2 German ...   A: In the event that German matrimonial law should apply to your case the gains which have been ... Child born in Germany10/13/2009Henning Haarhaus  Q: I am currently stationed in Germany and I have given birth to my daughter just last week. The ...   A: You or the biological partner may file an action for a declaratory judgement regarding the ... Page:   Prev  |   23  |  24  |  25  |  26  |  27  | 28 

|  29  |  30  |  31  |  32   |  Next

All
Spear

Return to Immigration Law