Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Questions

Defamation Law Discussion Forum

Questions

Postby Eker » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:19 pm

s SubjectDate AskedExpertuse of tax payers money3/7/2010Michael Troy  Q: can a church rent or lease thier property with tax payers money   A: Generally speaking, Courts have found that Churches and government may do business with each other ... separation of church and state10/29/2009Dean Gade  Q: I'm sorry the questions pertain to "separation of church and state." Please let me send another ...   A: There is a great deal of difference in people's views on the Constitution and Bill of Rights ... separation of church and state10/29/2009Michael Troy  Q: Given the state of affairs with religion in the colonies prior to drafting the First Amendment, and ...   A: At the time very little would have changed. Many argued the clause was irrelevant because the ... mormons9/17/2009Michael Troy  Q: Is it true that in the late 1970's the Mormon church was being sued for discrimination(no blacks ...   A: The very early LDS Church did allow black priests, but in 1848, the Mormons decreed that blacks, who ... potential case favoring separationism?6/17/2009Ed Buckner  Q: I would like to know if "God Help the Outcasts," from the Disney movie "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" ...   A: I am an Atheist, I generally dislike sappy Disney music, I suspect that if I knew more about "God ... School Law6/10/2009Michael Troy  Q: I am working on a paper regarding school law pertaining to church and state issues. Can you give me ...   A: This site gives a good summary of key cases: http://candst.tripod.com/tableidx.htm You may also ... florida school attendance law4/29/2009Michael Troy  Q: as Mennonites in the state of Florida our question is: can the state of Fl. compel us to send our ...   A: Please keep in mind that I am not allowed to provide specific legal advice in this forum. However, ... case2/7/2009Michael Troy  Q: this is a sample case on political science.. boyet became a member of a certain religion. he was ...   A: I cannot do a whole legal document with citations here, but generally speaking, courts respect a ... Rights and Liberties11/23/2008Ed Buckner  Q: I have enjoyed reading your answers to some previous questions and your thoughtful repsonses. My ...   A: As an Atheist, I don't think there is a creator--or at least not a Creator--from whom anything could ... Founding Fathers8/29/2008Dean Gade  Q: Did our founding Fathers really believe in democracy as an effort form of government or wether they ...   A: Our founding fathers believed that a democracy would be the best alternative to all other forms of ... Prayer in school7/25/2008Ed Buckner  Q: How would you respond to the argument that taking prayer out of the schools leads to incidents like ...   A: I'd respond that it makes no sense at all to believe that taking government-sposnored prayer out of ... Prayer in school7/25/2008Dean Gade  Q: How would you respond to the argument that taking prayer out of the schools leads to incidents like ...   A: The goal of taking prayer out of public schools is to get God out of the lives of people..... ... How is doctrinal defamation Ok??6/6/2008Dean Gade  Q: I am just curious as I am studying law and ethics and found that a certain religion promote and ...   A: The purpose of excommunication is not defamation. The purpose of excommunication is to "win back" a ... church and state5/26/2008Ed Buckner  Q: Ed, I am writing a paper for an American government class. We are writing about the first and second ...   A: Separation of church and state controversies swirl around almost constantly, largely because ... Could this be a Supreme Court Case?5/3/2008Ed Buckner  Q: If a church has established what offenses warrent expulsion but has not made a provision for one who ...   A: I'm no attorney, but it seems quite unlikely to me that the courts or the legal system at all would ... Is a church legally bound to allow exit with dignity?4/30/2008Michael Troy  Q: Now just one more, please bear with me. Is there any law that compels all churches upon request, ...   A: If a church made some statement that clearly indicated a person committed a particular sin, which ... Organized Religious Harm Protected by the Constitution????4/29/2008Michael Troy  Q: Do you have any suggestions about When and how are churches libel, and held accountable in their ...   A: Churches are free to be unfair to members, run things in an unfair way, etc. Church members are, of ... Is religion untouchable when violating human rights?4/29/2008Ed Buckner  Q: When and how are churches libel, and held accountable in their internal operations for abuse of ...   A: Churches are indeed free--arguably more than is reasonable--to abuse their power without any kind of ... Not Forwarned of Penalty before membership4/28/2008Michael Troy  Q: Is it legal to forbid church members to speak to former church members under penalty of expulsion?   A: The First Amendment ensures that government does not involve itself in the internal administration ... Founding Fathers' Statements on Seperation of Church and State4/22/2008Dean Gade  Q: Mr. Gade, I am currently enrolled in Pattonville High school and am charged with writing a research ...   A: Thomas Jefferson is about the only one who used terms which could be interpreted as "separation of ... The Founding Fathers' Stance on Separation of Church and States4/21/2008Ed Buckner  Q: Dr. Buckner, I am currently enrolled at Pattonville High School in St. Louis, Missouri and am ...   A:(Send it, please, to [email protected] --I look forward to it.) It would quite literally take a book ... Comparative Religion Courses in GA Public Schools4/11/2008Ed Buckner  Q: What are the likely legal ramifications of the new Old Testament and New Testament Bible Courses ...   A: The likely legal ramifications depend heavily on the almost-impossible-to-do-right execution of the ... Comparative Religion Courses in GA Public Schools4/11/2008Michael Troy  Q: What are the likely legal ramifications of the new Old Testament and New Testament Bible Courses ...   A: I cannot provide specific legal advice, but generally speaking, a public school can offer classes ... What is wrong with this?2/10/2008Ed Buckner  Q: My question is what is the harm in having the Ten Commandments posted in government buildings, or ...   A: The threat--a real one--is to everyone's religious liberty, not just to the liberty of atheists or ... Slander from church members1/31/2008Michael Troy  Q: I live in Michigan and my family has been slandered by members of a church in front of the ...   A: A person who makes slanderous remarks could be sued. It would be much harder to make a case against ... Turn the Radio off!1/29/2008Dean Gade  Q: I was listening to my radio which of course was tuned to a local Christian station. An employee came ...   A: The First Amendment guarantees your right to freedom of speech and freedom of religion. The only ... Interstate Telephone Harassment from Church of Scientology1/28/2008Ed Buckner  Q: we have received over 100 calls from the Church of Scientology over the past 3 months. Mostly from ...   A: First, let me extend my sympathy. Any individual or organzation that persists in calling someone(or ... Is this unconstitutional?12/26/2007Ed Buckner  Q: I do not know whether or not this is within your range of expertise but I thought I would give it a ...   A: The courts have given mixed messages on this topic and I'm unsure what the latest is, so I guess my ... What about human rights and constitutional infringements?12/17/2007Ed Buckner  Q: and this question builds on that. If in fact "physical assualt" and "murder" are thankfully not ...   A: " I certainly do think that human rights, individual rights, should be superior to an ... What about human rights infringements?12/17/2007Michael Troy  Q: and this question builds on that. If in fact "physical assualt" and "murder" are thankfully not ...   A: I cannot really provide specific legal advice on an actual case in this forum. I can say that a ... Eclessiastical priviledge or means to an end?12/13/2007Michael Troy  Q: THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY TO GET ANYWHERE WITH WATCHTOWER OF THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WHERE ...   A: First let me admit that I know rather little about the Jehovah's Witnesses. However, the government ... Eclessiastical priviledge or means to an end?12/13/2007Ed Buckner  Q: THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY TO GET ANYWHERE WITH WATCHTOWER OF THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WHERE ...   A: I'm very sorry to say that I doubt if you have any recourse other than to leave the organization and ... Eclessiastical priviledge or means to an end?12/13/2007Dean Gade  Q: THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY TO GET ANYWHERE WITH WATCHTOWER OF THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WHERE ...   A: According to God's Word, those who are a part of God's kingdom in Christ are to be the final ... Are Christmas Treets12/5/2007Michael Troy  Q: Are chritmas treets and other religious object are on violation of the constitution of separation of ...   A: First, of course, private ownership or display of such things raise no Constitutional issue. It is ... work and religion11/30/2007Michael Troy  Q: i want to know is there anything i can do about a certain situation i am facing at work? i am a 22 ...   A: I am not permitted to provide specific legal advice in this forum. However, generally speaking ... Religion Required in Office10/16/2007Ed Buckner  Q: I've looked around the internet but do not find this situation addressed: I work in a private ...   A: In my personal opinion, freedom of religion is meaningless unless it includes--for those of us who ... church profits9/3/2007Ed Buckner  Q: Are megachurches exempt from paying taxes? Do pastors not have to take a vow of poverty? And how ...   A: Mr. Clark, I am in wholehearted agreement with what I take to be the implications of your question ... seperation of church and state and the 14th amendment8/9/2007Michael Troy  Q: I am currently doing a research paper about church and state and keep finding information about how ...   A: It sounds like you have stumbled across a fairly complex legal situation. It is particularly ... Religion at work3/7/2007Michael Troy  Q: I work at a theatre for young audiences. After a recent performance of Noah's Ark, I was handling ...   A: Sorry to hear about your situation. There are certainly no legal prohibitions to stating anything ... abusing people in a religious organization is legal?1/14/2007Ed Buckner  Q: Please tell me if this is legal?(I'm sorry this is long, but I must explain everything) I had ...   A: In all honesty, Tina, this is not an area I have expertise in--but it sounds like a miserable ... Page:  

|  2   |  Next

All
Eker

Questions

Postby Daimhin » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:29 am

s SubjectDate AskedExpertUnconstitutional?2/11/2015Michael Troy  Q: I understand that some states continue to require public officials to swear "under God" before ...   A: No public official can be required to swear using the term "under God" in order to take office. You ... use of tax payers money3/7/2010Michael Troy  Q: can a church rent or lease thier property with tax payers money   A: Generally speaking, Courts have found that Churches and government may do business with each other ... separation of church and state10/29/2009Dean Gade  Q: I'm sorry the questions pertain to "separation of church and state." Please let me send another ...   A: There is a great deal of difference in people's views on the Constitution and Bill of Rights ... separation of church and state10/29/2009Michael Troy  Q: Given the state of affairs with religion in the colonies prior to drafting the First Amendment, and ...   A: At the time very little would have changed. Many argued the clause was irrelevant because the ... mormons9/17/2009Michael Troy  Q: Is it true that in the late 1970's the Mormon church was being sued for discrimination(no blacks ...   A: The very early LDS Church did allow black priests, but in 1848, the Mormons decreed that blacks, who ... potential case favoring separationism?6/17/2009Ed Buckner  Q: I would like to know if "God Help the Outcasts," from the Disney movie "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" ...   A: I am an Atheist, I generally dislike sappy Disney music, I suspect that if I knew more about "God ... School Law6/10/2009Michael Troy  Q: I am working on a paper regarding school law pertaining to church and state issues. Can you give me ...   A: This site gives a good summary of key cases: http://candst.tripod.com/tableidx.htm You may also ... florida school attendance law4/29/2009Michael Troy  Q: as Mennonites in the state of Florida our question is: can the state of Fl. compel us to send our ...   A: Please keep in mind that I am not allowed to provide specific legal advice in this forum. However, ... case2/7/2009Michael Troy  Q: this is a sample case on political science.. boyet became a member of a certain religion. he was ...   A: I cannot do a whole legal document with citations here, but generally speaking, courts respect a ... Rights and Liberties11/23/2008Ed Buckner  Q: I have enjoyed reading your answers to some previous questions and your thoughtful repsonses. My ...   A: As an Atheist, I don't think there is a creator--or at least not a Creator--from whom anything could ... Founding Fathers8/29/2008Dean Gade  Q: Did our founding Fathers really believe in democracy as an effort form of government or wether they ...   A: Our founding fathers believed that a democracy would be the best alternative to all other forms of ... Prayer in school7/25/2008Ed Buckner  Q: How would you respond to the argument that taking prayer out of the schools leads to incidents like ...   A: I'd respond that it makes no sense at all to believe that taking government-sposnored prayer out of ... Prayer in school7/25/2008Dean Gade  Q: How would you respond to the argument that taking prayer out of the schools leads to incidents like ...   A: The goal of taking prayer out of public schools is to get God out of the lives of people..... ... How is doctrinal defamation Ok??6/6/2008Dean Gade  Q: I am just curious as I am studying law and ethics and found that a certain religion promote and ...   A: The purpose of excommunication is not defamation. The purpose of excommunication is to "win back" a ... church and state5/26/2008Ed Buckner  Q: Ed, I am writing a paper for an American government class. We are writing about the first and second ...   A: Separation of church and state controversies swirl around almost constantly, largely because ... Could this be a Supreme Court Case?5/3/2008Ed Buckner  Q: If a church has established what offenses warrent expulsion but has not made a provision for one who ...   A: I'm no attorney, but it seems quite unlikely to me that the courts or the legal system at all would ... Is a church legally bound to allow exit with dignity?4/30/2008Michael Troy  Q: Now just one more, please bear with me. Is there any law that compels all churches upon request, ...   A: If a church made some statement that clearly indicated a person committed a particular sin, which ... Organized Religious Harm Protected by the Constitution????4/29/2008Michael Troy  Q: Do you have any suggestions about When and how are churches libel, and held accountable in their ...   A: Churches are free to be unfair to members, run things in an unfair way, etc. Church members are, of ... Is religion untouchable when violating human rights?4/29/2008Ed Buckner  Q: When and how are churches libel, and held accountable in their internal operations for abuse of ...   A: Churches are indeed free--arguably more than is reasonable--to abuse their power without any kind of ... Not Forwarned of Penalty before membership4/28/2008Michael Troy  Q: Is it legal to forbid church members to speak to former church members under penalty of expulsion?   A: The First Amendment ensures that government does not involve itself in the internal administration ... Founding Fathers' Statements on Seperation of Church and State4/22/2008Dean Gade  Q: Mr. Gade, I am currently enrolled in Pattonville High school and am charged with writing a research ...   A: Thomas Jefferson is about the only one who used terms which could be interpreted as "separation of ... The Founding Fathers' Stance on Separation of Church and States4/21/2008Ed Buckner  Q: Dr. Buckner, I am currently enrolled at Pattonville High School in St. Louis, Missouri and am ...   A:(Send it, please, to [email protected] --I look forward to it.) It would quite literally take a book ... Comparative Religion Courses in GA Public Schools4/11/2008Ed Buckner  Q: What are the likely legal ramifications of the new Old Testament and New Testament Bible Courses ...   A: The likely legal ramifications depend heavily on the almost-impossible-to-do-right execution of the ... Comparative Religion Courses in GA Public Schools4/11/2008Michael Troy  Q: What are the likely legal ramifications of the new Old Testament and New Testament Bible Courses ...   A: I cannot provide specific legal advice, but generally speaking, a public school can offer classes ... What is wrong with this?2/10/2008Ed Buckner  Q: My question is what is the harm in having the Ten Commandments posted in government buildings, or ...   A: The threat--a real one--is to everyone's religious liberty, not just to the liberty of atheists or ... Slander from church members1/31/2008Michael Troy  Q: I live in Michigan and my family has been slandered by members of a church in front of the ...   A: A person who makes slanderous remarks could be sued. It would be much harder to make a case against ... Turn the Radio off!1/29/2008Dean Gade  Q: I was listening to my radio which of course was tuned to a local Christian station. An employee came ...   A: The First Amendment guarantees your right to freedom of speech and freedom of religion. The only ... Interstate Telephone Harassment from Church of Scientology1/28/2008Ed Buckner  Q: we have received over 100 calls from the Church of Scientology over the past 3 months. Mostly from ...   A: First, let me extend my sympathy. Any individual or organzation that persists in calling someone(or ... Is this unconstitutional?12/26/2007Ed Buckner  Q: I do not know whether or not this is within your range of expertise but I thought I would give it a ...   A: The courts have given mixed messages on this topic and I'm unsure what the latest is, so I guess my ... What about human rights and constitutional infringements?12/17/2007Ed Buckner  Q: and this question builds on that. If in fact "physical assualt" and "murder" are thankfully not ...   A: " I certainly do think that human rights, individual rights, should be superior to an ... What about human rights infringements?12/17/2007Michael Troy  Q: and this question builds on that. If in fact "physical assualt" and "murder" are thankfully not ...   A: I cannot really provide specific legal advice on an actual case in this forum. I can say that a ... Eclessiastical priviledge or means to an end?12/13/2007Michael Troy  Q: THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY TO GET ANYWHERE WITH WATCHTOWER OF THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WHERE ...   A: First let me admit that I know rather little about the Jehovah's Witnesses. However, the government ... Eclessiastical priviledge or means to an end?12/13/2007Ed Buckner  Q: THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY TO GET ANYWHERE WITH WATCHTOWER OF THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WHERE ...   A: I'm very sorry to say that I doubt if you have any recourse other than to leave the organization and ... Eclessiastical priviledge or means to an end?12/13/2007Dean Gade  Q: THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY TO GET ANYWHERE WITH WATCHTOWER OF THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WHERE ...   A: According to God's Word, those who are a part of God's kingdom in Christ are to be the final ... Are Christmas Treets12/5/2007Michael Troy  Q: Are chritmas treets and other religious object are on violation of the constitution of separation of ...   A: First, of course, private ownership or display of such things raise no Constitutional issue. It is ... work and religion11/30/2007Michael Troy  Q: i want to know is there anything i can do about a certain situation i am facing at work? i am a 22 ...   A: I am not permitted to provide specific legal advice in this forum. However, generally speaking ... Religion Required in Office10/16/2007Ed Buckner  Q: I've looked around the internet but do not find this situation addressed: I work in a private ...   A: In my personal opinion, freedom of religion is meaningless unless it includes--for those of us who ... church profits9/3/2007Ed Buckner  Q: Are megachurches exempt from paying taxes? Do pastors not have to take a vow of poverty? And how ...   A: Mr. Clark, I am in wholehearted agreement with what I take to be the implications of your question ... seperation of church and state and the 14th amendment8/9/2007Michael Troy  Q: I am currently doing a research paper about church and state and keep finding information about how ...   A: It sounds like you have stumbled across a fairly complex legal situation. It is particularly ... Religion at work3/7/2007Michael Troy  Q: I work at a theatre for young audiences. After a recent performance of Noah's Ark, I was handling ...   A: Sorry to hear about your situation. There are certainly no legal prohibitions to stating anything ... Page:  

|  2   |  Next

All
Daimhin

Return to Defamation Law