Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Questions

The law of the sea.

Questions

Postby Tahbert » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:29 pm

s SubjectDate AskedExpertVintage Low(Schatz) Ships Bell Clock Striking Issue12/3/2013Michael Radi  Q: Is the fine wire supposed to be on the right or left of the pin ?   A: Hmm, I'm not 100% sure. It's been several years since I worked on one of these. I thought it was on ... Vintage Low(Schatz) Ships Bell Clock Striking Issue12/3/2013Michael Radi  Q: I just purchased a Vintage Low(with Schatz movement) Admiralty 7 jewel Ships Bell Clock, and it's ...   A: Shatz changed the strike set up at least once so I'm not sure what movement you have. You will need ... Hermle Quartz 211511/30/2013Michael Radi  Q: Imposible to make mine run.Need to purchase new machine.WHERE??   A: Hermle discontinued some of their quartz movements and I'm not sure if yours is still made. There ... Service or Rebuild11/28/2013John Newman  Q: I have a Emperor 120 clock, with a Emperor/Jauch 77 movement, that I built from a kit in 1974! It ...   A: Carl, a mechanical clock movement, like a car, requires periodic service to keep it running. The ... Grandfather Clock11/25/2013John Newman  Q: I have been given a Grandfather Clock made by the Diplomat Clock Company, Model 1000-1M. I was ...   A: Todd, given the model number of your clock, I cannot give you too much information, as Diplomat did ... Setting chime with correct hour11/25/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: I have a Howard Miller model 622-238 with a Franz Hermie movement 141-030K1. It is key wound with a ...   A: Ahhh, finally an easy fix. Some of these questions are harder than others to explain. -Count the ... clock movement11/23/2013John Newman  Q: 180 model 4895 serial#67854 the movement doesn't have a maker there are numbers uw/15A or88583 ...   A: Kevin, I apologize for the delay in my answer. I had misplaced my Urgos spec information and had ... buy new or used works11/22/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: We have a Barwick grandfather clock(Howard Miller). It is 39 years old and has quit chiming. It ...   A: Who would be putting this movement in the case? Who is doing the repair? Where did this used ... movement for Howard Miller Model #620-21811/21/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: I have a large Howard Miller wall clock in my office. The movement was no longer strong enough to ...   A: You should contact the person you bought the movement from and inform him/her that the part isn't ... Turn Chimes Off A Tempus Fugit11/20/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: My sister in-law has a Tempus Fugit grandfather clock and would like the chimes off. It's a No.2404# ...   A: Do you wind this clock with a key? Does it have weights? If it doesn't have weights you can just ... Hamilton Mantle Clock11/20/2013Kenneth Saunders  Q: I have a Hamilton Mantle clock(76) twc 2 jewels unadjusted 1050-020. It has the moon above the ...   A: back of mechanism has 3 external gears - loosen the set screws on the top one and turn till uopu get ... Waltham Chime clock11/20/2013John Newman  Q: This clock has 2 wind up keys. Both the chime and the time are okay....except the time runs ...   A: Larry, without further description of your clock I don't know whether it was manufactured by the ... perivale mantel clock11/18/2013John Newman  Q: I found a Perivale Mantel Clock in a junk shop. It has 3 winding key holes, it sounds like a ...   A: Danny. It's always good to find a clock such as yours at a "junk shop"! I had a Perivale mantel ... the hands do not move11/15/2013John Newman  Q: the weights are at the top of the weight box, the pendulum swings, but the hands remain in one ...   A: Robert, I would need more information. I need to know any information on the type of clock, ... Howard Miller Ball Clock Parts11/14/2013John Newman  Q: I have a Howard Miller wall ball clock with black balls. I am looking for two rods and black balls ...   A: Perry, if this is the modern electric or battery powered clock, these types were probably made by ... following up on previous questions11/13/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: Bellotti, I took your advice and purchased a new movement(Hemle 350-060)for my Seth Thomas. The ...   A: Congratulations on your purchase and set up. I hope you didn't have too much trouble aligning the ... Hermle 1171-890 -114CM 9 tube chime train gears11/11/2013John Newman  Q: I have cleaned this movement several years ago. I am having trouble with the chime gear train. The ...   A: Frank, my illustrated parts manual does not include the -890, so I cannot reference the parts right ... Howard Miller grandfather clock11/9/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: While on vacation, my clock ran down, upon returning I attempted to reset time, and now it will not ...   A: This is an important question. Chiming or striking the hour? Which weight is going to the bottom? ... franz hermle 130-070 running slow11/8/2013John Newman  Q: John We have a clock(purchased originally by my late mother-in-law) which contains a Franz Hermie ...   A: Chris, the Hermle movement you have has what is called the floating balance regulator. You are ... grand father clocl11/6/2013John Newman  Q: When I pulled the chains to lift the weights, the right hand side went up too far. The other two ...   A: Raymond, it is a good practice to pull the chains until the weight tops are near the top of the ... Winding Key11/4/2013Michael Radi  Q: I inherited a Hamilton Wheatland Mantle clock and it is missing the winding key. The following is on ...   A: Your clock uses a number 7 key(Swiss size) for a 4.00mm shaft. You can use the drop down menu to ... hermle movement issue11/3/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: It is appreciated. I have an early 1970's Seth Thomas mantle clock(Legacy IV, 8 day key wound) ...   A: These clock springs often break from the outer end piece. This one area that I always check when ... Ethan Allen grandmother clock10/29/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: I purchased an Ethan Allen grandmother clock/Tempus Fugit in 1974. It is model 08-3804, Movement E, ...   A: If you grandmother clock has been running all these years your stopping problems could be because ... Linder 31day key wound regulator wall clock10/29/2013John Newman  Q: I bought this clock at a garage sale. It is in good condition but not sure how to get it to work. It ...   A: Sherrie, I can only tell you how to start it if everything is in order. I will also copy you on ... Diplomat Clock question10/29/2013John Newman  Q: I have a diplomat clock that I picked up from an Auction everything seems to work fine on it except ...   A: Roy, let me rephrase this a little to help you. Looking from the back of the clock, you are correct ... Re: Warner Instrument Co. Ships Clock10/22/2013John Newman  Q: I recently acquired what I believe is a ships clock. On the Arabic dial the clock is marked just ...   A: Mark, I apologize for the delay in my answer. I was on vacation and decided not to put myself on ... Grandfather clock by Diplomat Clock Company10/19/2013John Newman  Q: We have a cable-drive triple chime grandfather clock. Model can be 1200, 1250, 1275, 1450 and 1475 ...   A: John, Diplomat, as with many clock companies, identified their movements with their own numbers and ... Loben Grandfather clock w Tezuka J movement10/18/2013John Newman  Q: I am working on a Loben Grandfather clock with a Tezuka J movement. A few pieces are missing, such ...   A: Scott, I apologize for my delayed answer. I am on vacation and decided not to go on Allexperts ... Building Clocks10/17/2013John Newman  Q: Are there certain blue prints one should follow when creating a clock that meets the standard of ...   A: James, I apologize for not getting back with you sooner. I am on vacation but did not put myself on ... Hamilton grandfather clock #1151-05010/16/2013Michael Radi  Q: I have bought a used grandfather clock and can't get it to run. So far I have checked to make sure ...   A: It's very difficult to diagnose from here. I would take the pendulum off and move the pendulum ... Daneker The President Pendulum Assembly10/15/2013John Newman  Q: John- Do you have a diagram or a link to a diagram or photo of the pendulum assembly for this clock ...   A: John, there should be a hanger(strap about 5" long) attached to the suspension spring. Look in the ... HM Movement 155 Model 610-11010/15/2013John Newman  Q: I have a Howard Miller Movement 155 Model 610-110 with two rods missing from the chime. One of the ...   A: Brian, the tapered part of the rod is cast into a threaded plug that is screwed into the cast iron ... Hermie 341 02010/14/2013John Newman  Q: It appears to be in good shape and nothing appears to be broken. I can't seem to keep it running. It ...   A: Joe, it could be that the pendulum verge has slipped and it is out of beat. I will copy you on the ... GE Bell Clock10/11/2013Michael Radi  Q: General Electric Ship's Bell Clock Model 6B06, theGloucester Circa 1939 7-7/8" H, 17-3/4" W and ...   A: Someone will need to inspect the clock to find out what is causing the thud. I don't know if the ... Howard Miller grandfather10/9/2013John Newman  Q: Model #610-185 Serial # 03600408. Givin to my mother for 43 years of service at the phone company. I ...   A: William, the Tempus Fugit is Latin for "Time Flies". It is customarily placed on a globe on an arch ... Centurion Model 694KC10/7/2013Kenneth Saunders  Q: I have a friend who thinks I can fix anything, lol. So he brought a Korean made Centurion 35 day ...   A: not overwound unless the spring is obviously broken does it tick for 2 minutes -is the tick even ... Ridgeway Grandmother Clock10/5/2013John Newman  Q: I recently purchased the contents of a house, which included a Grandmother Clock. It is similar to ...   A: Jack, Ridgeway was bought out by Howard Miller in 2005. They still produce a line of Ridgeway ... 31 day chime grandmother clock10/4/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: When I started my clock after being in storage for more than a year everything seems running fine ...   A: -Move the minute hand to the next hour(minute hand on 12). -Count the amount of strikes. -Without ... Franz Hermle 1050-02010/4/2013John Newman  Q: This clock sticks 12 minutes before the strike time. It keeps correct time, but the striking is off. ...   A: Scott, I don't quite understand the 2 part question. The first parts indicates the clocks "sticks" ... Tempus fugit clock10/3/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: I'm having trouble finding the value on this particular clock that was given to me. It's battery ...   A: Tempus Fugit means "Time Flees." Your clock has a battery movement which means it is not a true ... Page:   Prev  |  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  | 8 

|  9  |  10   |  Next
Tahbert

Questions

Postby adusa37 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:35 am

s SubjectDate AskedExpertVintage Low(Schatz) Ships Bell Clock Striking Issue12/3/2013Michael Radi  Q: Is the fine wire supposed to be on the right or left of the pin ?   A: Hmm, I'm not 100% sure. It's been several years since I worked on one of these. I thought it was on ... Vintage Low(Schatz) Ships Bell Clock Striking Issue12/3/2013Michael Radi  Q: I just purchased a Vintage Low(with Schatz movement) Admiralty 7 jewel Ships Bell Clock, and it's ...   A: Shatz changed the strike set up at least once so I'm not sure what movement you have. You will need ... Hermle Quartz 211511/30/2013Michael Radi  Q: Imposible to make mine run.Need to purchase new machine.WHERE??   A: Hermle discontinued some of their quartz movements and I'm not sure if yours is still made. There ... Service or Rebuild11/28/2013John Newman  Q: I have a Emperor 120 clock, with a Emperor/Jauch 77 movement, that I built from a kit in 1974! It ...   A: Carl, a mechanical clock movement, like a car, requires periodic service to keep it running. The ... Grandfather Clock11/25/2013John Newman  Q: I have been given a Grandfather Clock made by the Diplomat Clock Company, Model 1000-1M. I was ...   A: Todd, given the model number of your clock, I cannot give you too much information, as Diplomat did ... Setting chime with correct hour11/25/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: I have a Howard Miller model 622-238 with a Franz Hermie movement 141-030K1. It is key wound with a ...   A: Ahhh, finally an easy fix. Some of these questions are harder than others to explain. -Count the ... clock movement11/23/2013John Newman  Q: 180 model 4895 serial#67854 the movement doesn't have a maker there are numbers uw/15A or88583 ...   A: Kevin, I apologize for the delay in my answer. I had misplaced my Urgos spec information and had ... buy new or used works11/22/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: We have a Barwick grandfather clock(Howard Miller). It is 39 years old and has quit chiming. It ...   A: Who would be putting this movement in the case? Who is doing the repair? Where did this used ... movement for Howard Miller Model #620-21811/21/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: I have a large Howard Miller wall clock in my office. The movement was no longer strong enough to ...   A: You should contact the person you bought the movement from and inform him/her that the part isn't ... Turn Chimes Off A Tempus Fugit11/20/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: My sister in-law has a Tempus Fugit grandfather clock and would like the chimes off. It's a No.2404# ...   A: Do you wind this clock with a key? Does it have weights? If it doesn't have weights you can just ... Hamilton Mantle Clock11/20/2013Kenneth Saunders  Q: I have a Hamilton Mantle clock(76) twc 2 jewels unadjusted 1050-020. It has the moon above the ...   A: back of mechanism has 3 external gears - loosen the set screws on the top one and turn till uopu get ... Waltham Chime clock11/20/2013John Newman  Q: This clock has 2 wind up keys. Both the chime and the time are okay....except the time runs ...   A: Larry, without further description of your clock I don't know whether it was manufactured by the ... perivale mantel clock11/18/2013John Newman  Q: I found a Perivale Mantel Clock in a junk shop. It has 3 winding key holes, it sounds like a ...   A: Danny. It's always good to find a clock such as yours at a "junk shop"! I had a Perivale mantel ... the hands do not move11/15/2013John Newman  Q: the weights are at the top of the weight box, the pendulum swings, but the hands remain in one ...   A: Robert, I would need more information. I need to know any information on the type of clock, ... Howard Miller Ball Clock Parts11/14/2013John Newman  Q: I have a Howard Miller wall ball clock with black balls. I am looking for two rods and black balls ...   A: Perry, if this is the modern electric or battery powered clock, these types were probably made by ... following up on previous questions11/13/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: Bellotti, I took your advice and purchased a new movement(Hemle 350-060)for my Seth Thomas. The ...   A: Congratulations on your purchase and set up. I hope you didn't have too much trouble aligning the ... Hermle 1171-890 -114CM 9 tube chime train gears11/11/2013John Newman  Q: I have cleaned this movement several years ago. I am having trouble with the chime gear train. The ...   A: Frank, my illustrated parts manual does not include the -890, so I cannot reference the parts right ... Howard Miller grandfather clock11/9/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: While on vacation, my clock ran down, upon returning I attempted to reset time, and now it will not ...   A: This is an important question. Chiming or striking the hour? Which weight is going to the bottom? ... franz hermle 130-070 running slow11/8/2013John Newman  Q: John We have a clock(purchased originally by my late mother-in-law) which contains a Franz Hermie ...   A: Chris, the Hermle movement you have has what is called the floating balance regulator. You are ... grand father clocl11/6/2013John Newman  Q: When I pulled the chains to lift the weights, the right hand side went up too far. The other two ...   A: Raymond, it is a good practice to pull the chains until the weight tops are near the top of the ... Winding Key11/4/2013Michael Radi  Q: I inherited a Hamilton Wheatland Mantle clock and it is missing the winding key. The following is on ...   A: Your clock uses a number 7 key(Swiss size) for a 4.00mm shaft. You can use the drop down menu to ... hermle movement issue11/3/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: It is appreciated. I have an early 1970's Seth Thomas mantle clock(Legacy IV, 8 day key wound) ...   A: These clock springs often break from the outer end piece. This one area that I always check when ... Ethan Allen grandmother clock10/29/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: I purchased an Ethan Allen grandmother clock/Tempus Fugit in 1974. It is model 08-3804, Movement E, ...   A: If you grandmother clock has been running all these years your stopping problems could be because ... Linder 31day key wound regulator wall clock10/29/2013John Newman  Q: I bought this clock at a garage sale. It is in good condition but not sure how to get it to work. It ...   A: Sherrie, I can only tell you how to start it if everything is in order. I will also copy you on ... Diplomat Clock question10/29/2013John Newman  Q: I have a diplomat clock that I picked up from an Auction everything seems to work fine on it except ...   A: Roy, let me rephrase this a little to help you. Looking from the back of the clock, you are correct ... Re: Warner Instrument Co. Ships Clock10/22/2013John Newman  Q: I recently acquired what I believe is a ships clock. On the Arabic dial the clock is marked just ...   A: Mark, I apologize for the delay in my answer. I was on vacation and decided not to put myself on ... Grandfather clock by Diplomat Clock Company10/19/2013John Newman  Q: We have a cable-drive triple chime grandfather clock. Model can be 1200, 1250, 1275, 1450 and 1475 ...   A: John, Diplomat, as with many clock companies, identified their movements with their own numbers and ... Loben Grandfather clock w Tezuka J movement10/18/2013John Newman  Q: I am working on a Loben Grandfather clock with a Tezuka J movement. A few pieces are missing, such ...   A: Scott, I apologize for my delayed answer. I am on vacation and decided not to go on Allexperts ... Building Clocks10/17/2013John Newman  Q: Are there certain blue prints one should follow when creating a clock that meets the standard of ...   A: James, I apologize for not getting back with you sooner. I am on vacation but did not put myself on ... Hamilton grandfather clock #1151-05010/16/2013Michael Radi  Q: I have bought a used grandfather clock and can't get it to run. So far I have checked to make sure ...   A: It's very difficult to diagnose from here. I would take the pendulum off and move the pendulum ... Daneker The President Pendulum Assembly10/15/2013John Newman  Q: John- Do you have a diagram or a link to a diagram or photo of the pendulum assembly for this clock ...   A: John, there should be a hanger(strap about 5" long) attached to the suspension spring. Look in the ... HM Movement 155 Model 610-11010/15/2013John Newman  Q: I have a Howard Miller Movement 155 Model 610-110 with two rods missing from the chime. One of the ...   A: Brian, the tapered part of the rod is cast into a threaded plug that is screwed into the cast iron ... Hermie 341 02010/14/2013John Newman  Q: It appears to be in good shape and nothing appears to be broken. I can't seem to keep it running. It ...   A: Joe, it could be that the pendulum verge has slipped and it is out of beat. I will copy you on the ... GE Bell Clock10/11/2013Michael Radi  Q: General Electric Ship's Bell Clock Model 6B06, theGloucester Circa 1939 7-7/8" H, 17-3/4" W and ...   A: Someone will need to inspect the clock to find out what is causing the thud. I don't know if the ... Howard Miller grandfather10/9/2013John Newman  Q: Model #610-185 Serial # 03600408. Givin to my mother for 43 years of service at the phone company. I ...   A: William, the Tempus Fugit is Latin for "Time Flies". It is customarily placed on a globe on an arch ... Centurion Model 694KC10/7/2013Kenneth Saunders  Q: I have a friend who thinks I can fix anything, lol. So he brought a Korean made Centurion 35 day ...   A: not overwound unless the spring is obviously broken does it tick for 2 minutes -is the tick even ... Ridgeway Grandmother Clock10/5/2013John Newman  Q: I recently purchased the contents of a house, which included a Grandmother Clock. It is similar to ...   A: Jack, Ridgeway was bought out by Howard Miller in 2005. They still produce a line of Ridgeway ... 31 day chime grandmother clock10/4/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: When I started my clock after being in storage for more than a year everything seems running fine ...   A: -Move the minute hand to the next hour(minute hand on 12). -Count the amount of strikes. -Without ... Franz Hermle 1050-02010/4/2013John Newman  Q: This clock sticks 12 minutes before the strike time. It keeps correct time, but the striking is off. ...   A: Scott, I don't quite understand the 2 part question. The first parts indicates the clocks "sticks" ... Tempus fugit clock10/3/2013Marilyn Bellotti  Q: I'm having trouble finding the value on this particular clock that was given to me. It's battery ...   A: Tempus Fugit means "Time Flees." Your clock has a battery movement which means it is not a true ... Page:   Prev  |   10  |  11  |  12  |  13  |  14  | 15 

|  16  |  17  |  18  |  19   |  Next
adusa37

Return to Maritime Law