Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Questions

Corporate Law Discussions

Questions

Postby Trypp » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:42 am

s SubjectDate AskedExpertHow do I get Devon to honor TX Muniment of Title?1/27/2015Frederick M. Scott  Q: Last May a Wilson County Judge signed an order as Muniment of Title, giving us ownership of mineral ...   A: If MAP, in good faith(i.e. not knowing the cousins may not have had legal title to the minerals at ... division orders incorrect/statute of limitaions?1/23/2015Frederick M. Scott  Q: My question is regarding Division Orders in the State of Texas. My deceased former husband had some ...   A: As you're probably aware, anyone can sue anyone for practically anything. It's whether they "have a ... Request to Ratification for NPRI1/2/2015David B. McCall  Q: I just recently found out that I am an NPRI for acreage in Howard County Tx. The Oil Gas Company ...   A: Theresa, yes the ratification request does indicate that your royalty tract is going to be included ... Mineral Rights11/4/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: The family has retained the mineral rights(royalty interest) to 320.79 acres in Campbell County, ...   A: A decent landman or competent oil and gas attorney in the county where the mineral rights are ... pooling question/ unitization10/18/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: We have a question about an expired lease being held by a unitization clause. Background info: We ...   A: The date on the lease document itself(usually near the top) is the effective date, no matter when ... Sale of mineral rights8/12/2014David B. McCall  Q: I have 32.5 non participating mineral rights in Reeves county, TX and an offer of 4500.00 per acre ...   A: My mineral buying friends tell me that's a pretty fair offer. Whether you want to sell is another ... Mineral rights and intestate succession. 7/14/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: My sisters & I inherited mineral rights through our Dad, which has been passed through heirs his ...   A: The shares your uncles and aunt owned would be distributed according to the laws of "intestate ... "$10.00 and other good and valuable consideration" meaning?7/3/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: I received a cash offer from a company named Cascade Energy, L.P. aka Cascade Acquisition partners, ...   A: It's fairly common, almost universal really, for mineral deeds to state only a "token" payment of ... Mineral rights leasing Washita County7/1/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: I own mineral rights in Washita County. Can you tell me if there is any interest in the area right ...   A: The northern part of Washita County is really the only area where there is a lot of current leasing ... Leases that were not Included in Unit Designation6/27/2014David B. McCall  Q: I have come across a scenario where a unit was formed and a company filed a unit declaration. There ...   A: One's natural inclination is to assume that the leases would have expired if they were not added to ... Mineral Rights6/10/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: 74 net mineral acres in Williams,ND. Township 155 North,Range96 West,5th PM......Section8 ...   A: Ballpark? At least $2000/acre would be my educated guess. Also depends on whether they are currently ... 2 holdouts on a lease5/22/2014David B. McCall  Q: We have 50% minerals on 80 acres in the Eagleford Shale area split: 50% Our family(6 of us) and 50% ...   A: The oil company doesn't have the right to force someone to sign a lease. In some instances, and in a ... S22 6S 8E Bryan, Finley4/24/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: Just wondering if a well was drilled in section 22, 6 south, 8 east , bryan county OK, NW of Durant, ...   A: No well drilled in that section that I could find, nor are there plans for one that I can see. It ... Blaine County, Montana4/9/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: I currently have 1600 acres if mineral rights in Blaine County Montana. I am looking to sell, what ...   A: Yes, you can sell them even if they are leased. If sold, the lease would simply apply to the new ... Mineral rights sale/lease4/4/2014David B. McCall  Q: In 1999 I inherited the mineral rights to land in Reeves County, TX(in Section 37, Block 1, H&GN RR ...   A: Things are hot in Reeves County right now! A couple of articles you should read about mineral sales ... Washita County Lease Activity3/19/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: I own mineral rights in Washita County OK, Sec 3&4, Township 9 North, Range 16 West, and had heard ...   A: Likely if you haven't been contacted, there isn't any current interest in leasing your mineral ... MINERAL LEASES IN BLAINE COUNTY, MONTANA3/17/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: Many thanks for making yourself available to answer questions from ordinary folk. I am trying to ...   A: The following link will take you to the lease price sale results from the State's recent lease ... release of information on drilling status2/17/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: My siblings and I own the mineral rights on some property in the Bakken in North Dakota. We leased ...   A: The "confidential" status is common in ND, so unfortunately unless you are a working-interest owner ... In-House Landman2/13/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: Frederick, I have been an independent field landman for the past 8 years, for the most part, ...   A: I'll wager the people you mentioned who were able to get the coveted "in house" job stood out in ... Carter County, OK Activity2/2/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: I recently leased my mineral rights for three sections in Carter County, Oklahoma. They are; Section ...   A: Most of the current drilling activity is to the west and north of you by a few miles, and also out ... Renewal of Oil and Gas Lease; Top Lease1/24/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: Scott: I have an oil and gas lease entered into on March 24, 2009 that is due to expire March 24, ...   A: Neither of those paragraphs are good for you, especially the five-year extension(unless they had ... Lease ownership1/22/2014David B. McCall  Q: My siblings and I are trying to establish proof of ownership of a mineral rights lease in North ...   A: I do suggest that you hire someone to do this search for you. I think a landman could do a good job ... Stipulation of Interest1/21/2014David B. McCall  Q: My wife's father owned all of the mineral rights to a quarter section in Colorado. Her father ...   A: You can find a number of stipulation form examples online by doing a google search for stipulation ... lease1/17/2014David B. McCall  Q: A gas company wish me to sign a contract on my land. They have drilled a well already and told me ...   A: Bill, it sounds to me like you need to consult an attorney there to make sure your rights are ... Cubic feet to MCF conversion11/7/2013Frederick M. Scott  Q: I think shale gas will create more positive changes in USA then any other new technology in the last ...   A: 30.3 million cubic feet = 30,300 MCF, not 30.3 MCF. 30,300 MCF could heat about 90,900 homes per ... Mineral rights10/26/2013David B. McCall  Q: McCall, A member of my family was recently contacted by a landman who stated that we were entitled ...   A: More than likely, the landman who contacted you found this interest in the unclaimed money funds of ... Verifying decimal %10/21/2013David B. McCall  Q: My grandfather was in the oil business, owning mineral % in numerous States/Counties. He died in ...   A: Here is what I would recommend. For well and leases that are still in production, I would endeavor ... Bryan County, OK Activity?9/6/2013Frederick M. Scott  Q: Scott I'll try to keep this short,I have inherited a small amount of property(9 acres) in Bryan Co. ...   A: The Oklahoma Corporation ... Finding Mineral Rights9/5/2013Frederick M. Scott  Q: Good evening Mr. Scott. Back in the 80s my father owned some mineral rights in West Virginia. He ...   A: Wow. 55 counties! If you could narrow it down that would certainly simplify things. Best thing to do ... Carter County, Okla, Activity8/14/2013Frederick M. Scott  Q: I own mineral interests in 7.5 acres in Sec 27 only. Since the start of 2013 at least 17 different ...   A: When 17 companies contact you within six months(whether to lease or to buy0; that would indicate ... Foreclosure in a producing unit8/12/2013David B. McCall  Q: An OGL was taken by an operator on a parcel after the mortgage was in place and prior to ...   A: Kendall, its hard to say what your rights are without looking at the documents and the factual ... Estimated monthly royalty payment8/4/2013Charles E. Felker  Q: I'm in the process of finalizing probate for my grandparents. I will inherit 32 acres of Shouthard ...   A: Sandy There's not enough contract info in your note to really give a precise answer. You should be ... Orphan Wells in Texas7/28/2013David B. McCall  Q: Can a well(API 38930447) listed by the Texas RRC as an "Orphan Well" still hold the original lease? ...   A: Orphaned wells are inactive non-compliant wells that have been inactive a minimum of 12 months, and ... What is a Royalty Deed?7/19/2013David B. McCall  Q: My husband and I have read over the Gift Deed for our land which was prepared over 20 years ago. ...   A: Based upon the deed language, it sounds like your father divided up the royalty in equal shares ... royalty entitlement7/18/2013David B. McCall  Q: I have 20 acres in Johnson/Tarrant County in Texas. I have my rights leased thru XTO and one acre ...   A: You cannot tell from the proximity of wells whether you are entitled to production from that well. ... Mineral Rights7/9/2013Charles E. Felker  Q: I have recently inherited 13 net mineral acres Wownship 155 North, Range 95 West, 5th PM, section ...   A: Sorry I don't have any advice on your N.D property. I would offer some advice on Royalty contracts ... How do I find out what I own? 6/25/2013Frederick M. Scott  Q: I need to know what interest I have in Sec.2-15N-14W in Custer County in the state of Oklahoma I do ...   A: Contact the people who gave you the notice. Ask them. If they don't know what you own, then you'll ... Seismic permitting6/18/2013David B. McCall  Q: Do all mineral interest owner(s) on a piece of property need to be " Optioned" &/or "leased" prior ...   A: It's not uncommon for seismic operations to be conducted without the joinder of all mineral owners, ... decimal not what was promised5/31/2013David B. McCall  Q: For an NPRI owner, if you are told that you will receive a certain decimal interest in oil ...   A: Unless the person or company who made the representation as to the decimal interest of production ... Drilling activity4/30/2013Frederick M. Scott  Q: I own a a small portion of "pooled" mineral rights in Carter County, Oklahoma..... S/2 NW/4 NE/4 and ...   A: XTO completed the RHODES 1-21H there in 2012. It's been producing between 1000 and 2000 BO per month ... Page:  

|  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

All
Trypp

Questions

Postby Odran » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:29 pm

s SubjectDate AskedExpertNew company wants well pad on current lease? 10/3/2015Frederick M. Scott  Q: my Club owns ground in Delmar township in so.east tioga county Pa. We have been leased by Shell for ...   A: I would wait until the lease expires, then if the new company wants to put a well pad on your ... Operator says there is a title problem and has royalty in suspense...Tarrant County9/5/2015David B. McCall  Q: I purchased land 11 months ago from a bank 2 months after they traditionally(courthouse steps) ...   A: It's hard to say what the title problem is, but I think your plan sounds reasonable. I would try to ... CNG dispenser machine.8/11/2015Charles E. Felker  Q: Is the input gas source to the CNG dispenser machine is a underground cng gas pipeline Or from Truck ...   A: Most CNG dispensing stations are supplied gas from the local utility. At the dispensing station is ... Is this well running out of product?7/13/2015Frederick M. Scott  Q: Scott, My sister and I share aprox 52 acres in Carter County, OK. XTO has been drilling since ...   A: I took a look and the well seems to still be producing as of March of this year. Looks to be ... SW/4 SW/4 Lot 8(S/2 SW/4) Sect 24 T9N R1W 82.5 Acres6/23/2015Frederick M. Scott  Q: My grandmother earned substantial income off this property through oil and gas lease with Koch and ...   A: No production in this section since 2002 that I can see. The Shari Lynn well was plugged in 2002. It ... Working interest on Oil Well5/22/2015David B. McCall  Q: I recently inherited a small working interest on an oil well. Every month I get a bill from the ...   A: I have been in your situation before. I solved my problem by offering to sell my interest back to ... Royalties vs. Mineral Rights5/1/2015David B. McCall  Q: I am thinking about selling my portion of some mineral rights that I share with about 30 of my ...   A: Lets start with some definitions here. A mineral interest is a real property interest(in most ... Working Interest For The Little Guy4/24/2015Frederick M. Scott  Q: Can I lease my Royalty Interest and keep part of the working interest ? Jan   A: Yes. The operator may not like it, but you can lease most of your interest and then participate in ... Minimum Royalty Clause3/6/2015David B. McCall  Q: I entered into a lease last year on property that is to be included in a fieldwide unit for CO2 EOR. ...   A: Howard, take a look at paragraph 4 of the oil and gas lease. Operations within the boundaries of the ... How do I get Devon to honor TX Muniment of Title?1/27/2015Frederick M. Scott  Q: Last May a Wilson County Judge signed an order as Muniment of Title, giving us ownership of mineral ...   A: If MAP, in good faith(i.e. not knowing the cousins may not have had legal title to the minerals at ... division orders incorrect/statute of limitaions?1/23/2015Frederick M. Scott  Q: My question is regarding Division Orders in the State of Texas. My deceased former husband had some ...   A: As you're probably aware, anyone can sue anyone for practically anything. It's whether they "have a ... Request to Ratification for NPRI1/2/2015David B. McCall  Q: I just recently found out that I am an NPRI for acreage in Howard County Tx. The Oil Gas Company ...   A: Theresa, yes the ratification request does indicate that your royalty tract is going to be included ... Mineral Rights11/4/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: The family has retained the mineral rights(royalty interest) to 320.79 acres in Campbell County, ...   A: A decent landman or competent oil and gas attorney in the county where the mineral rights are ... pooling question/ unitization10/18/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: We have a question about an expired lease being held by a unitization clause. Background info: We ...   A: The date on the lease document itself(usually near the top) is the effective date, no matter when ... Sale of mineral rights8/12/2014David B. McCall  Q: I have 32.5 non participating mineral rights in Reeves county, TX and an offer of 4500.00 per acre ...   A: My mineral buying friends tell me that's a pretty fair offer. Whether you want to sell is another ... Mineral rights and intestate succession. 7/14/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: My sisters & I inherited mineral rights through our Dad, which has been passed through heirs his ...   A: The shares your uncles and aunt owned would be distributed according to the laws of "intestate ... "$10.00 and other good and valuable consideration" meaning?7/3/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: I received a cash offer from a company named Cascade Energy, L.P. aka Cascade Acquisition partners, ...   A: It's fairly common, almost universal really, for mineral deeds to state only a "token" payment of ... Mineral rights leasing Washita County7/1/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: I own mineral rights in Washita County. Can you tell me if there is any interest in the area right ...   A: The northern part of Washita County is really the only area where there is a lot of current leasing ... Leases that were not Included in Unit Designation6/27/2014David B. McCall  Q: I have come across a scenario where a unit was formed and a company filed a unit declaration. There ...   A: One's natural inclination is to assume that the leases would have expired if they were not added to ... Mineral Rights6/10/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: 74 net mineral acres in Williams,ND. Township 155 North,Range96 West,5th PM......Section8 ...   A: Ballpark? At least $2000/acre would be my educated guess. Also depends on whether they are currently ... 2 holdouts on a lease5/22/2014David B. McCall  Q: We have 50% minerals on 80 acres in the Eagleford Shale area split: 50% Our family(6 of us) and 50% ...   A: The oil company doesn't have the right to force someone to sign a lease. In some instances, and in a ... S22 6S 8E Bryan, Finley4/24/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: Just wondering if a well was drilled in section 22, 6 south, 8 east , bryan county OK, NW of Durant, ...   A: No well drilled in that section that I could find, nor are there plans for one that I can see. It ... Blaine County, Montana4/9/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: I currently have 1600 acres if mineral rights in Blaine County Montana. I am looking to sell, what ...   A: Yes, you can sell them even if they are leased. If sold, the lease would simply apply to the new ... Mineral rights sale/lease4/4/2014David B. McCall  Q: In 1999 I inherited the mineral rights to land in Reeves County, TX(in Section 37, Block 1, H&GN RR ...   A: Things are hot in Reeves County right now! A couple of articles you should read about mineral sales ... Washita County Lease Activity3/19/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: I own mineral rights in Washita County OK, Sec 3&4, Township 9 North, Range 16 West, and had heard ...   A: Likely if you haven't been contacted, there isn't any current interest in leasing your mineral ... MINERAL LEASES IN BLAINE COUNTY, MONTANA3/17/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: Many thanks for making yourself available to answer questions from ordinary folk. I am trying to ...   A: The following link will take you to the lease price sale results from the State's recent lease ... release of information on drilling status2/17/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: My siblings and I own the mineral rights on some property in the Bakken in North Dakota. We leased ...   A: The "confidential" status is common in ND, so unfortunately unless you are a working-interest owner ... In-House Landman2/13/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: Frederick, I have been an independent field landman for the past 8 years, for the most part, ...   A: I'll wager the people you mentioned who were able to get the coveted "in house" job stood out in ... Carter County, OK Activity2/2/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: I recently leased my mineral rights for three sections in Carter County, Oklahoma. They are; Section ...   A: Most of the current drilling activity is to the west and north of you by a few miles, and also out ... Renewal of Oil and Gas Lease; Top Lease1/24/2014Frederick M. Scott  Q: Scott: I have an oil and gas lease entered into on March 24, 2009 that is due to expire March 24, ...   A: Neither of those paragraphs are good for you, especially the five-year extension(unless they had ... Lease ownership1/22/2014David B. McCall  Q: My siblings and I are trying to establish proof of ownership of a mineral rights lease in North ...   A: I do suggest that you hire someone to do this search for you. I think a landman could do a good job ... Stipulation of Interest1/21/2014David B. McCall  Q: My wife's father owned all of the mineral rights to a quarter section in Colorado. Her father ...   A: You can find a number of stipulation form examples online by doing a google search for stipulation ... lease1/17/2014David B. McCall  Q: A gas company wish me to sign a contract on my land. They have drilled a well already and told me ...   A: Bill, it sounds to me like you need to consult an attorney there to make sure your rights are ... Cubic feet to MCF conversion11/7/2013Frederick M. Scott  Q: I think shale gas will create more positive changes in USA then any other new technology in the last ...   A: 30.3 million cubic feet = 30,300 MCF, not 30.3 MCF. 30,300 MCF could heat about 90,900 homes per ... Mineral rights10/26/2013David B. McCall  Q: McCall, A member of my family was recently contacted by a landman who stated that we were entitled ...   A: More than likely, the landman who contacted you found this interest in the unclaimed money funds of ... Verifying decimal %10/21/2013David B. McCall  Q: My grandfather was in the oil business, owning mineral % in numerous States/Counties. He died in ...   A: Here is what I would recommend. For well and leases that are still in production, I would endeavor ... Bryan County, OK Activity?9/6/2013Frederick M. Scott  Q: Scott I'll try to keep this short,I have inherited a small amount of property(9 acres) in Bryan Co. ...   A: The Oklahoma Corporation ... Finding Mineral Rights9/5/2013Frederick M. Scott  Q: Good evening Mr. Scott. Back in the 80s my father owned some mineral rights in West Virginia. He ...   A: Wow. 55 counties! If you could narrow it down that would certainly simplify things. Best thing to do ... Carter County, Okla, Activity8/14/2013Frederick M. Scott  Q: I own mineral interests in 7.5 acres in Sec 27 only. Since the start of 2013 at least 17 different ...   A: When 17 companies contact you within six months(whether to lease or to buy0; that would indicate ... Foreclosure in a producing unit8/12/2013David B. McCall  Q: An OGL was taken by an operator on a parcel after the mortgage was in place and prior to ...   A: Kendall, its hard to say what your rights are without looking at the documents and the factual ... Page:  

|  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

All
Odran

Return to Corporate Law