Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Questions

Patents & Trademarks Discussion Forum

Questions

Postby Safford » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:17 pm

s SubjectDate AskedExpertLicensing terms for cosmetic ingredients4/30/2014Penny Ballou  Q: What are the typical terms for exclusively licensing a patented ingredient to a skin care or ...   A: In terms of licensing language, the sky is the limit based on your ability or whomever represents ... Is it patentable4/5/2014Marty McCrea  Q: I have two well known trade marked products that I mixed together and it did wonders. I want to ...   A: You want to be VERY careful here. The answer is 'no' you can't just take two well-known products ... Prototyping2/9/2014Marty McCrea  Q: I have an invention idea,sausage tongs.What kinds of mold or foam,can I buy to try and prototype my ...   A: There is no one type of mold or foam. What I would suggest is going to a store like Home Depot and ... Royalties1/13/2014Penny Ballou  Q: I helped a friend develop an idea he had. He knew what the product needed to do. I designed it, ...   A: I helped a friend develop an idea he had. He knew what the product needed to do. I designed it, ... Textile Engineering12/3/2013Penny Ballou  Q: First off, thanks for your time and expertise! I'd love a little guidance. I have a concept in my ...   A: I don't exactly have much to go on from what you posted so the links I am going to provide you may ... Textile Engineering12/3/2013Marty McCrea  Q: First off, thanks for your time and expertise! I'd love a little guidance. I have a concept in my ...   A: I would say you're half right. You might need a textile engineer to help you translate that idea ... to patent or not to patent11/12/2013Penny Ballou  Q: I greatly appreciate your time here! I do not have access to my patent related books at the moment ...   A: Morning Craig, Well, you've certainly asked a virtually impossible to fully answer question in ... who to approach with my idea9/28/2013Marty McCrea  Q: I have an idea for a product. Its only an idea though. I dont have the funds OR the technical know ...   A: You are at the very beginning of a really challenging but fun experience, if you choose it. The ... Grant Funding9/14/2013Penny Ballou  Q: I need grant funding to proceed with my safety invention that will save millions of lives year by ...   A: I see you posted the below follow-up comment: Comment: I am in need of a prototype,invention ... Wedge shoe prototype & manufacture9/5/2013Penny Ballou  Q: I see you've answered a few questions on similar subjects to mine. The answers were helpful but I ...   A: You wrote: from a personal viewpoint: I don't expect you to know whether there are any UK-based ... new invention9/4/2013Marty McCrea  Q: My friend has invented new battery for Electrical Vehicles, in theory. to prove it works, we need ...   A: A patent pending status is good enough for you to present your concept to labs. I would also have ... New Board Game8/22/2013Marty McCrea  Q: McCrea, I have invented a new Christian Board Game and have a working prototype ready to present. I ...   A: What research have you done to answer that question? Have you found books, have you read website ... NEEDING FUNDS FOR INVENTION8/8/2013Penny Ballou  Q: I currently have a company working on the last stage in order to start marketing and filing for ...   A: U WROTE: I currently have a company working on the last stage in order to start marketing and ... Thinking idea to idea7/18/2013Marty McCrea  Q: I've been thinking of too many new products and can't decide on which would be the right one. I know ...   A: You are in a very common place. What yo have to do now is validate the market. That will uncover ... What to license?6/7/2013Penny Ballou  Q: Ballou, Do raw materials that form a finish good(such as factory textiles and plastics) need to ...   A: Do raw materials that form a finish good(such as factory textiles and plastics) need to be licensed ... Infringing on another Patent6/7/2013Barry Farris  Q: Farris, I'm currently designing a prototype for a backpack. I'm lost on how to avoid violating ...   A: Tuan, I would advise you to read "Patent Pending in 24 Hours" By Pressman. If you cannot get around ... Obtaining a license before selling6/7/2013Maurice Duteau  Q: Duteau, I'm in the process of manufacturing a new invention. It work similarly like a backpack ...   A: Licence: In my industry which is electronics manufacturing, there is no need to get a licence for ... Crowdfunding Tips6/2/2013Maurice Duteau  Q: I am a small business owner and my nephew is working on a lean start up company. He needs resources ...   A: I am not an expert in this crowd sourcing department but from what I have read a lot of projects get ... Edison Nation4/25/2013Penny Ballou  Q: What is your opinion of Edison Nations Submit Your Idea(s),for $25 and $20 for members?   A: Personally speaking I would not waste any time with them, that is any invention submission company ... Edison Nation4/16/2013Marty McCrea  Q: What is your opinion of Edison Nation's submit you idea for $25,($20 for members).   A: Jennifer, I have always liked Edison Nation. $20 is cheap, go ahead and submit it. After you do, ... invention construction harvester.4/10/2013Marty McCrea  Q: ???? ??????. ...   A: ?????? ????. ... toy invention4/10/2013Marty McCrea  Q: we are in the process of filing our US patent and PCT for a toy that we have invented. I have a ...   A: That's wonderful, it sounds like you have a good hold on what you have done and what you need to do ... help3/27/2013Marty McCrea  Q: hallo there, i have an idea that no one invented already, how do i go futher or get more help with ...   A: Louis, What you need to do is get hungry for research. As you fill your brain with the necessary ... music project3/27/2013Marty McCrea  Q: Marty, I had written you with a question(2/9/2012), regarding direction on business start up. ...   A: I am sorry you are ill, that sucks. I hope you have the kind of 'ill' that gets better and if not, ... FDA approval3/19/2013Marty McCrea  Q: I have developed a therapy product for pediatric patients. My invention is not highly technical, it ...   A: You will not need FDA approval to make your prototype, and test it. However you will need a ... Concepts in Need of Industry3/15/2013Marty McCrea  Q: Good Late Night Marty:) I was just looking over your
Safford

Questions

Postby Daly » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:56 am

s SubjectDate AskedExpertThe Cost Of Patents3/13/2016Marty McCrea  Q: I live in Canada. If a potential American company will only look at an invention with a patent, do I ...   A: Jennifer, An American patent would probably be what they were looking for, but a Canadian patent ... Provisional Patent how to market product2/24/2016Penny Ballou  Q: I paid a company almost $3,000 to make a website and some pictures of my invention. They claimed ...   A: 1). I paid a company almost $3,000 to make a website and some pictures of my invention. Your not ... INVENTION EVALUATION FEE2/22/2016Marty McCrea  Q: Do you think I should pay $75.00(U.S.) to have a professional invention evaluation from ...   A: It's up to you. It would seem that you get a fair amount of benefit for just a little money. But ... LICENSING AN INVENTION TO A COMPANY2/19/2016Penny Ballou  Q: Can you clarify something for me? If I have an invention that I have a patent or patent pending on, ...   A: In answer to yourit depends. Do you have a manufacturing-ready(engineering drawings) prototype? ... molds ready2/15/2016Penny Ballou  Q: I created my molds and have CAD drawings skids of my product. Can you give some insight as to what ...   A: experience and goals. Since you have molds and CAD drawings(which we know are usually not cheap) ... Patents For Novelty Inventions1/28/2016Marty McCrea  Q: Is it really worth the effort to get any kind of patent for your invention idea if it's for the ...   A: Unless it's something totally unique that could possibly be useful in the future or become a fad ... hotel apps12/29/2015Marty McCrea  Q: i know what apps do for people and what is needed for customers etc and i have a great idea for an ...   A: What research have you done on the 'app builder' programs that exist out there? Have you downloaded ... PATENT DRAWINGS12/11/2015Marty McCrea  Q: Is there a type of person who draws patent drawings for a living? I mean the types of drawings you ...   A: Most patent attorneys create the drawings themselves or have someone they contract with to create ... PROTOTYPES AND PATENT ATTORNEYS11/20/2015Marty McCrea  Q: Is it wise to have your rough and or finished prototype with you for a patent attorney to look at ...   A: Hey Jennifer, Yes, that would be fine; in fact, it may be more beneficial to have your prototype ... Fonder11/12/2015Marty McCrea  Q: You helped me a lot last time in pointing out the short comings in my Fonder idea. This is where we ...   A: Chinthaka, That is much better. I see you have not only addressed my comments and concerns from ... Invention Process10/26/2015Marty McCrea  Q: Is it 1st make a prototype and 2nd file a provisional patent application? Or file a provisional ...   A: There is no set way to invent as no situation, person, idea or market circumstance is the same. ... Tracking physical documents in a workplace10/18/2015Marty McCrea  Q: No Mr McCrea, this is not spam. I want to make a plastic file with a mobile phone attached to it. ...   A: Here are my thoughts. Not a bad solution to a problem, however there are many details that still ... Integrated Wall Electronic Digital Calendar and Clock product.9/12/2015Penny Ballou  Q: Do you feel that it is possible to design and Construct a integrated Digital Calendar and Clock ...   A: 1. Do you feel that it is possible to design and Construct a integrated Digital Calendar and Clock ... Integrated Wall Electronic Digital Calendar and Clock product.9/12/2015Marty McCrea  Q: Do you feel that it is possible to design and Construct a integrated Digital Calendar and Clock ...   A: Prashant, Your internal curiosity and hunger for knowledge should answer the questions you write to ... Stenotype machine for Medical transcript.9/11/2015Marty McCrea  Q: 1 Do you feel that the Stenotype machine can be useful for Medical transcription?. 2 Is the ...   A: Prashant, Your internal curiosity and hunger for knowledge should answer the questions you write to ... Renewable Green Energy from Ammonia9/2/2015Marty McCrea  Q: 9/2/2015 Sir, I am working on a Project for green Energy where No Fossil fuels are used to eliminate ...   A: Dr. Khatri, First thing is first: do you already have Doctorate engineers from Chemical and ... Scrabble Board Design.9/2/2015Marty McCrea  Q: Can it bring variation in the Scrabble game if the board design is changed to Triangle, Hexagon, ...   A: Yes it could change the dynamics of the game. Although what you have to take into account is that ... Investigatory Project8/9/2015Marty McCrea  Q: Good day sir, I'm a 10th grader. I have a hard time thinking about what to do in our IP. I don't ...   A: I would rather teach you how to fish to eat for a lifetime rather than give you one fish for one ... Registering a US provisional patent whilst in another country6/27/2015Penny Ballou  Q: How are you? I want to register a US provisional patent. l understand filling electronically costs ...   A: Off the top of my head I do not believe there would be other costs. However, you should definitely ... Funding Basic Science6/27/2015Marty McCrea  Q: I want to make basic sciences/open-ended research(physics, chemistry, space science etc.) ...   A: Eloquently stated, I whole-heartedly agree with you. There are certain breakthroughs that are ... Improvements on products6/25/2015Penny Ballou  Q: Over the years, I've had ideas, but never did anything about them. I recently moved, widowed, and ...   A: Firstly, these days you should consider not submitting only "ideas" to anyone. There is a new ... Walking Sticks6/15/2015Marty McCrea  Q: My name is Aishani McGrath and my name is Iris Aitken. This year we are working together for science ...   A: I can't answer that because I don't use a walking stick. What you need to do is called "primary ... Charger or battery6/11/2015Marty McCrea  Q: To whoever it may concern, My friend and I are doing a science fair project into walking sticks for ...   A: It would be more advantageous to the elderly person using the cane to have it recharge. Most elderly ... Design Patent5/11/2015Penny Ballou  Q: For my slipper that shows the time up front,would I need to apply for a design patent first,and ...   A: One answer to your question is that there is nothing stating one "must" apply for a patent on ... How have inventions changed over time and how do I submit an invention?4/10/2015Marty McCrea  Q: my name is Micah. I am a student. In my class, we are doing a choice project. I chose to learn about ...   A: You don't actually submit an invention, you submit a patent to the USPTO that protects the ... Prototype3/29/2015Penny Ballou  Q: I have a slipper invention idea,where the slipper would show the time on the front of it. My ...   A: Do the Yellow Pages still exist?(ha, ha). It depends on the material you intend to use for the ... Inventors Notebook3/21/2015Marty McCrea  Q: Do you know where I could look in the yellow pages,for a company or printing place, that makes ...   A: Jennifer, Go to google. Type "inventor's notebook" shopping Click on a few of the links to ... To redesign an existing product3/12/2015Penny Ballou  Q: I am a salon owner, there is a product sold across the country to aid in a process in hair color. I ...   A: I am a salon owner, there is a product sold across the country to aid in a process in hair color. I ... Patent2/19/2015Barry Farris  Q: I operate a home daycare. I do not like the required bumpers in cribs. I came up with an idea that ...   A: Forget the invention companies as they are crooks. The only place that can tell you about the ... Baby Item1/26/2015Marty McCrea  Q: I am sending in a provisional patent for a baby/child item....not a toy but a household necessity. I ...   A: What I would do is attend tradeshows where new baby ideas are presented. Get really really good at ... by "hook" or by crook1/24/2015Marty McCrea  Q: ~Hi Marty McCrea...I continue to be excited about an invention I have been working on for many ...   A: You bet I do. Makerspaces. DIY shops. FabLabs. They're called many names, but the premise behind ... Patent 1/10/2015Penny Ballou  Q: I have a question about patents in general. I have been researching www.uspto.gov for patents on my ...   A: Kathy, You said you planned to write/submit a Disclosure, are you aware the U.S. is now a "First ... Wireless device12/18/2014Marty McCrea  Q: Sir, I am trying to get some kind of hands free wireless intercom for use within the house.I have a ...   A: Arun, It seems like you just need to do a little more research on your own. If you look at the ... Open sourcing inventions10/7/2014Maurice Duteau  Q: What do you think of the idea and the success of open source inventions? One way to make an ...   A: From what I have seen on the internet it seems like a good way to go. Most of my own projects in ... Inventing to benefit Humanity10/1/2014Marty McCrea  Q: You said " Regular people like us normally get “eaten up” by the proverbial sharks in the water. ...   A: Fear is an illusion. Your mind creates this fear illusion based on a story you tell yourself about ... Super Bowl Commercial8/22/2014Marty McCrea  Q: I have an idea for a Bud Light Super Bowl commercial but have no idea where to start or who to ...   A: What I would do is do some research and find out what advertising comapny Budewriser uses. Then ... Selling an idea8/6/2014Maurice Duteau  Q: I have a great idea that combines two existing products to make life a lot better. Let's just say ...   A: I havent heard of many examples where a company will fork out money for an idea... usually they are ... Selling an idea8/6/2014Penny Ballou  Q: I have a good idea that combines two existing products to make life a lot better. Let's just say ...   A: Subject: Selling an idea You write 1-3 1. I have a good idea that combines two existing products to ... Market Validation7/25/2014Marty McCrea  Q: Marty, Thanks for the tip on market validation through an earlier question. It seems that instead ...   A: You are on the right track as there are a number of ways to validate a market. The spreadsheet is ... not too sure about a collaboration7/16/2014Marty McCrea  Q: I've always had an idea for a product or a business. The problem is I've had difficulty getting it ...   A: You are in a common position to many other inventors out there in the world. It's rare that ONE ... Page:  

|  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

All
Daly

Return to Patents & Trademarks