Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Questions

Corporate Law Discussions

Questions

Postby Chuma » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:56 am

s SubjectDate AskedExpertLoss of tax exemption3/6/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: We are an American Legion Post who lost its tax exemption. We have applied for tax exemption and are ...   A: I would need to know the subsection of IRC 501(c) under which the organization was organized as an ... purpose of tax Id #3/6/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I am trying to figure out the reasons of needing a tax id# for a select baseball team. We have been ...   A: If you want a bank account the bank will require a tax id#. If the team, which appears to be an ... Tax Guidelines for large cash reserves for a non-profit organization3/5/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: .. Our non-profit group was organized in Arizona and is currently designated as a ...   A: I am assuming from what you wrote to me that the organization is not a private foundation(you can ... Organization of 501(c)(3) Public Charity3/5/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Our Saint Bernard Club of America Charitable Foundation has a Board of Trustees comprising all of ...   A: It appears that the Foundation may be incorporated. If so, let me know the state of incorporation. ... Officers3/5/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Could you give a breakdown of the officers for a non-profit and their duties in layman terms? We ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... 501c6 Member Rights3/4/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Do I have the right to look at my trade association's annual books. It's in New York State.   A: First you would look at the association's Articles of Organization and Bylaws. For me to answer ... If the Supported Club is not completely open to the public, can the Booster Cllub be non-profit?3/4/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Our summer swim team is comprised(by community regulation) of swimmers who must be members of an ...   A: See pdf page 13 of http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p3833.pdf under the heading "Charitable Class ... Tax-Deductible Donations3/4/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: My 501(c)(3) organization specializes in producing artistic events as benefits for other non-profits ...   A: Refusing pay from a 501(c)(3) organization is not different from donation of time, and, you already ... Travel Ball3/3/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: A friend and I have started a travel softball team in Georgia(2012), and was wondering if we should ...   A: You are correct that the parents may not deduct registration and other fees. If you want donors to ... non-profit3/2/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I have a non-profit that was to help ex-offenders re-enter society through social service referrals, ...   A: I am assuming that you organization is a "Florida Not For Profit Corporation Act" which is available ... donation to another 501(c)33/2/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: The president of our 501(c)3 organization made a promise to donate money on our behalf to another ...   A: I am assuming that the recipient 501(c)(3) organization is not a private foundation. If it is, let ... Financial corruption in a non profit3/2/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I have contacted several Governmental Agencies regarding corruption that has become prevalent in a ...   A: It appears that you have already contacted the IRS, but I am not sure that you gave you information ... Fundraising3/1/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I am a team manger for my daughter's select soccer team. The team is part of a non-profit club with ...   A: I don't understand what you mean by "part" in "The team is part of a non-profit club with a ... 509a1 or 509a2?3/1/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Our PTO is in the process of becoming a 501c3 organization. I am unclear how to delineate our public ...   A: The least work is found if your organization qualifies under 509(a)(1) and it would appear from what ... transparency in voting3/1/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I was recently informed that by law, MA non-profit organizations must do a public tally/accounting ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... 501(c)(3) status2/28/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Could our 501c3 organization be in danger of losing it's IRS exemption if the Executive Director,who ...   A: The organization's 501(c)(3) status certainly would be in jeopardy, as Internal Revenue Code section ... Disallowing children to play based on prior commitments2/28/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: My local youth organization has a policy that states if a softball player plays for their respective ...   A: This forum is only for federal tax questions regarding 501(c)(3) public charities as I have ... stipends and taxes2/28/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I do not receive a 1099 from them. I work from my home - using my own software and computer - they ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... conflict of interest2/28/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Is it a conflict of interest to have a person on the board of directors of a non profit corporation ...   A: A conflict of interest is present whenever a director, and in some states an officer) or a close ... Non Disclosure of PC Public Info2/27/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I've have been trying to obtain public information on Saint Matthew's Churches of Tulsa, OK. Four ...   A: If a nonprofit has received IRS exemption determination or files annual returns(Form 990) with the ... 501(c)(3) impropriety2/26/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: We have a 501(c)(3) that has a past board member now as executive director and is taking a salary. ...   A: A conflict of interest is present whenever a director, and in some states an officer) has a ... Work Obligation2/26/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I am on the board of a youth swim club that holds 501c3 status. Can we require parents of swimmers ...   A: A private 501(c)(3) organization may require members to work but, if the club is limiting the work ... How quickly must a 501(c)(3) group spend its money for charitable purposes2/26/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: A small charitiable group collects money in 2014 to spend on civic or charitable purposes. How long ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... Sharing space with a non profit2/25/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I belong to a horse and bull riding club. We have been sharing our space with a local pastor who has ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... 501(c)3 for Individual Benefit2/24/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: My daughter is an aspiring gymnast and her coaches believe she has the potential to go very far. The ...   A: No. See pdf page 13 of http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p3833.pdf under the heading "Charitable ... Recipients of Benefit required to submit 10992/24/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: If a business undertakes the task of organizing and conducting a benefit to raise money for medical ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... Do I need to file for a 501c3 and EIN2/24/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: My LLC have been incorporated so my question to you is do I need to apply for a 501c3 and MY EIN?   A: The IRS grants 501(c)(3) organization exemption status to LLCs that are properly organized and ... Non-profit brochure and religious services2/22/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Can a non-profit organization include in its brochure services provided by a religious entity or ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... Reimbursable expenses for Mission Trips2/22/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: 1) IF a non profit organization authorizes and approves a mission trip in advance then is the cost ...   A: 1. It appears that you are asking whether the passenger, who pays for his or her travel to the ... Forming a What?2/22/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: We have an inactive corporation. We want to reactivate it, change the name and change it to a ...   A: I am sorry to receive the news of your son. States do not have a procedure to change a for-profit ... fundraising for non profit 5012/21/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Harvey, I know you deal with public charities, however i was on the itnernet and saw a blog where ...   A: A pass-through account is ok, but then the sponsors should be informed that their payments donations ... 501(c)7 vs. 501(c) 102/21/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: You mentioned that a 501c10 is different from a 501c7 in that its earnings are devoted to religious, ...   A: See IRS Publication 557 "Tax Exempt Status for Your Organization" which is available at: ... 501 c 3 HS Crew Booster Club?2/20/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: We are a 501 c 3 High School crew team funded partially by school Coaches, buses, non metal ...   A: My summary of IRS regulations relating to 501c3 booster organizations is at: http://goo.gl/RO1ez ... booster nonproft application problem2/20/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Our high school band booster organization was formed and incorporated in 1977. We have recently ...   A: See IRS Publication 557 "Tax Exempt Status for Your Organization" http:// ... non-profit in mexico/US-Mexico Income Tax Convention2/20/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: In your response on 6/2/2011, in reference to a question about establishing a non-profit in Mexico, ...   A: As to charitable deductions for U.S. taxpayers, see IRS Publication 526 "Charitable Donations" ... Non-profit Member Dues2/19/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I run a 501(c)(3) youth baseball club. I understand that member fees are NOT deductible unless the ...   A: If the fees are not at all a donation, then none of it is deductible as a charitable donation. You ... Operating Non Profit without applying for 501c32/18/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: My question is this. Is there a tax advantage in any way if you operate a non profit and choose not ...   A: You are welcome. I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating ... Usurping Authority2/17/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: We are a small Historical Society in New York State. The president at our regular meeting made a ...   A: I am assuming your Society is a New York Not-for-Profit Corporation. It appears that the "regular ... Conditions under umbrella2/15/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: First off, thank you for your time. I am in the process of opening a Preschool in a a small ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... Discipline at a non-profit club2/15/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Our Club is changing it's Bylaws and we wanted to streamline the Discipline process. Are there ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... Page:   Prev  |   6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10  | 11 

|  12  |  13  |  14  |  15   |  Next
Chuma

Questions

Postby Burley » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:25 pm

s SubjectDate AskedExpertLoss of tax exemption3/6/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: We are an American Legion Post who lost its tax exemption. We have applied for tax exemption and are ...   A: I would need to know the subsection of IRC 501(c) under which the organization was organized as an ... purpose of tax Id #3/6/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I am trying to figure out the reasons of needing a tax id# for a select baseball team. We have been ...   A: If you want a bank account the bank will require a tax id#. If the team, which appears to be an ... Tax Guidelines for large cash reserves for a non-profit organization3/5/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: .. Our non-profit group was organized in Arizona and is currently designated as a ...   A: I am assuming from what you wrote to me that the organization is not a private foundation(you can ... Organization of 501(c)(3) Public Charity3/5/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Our Saint Bernard Club of America Charitable Foundation has a Board of Trustees comprising all of ...   A: It appears that the Foundation may be incorporated. If so, let me know the state of incorporation. ... Officers3/5/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Could you give a breakdown of the officers for a non-profit and their duties in layman terms? We ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... 501c6 Member Rights3/4/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Do I have the right to look at my trade association's annual books. It's in New York State.   A: First you would look at the association's Articles of Organization and Bylaws. For me to answer ... If the Supported Club is not completely open to the public, can the Booster Cllub be non-profit?3/4/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Our summer swim team is comprised(by community regulation) of swimmers who must be members of an ...   A: See pdf page 13 of http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p3833.pdf under the heading "Charitable Class ... Tax-Deductible Donations3/4/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: My 501(c)(3) organization specializes in producing artistic events as benefits for other non-profits ...   A: Refusing pay from a 501(c)(3) organization is not different from donation of time, and, you already ... Travel Ball3/3/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: A friend and I have started a travel softball team in Georgia(2012), and was wondering if we should ...   A: You are correct that the parents may not deduct registration and other fees. If you want donors to ... non-profit3/2/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I have a non-profit that was to help ex-offenders re-enter society through social service referrals, ...   A: I am assuming that you organization is a "Florida Not For Profit Corporation Act" which is available ... donation to another 501(c)33/2/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: The president of our 501(c)3 organization made a promise to donate money on our behalf to another ...   A: I am assuming that the recipient 501(c)(3) organization is not a private foundation. If it is, let ... Financial corruption in a non profit3/2/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I have contacted several Governmental Agencies regarding corruption that has become prevalent in a ...   A: It appears that you have already contacted the IRS, but I am not sure that you gave you information ... Fundraising3/1/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I am a team manger for my daughter's select soccer team. The team is part of a non-profit club with ...   A: I don't understand what you mean by "part" in "The team is part of a non-profit club with a ... 509a1 or 509a2?3/1/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Our PTO is in the process of becoming a 501c3 organization. I am unclear how to delineate our public ...   A: The least work is found if your organization qualifies under 509(a)(1) and it would appear from what ... transparency in voting3/1/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I was recently informed that by law, MA non-profit organizations must do a public tally/accounting ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... 501(c)(3) status2/28/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Could our 501c3 organization be in danger of losing it's IRS exemption if the Executive Director,who ...   A: The organization's 501(c)(3) status certainly would be in jeopardy, as Internal Revenue Code section ... Disallowing children to play based on prior commitments2/28/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: My local youth organization has a policy that states if a softball player plays for their respective ...   A: This forum is only for federal tax questions regarding 501(c)(3) public charities as I have ... stipends and taxes2/28/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I do not receive a 1099 from them. I work from my home - using my own software and computer - they ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... conflict of interest2/28/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Is it a conflict of interest to have a person on the board of directors of a non profit corporation ...   A: A conflict of interest is present whenever a director, and in some states an officer) or a close ... Non Disclosure of PC Public Info2/27/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I've have been trying to obtain public information on Saint Matthew's Churches of Tulsa, OK. Four ...   A: If a nonprofit has received IRS exemption determination or files annual returns(Form 990) with the ... 501(c)(3) impropriety2/26/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: We have a 501(c)(3) that has a past board member now as executive director and is taking a salary. ...   A: A conflict of interest is present whenever a director, and in some states an officer) has a ... Work Obligation2/26/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I am on the board of a youth swim club that holds 501c3 status. Can we require parents of swimmers ...   A: A private 501(c)(3) organization may require members to work but, if the club is limiting the work ... How quickly must a 501(c)(3) group spend its money for charitable purposes2/26/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: A small charitiable group collects money in 2014 to spend on civic or charitable purposes. How long ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... Sharing space with a non profit2/25/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I belong to a horse and bull riding club. We have been sharing our space with a local pastor who has ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... 501(c)3 for Individual Benefit2/24/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: My daughter is an aspiring gymnast and her coaches believe she has the potential to go very far. The ...   A: No. See pdf page 13 of http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p3833.pdf under the heading "Charitable ... Recipients of Benefit required to submit 10992/24/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: If a business undertakes the task of organizing and conducting a benefit to raise money for medical ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... Do I need to file for a 501c3 and EIN2/24/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: My LLC have been incorporated so my question to you is do I need to apply for a 501c3 and MY EIN?   A: The IRS grants 501(c)(3) organization exemption status to LLCs that are properly organized and ... Non-profit brochure and religious services2/22/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Can a non-profit organization include in its brochure services provided by a religious entity or ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... Reimbursable expenses for Mission Trips2/22/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: 1) IF a non profit organization authorizes and approves a mission trip in advance then is the cost ...   A: 1. It appears that you are asking whether the passenger, who pays for his or her travel to the ... Forming a What?2/22/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: We have an inactive corporation. We want to reactivate it, change the name and change it to a ...   A: I am sorry to receive the news of your son. States do not have a procedure to change a for-profit ... fundraising for non profit 5012/21/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Harvey, I know you deal with public charities, however i was on the itnernet and saw a blog where ...   A: A pass-through account is ok, but then the sponsors should be informed that their payments donations ... 501(c)7 vs. 501(c) 102/21/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: You mentioned that a 501c10 is different from a 501c7 in that its earnings are devoted to religious, ...   A: See IRS Publication 557 "Tax Exempt Status for Your Organization" which is available at: ... 501 c 3 HS Crew Booster Club?2/20/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: We are a 501 c 3 High School crew team funded partially by school Coaches, buses, non metal ...   A: My summary of IRS regulations relating to 501c3 booster organizations is at: http://goo.gl/RO1ez ... booster nonproft application problem2/20/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Our high school band booster organization was formed and incorporated in 1977. We have recently ...   A: See IRS Publication 557 "Tax Exempt Status for Your Organization" http:// ... non-profit in mexico/US-Mexico Income Tax Convention2/20/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: In your response on 6/2/2011, in reference to a question about establishing a non-profit in Mexico, ...   A: As to charitable deductions for U.S. taxpayers, see IRS Publication 526 "Charitable Donations" ... Non-profit Member Dues2/19/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: I run a 501(c)(3) youth baseball club. I understand that member fees are NOT deductible unless the ...   A: If the fees are not at all a donation, then none of it is deductible as a charitable donation. You ... Operating Non Profit without applying for 501c32/18/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: My question is this. Is there a tax advantage in any way if you operate a non profit and choose not ...   A: You are welcome. I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating ... Usurping Authority2/17/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: We are a small Historical Society in New York State. The president at our regular meeting made a ...   A: I am assuming your Society is a New York Not-for-Profit Corporation. It appears that the "regular ... Conditions under umbrella2/15/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: First off, thank you for your time. I am in the process of opening a Preschool in a a small ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... Discipline at a non-profit club2/15/2013Harvey Mechanic  Q: Our Club is changing it's Bylaws and we wanted to streamline the Discipline process. Are there ...   A: I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions relating to IRS federal ... Page:   Prev  |   20  |  21  |  22  |  23  |  24  | 25 

|  26  |  27  |  28  |  29   |  Next
Burley

Return to Corporate Law