Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Questionable Furniture

Talk about immigration laws here

Questionable Furniture

Postby Brannt » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:26 pm

able Furniture Advertisement Expert: robert klein - 10/15/2009 Leather Couch

I am a member of a Masonic lodge in Mobile, Al. We have a few old couches and chairs that have sat in the lobby for countless years and have been thinking of replacing them.  The problem is that none of the current members know when or where this furniture came from and if it might hold any value.

The pictured couch has three chairs finished in the same color and material.
Brannt

Questionable Furniture

Postby Granwen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:05 pm

Hi,

this sofa is a variation of a box sofa and would have been in the 1920-30 era judging from the photo.  chances are that the wood is figured birch, or tulip poplar or sweet gum.  maybe even mahogany but i annot tell form the photo provided.

might i suggest having these restored rather than having them replaced?  not meaning to get into your business but the history of your lodge would seem to warrant that course of action.  whatever you buy will not last nor have the character of these pieces.

i dont want to sound as if i am trying to solicit work as there are competent restorers in Mobile(Gary Small at Diane's Antiques on Jarvis Lane), but, if you would like to see my work, contact Sharon Cuff at the US Attorneys office 63 South Royal Street, Suite 600, Mobile, Alabama 36602, Ph: 251.441.5845 and ask about the historical furniture that we did at my shop, Roberts Antiques.  If she is not there I think the other contact was Jim Tharpe.  there is also a very good upholsterer in Pensacola that i have used for 40 years who are competent at all aspects of upholstery including leather.

i will be coming over to Mobile to visit with Gary Small next week.  if you would like i will come and look at what you have, no obligation and no charge.

bob klein

roberts antques restoration

pensacola, fl

8504323203-shop

[email protected]  
Granwen

Return to Immigration Law