Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Prostitution

Criminal Law Discussion Forum

Prostitution

Postby Chetwyn » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:58 pm

Are you an expert on all forms of organized crime? I was wondering if there is a federal law against prostitution? I know it is legal in parts of Nevada, and therefore it would seem like the nation must leave it up to the states? In which case what is the legal definition for prostitution? I have not been able to find a certain explanation. I know for sure that paying money for sex is considered prostitution, but is doing favors, etc instead consider prostitution? Because in that case it would seem prostitution would be ramped and everywhere. lol. Any input you can give me would be appreciated.
Chetwyn

Prostitution

Postby Deker » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:03 am

I am an expert in many aspects of organized crime but I don't consider myself to be an expert in all forms of anything including organized crime, I learn new things all the time and will always be a student in some area as trends evolve and change. And while I am not an attorney, nor is this legal advice or a legal opinion, I will give you an answer based on my experience. To my knowledge and understanding prostitution in and of itself, without any other associated or secondary offense including but certainly not limited to conspiracy, abduction, crossing of State lines for the purpose of prostitution or related immoral acts, money laundering, tax evasion, white slavery, human trafficking, minor or underage children, domestic or non-domestic animals, etc, and you are speaking of just "garden variety" prostitution as in adult persons of consenting age, and without mental or substance impairment caused by federally regulated narcotics engaging in a simple non-coerced agreement for one to perform a sex act with another in exchange for some form of gain involving money, service or other goods of value to a reasonable person then prostitution is a State crime. Another exception to this would of course be if the act of prostitution at any stage of the act took place on a federal reservation, park, property, building, dwelling, vessel, hospital, military base, or any property owned or controlled by the federal government or in any area that has been declared under martial law. Again, I'm not an attorney and I'm sure I may have left out plenty of conditions, but these were the ones that came to mind. You should ask this question of one of the attorney's to make sure. Stay Safe.

Max Caulfield

www.caulfieldinvestigations.com

www.caulfieldinvestigations.net
Deker

Prostitution

Postby young » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:53 am

Are you an expert on all forms of organized crime? I was wondering if there is a federal law against prostitution? I know it is legal in parts of Nevada, and therefore it would seem like the nation must leave it up to the states? In which case what is the legal definition for prostitution? I have not been able to find a certain explanation. I know for sure that paying money for sex is considered prostitution, but is doing favors, etc instead consider prostitution? Because in that case it would seem prostitution would be ramped and everywhere. lol. Any input you can give me would be appreciated.
young

Return to Criminal Law