Advertisments:

Sponsor Links:

Discount Legal Forms
Discounted Legal Texts

Property Rights

Discuss anything to do with property law - buying, selling property

Property Rights

Postby Tayte » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:22 am

Hi Bill, I've been Filipina by marriage for over 30 year. Living abroad, much later we divorced,as he chose to remarry. I returned to the Pi, and have lost contact with him almost 20 years. The PI's my home and I saw no reason to change my legal status as anyway I bought my house and lot here, plus several others. Understanding married status meant conjugal, I've always written on legal docs my name, Filipino, married, of legal age etc,. assuming I'm legally allowed to do so. On some I did write separated, but am now told this is illegal and I could be taken to court over it. Woh!!

Getting on in years and having no heirs I've been thinking to set up a trust to resell my land to this trust.

Learning now the reality of legal rights and land issues I actually have here I've decided to seek out a trustworthy legal firms offering consultation. Still before I go that route I thought I'd ask what good advice you could give or your suggested referrals.
Tayte

Property Rights

Postby NicholasCage » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:17 am

Glynda, First of all let me state, my wife and I don't have much trust in lawyers nor most "professionals". We are also aging so discuss this same matter occasionally ourselves. So decided to get all of our land tax papers updated so our daughter can fill our shoes ten years from now. Guess I need to ask, Why do you want to set up a trust? What are the benefits? What is the monthly expenses to such an arrangement etc etc? Are you protecting your property ownership from your divorced husband or tenants or others? What is your INTENTION regarding a TRUST? Do you plan to leave your assets in a will of some sort to some sort of charity organization? to relatives? My wife worked for the oldest maritime law firm in the Philippines so knows alot about contract law and such matters; we are in Manila now so if you like to drop by or email us directly I can ask her for a referral but I'm not sure YOU are SURE of what and why you are choosing this option. [email protected]
NicholasCage

Property Rights

Postby Niichaad » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:25 am

Hi Bill, I've been Filipina by marriage for over 30 year. Living abroad, much later we divorced,as he chose to remarry. I returned to the Pi, and have lost contact with him almost 20 years. The PI's my home and I saw no reason to change my legal status as anyway I bought my house and lot here, plus several others. Understanding married status meant conjugal, I've always written on legal docs my name, Filipino, married, of legal age etc,. assuming I'm legally allowed to do so. On some I did write separated, but am now told this is illegal and I could be taken to court over it. Woh!!

Getting on in years and having no heirs I've been thinking to set up a trust to resell my land to this trust.

Learning now the reality of legal rights and land issues I actually have here I've decided to seek out a trustworthy legal firms offering consultation. Still before I go that route I thought I'd ask what good advice you could give or your suggested referrals.
Niichaad

Return to Property Law